• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
A firmer hand on SB, a newish member (not naming names) raised concerns about SB appriopriate behaviour, A.K.A during the general "Malon Alt" witch hunt. Now i am one for being an ass in the SB and all sorts of other crap but some of the behaviour i'm noticing would've earned me a bloody ban or at least a warning, and yes i will bring up one thing in particular. Joke or not, at least once i've seen a member "jokingly" telling a member to go kill themselves, and i've said it to one reputable member during those accursed mafia, yet i am told the difference there is intent, mine could've been construed as serious as it was and i got infracted (which i'll agree was justified) but the other was construed as "joking" telling someone to go die isn't a joke ever.

TL:DR We need better SB management, aside from the ritual spaming of emotes that place can be a good place for newbies to chat into if we don't freaking poison them with insulting and sexual commentary either.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If I recall correctly, we have not had a single report of bad Shoutbox behavior all year, if it happens, report the users profile and copy the relevant shouts into the report.

We don't read through the all the logs unless we need to go back and see the shouts for some reason.

I think the rules have been rather lax lately and it is difficult to find the right extent to moderate (people will always complain it's too relaxed or too strict depending on what they want themselves). If you see issues in the Shoutbox, report them or message an online staff member so that we are better able to deal with it.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
If I recall correctly, we have not had a single report of bad Shoutbox behavior all year, if it happens, report the users profile and copy the relevant shouts into the report.

We don't read through the all the logs unless we need to go back and see the shouts for some reason.

I think the rules have been rather lax lately and it is difficult to find the right extent to moderate (people will always complain it's too relaxed or too strict depending on what they want themselves). If you see issues in the Shoutbox, report them or message an online staff member so that we are better able to deal with it.

Yes if it's serious a mod should know but some things shouldn't be even available on SB, biggest reason i don't report SB shenanigans was because until it was pointed out i didn't know that some of the crap wasn't allowed there. and it took a new member asking why we were acting like asses to clue me in.

Read the SB from the last 3 hours and look for the Malon Alt flaming there. if furth proof ain't needed i dunno what is.

Main reason i brought it up in the Suggestions thread is maybe can we get a mod specifically for the SB or two one for dayshift and one for nightshift. Just the fact a mod is actively watching can stop half the issues.

Dan

Can we put the spoiler thing back on huge signatures? Calling out ALIT, Storm, and Triforce King for their signatures that literally take up my entire screen.

I would appreciate it if you didn't name names. We can work our differences out much better that way.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
@Jimmu idk if you saw my post from yesterday after all the posts in quick succession in this thread but Jamie made a plugin for forcing a spoiler on large signatures before The Switch™ so if you would like to talk to him about using it that would be great :bubsy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom