• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wizard101 Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Kirion's vote on Jamie was perfectly fine in my personal opinion. But let me ask you now @kokirion are you going to want to keep your vote on Jamie now, even after he has posted, or will you be keeping it on him?
no, if someone is not at home lynching that person for not posting a lot is rather pointless.
Unvote

I said that Gummy would be a more useful lynch them an inactive. It wasn't about her being scummy. I had no reason to believe that except "trust no one".
My vote on Koki is because I feel like there could be some reasoning there, no matter how slight, which is much better reasoning IMO than giving someone the noose because of a joke.
You vote for me because you think "there could be some reasoning there".
Guys, I got lynched day 1 (as a townie) in anonymous mafia just now because I FOS'd someone (who in the end was mafia) while still having my RVS vote on someone else. I'm not gonna get myself lynched again for such a silly reason. You have your vote on me because someone else accused me of promoting a Gumball lynch while not voting for her myself, based on a tiny joke on page 3, while Eduarda even did exactly the same in the very post she accused me in. The first time that you speak about your reasoning yourself you speak in cryptic sentences about something however slight that may be there. Then what is that "some reasoning", how does that compare to the behaviour of other players, heck how does that compare with Eduarda's own statement in that same post herself?

Someone brought up the first real structured argument against another player and that was convenient for you. Convenient to say the argument is well-structured, better than RVS and hence a good reason to vote. If the player flips town you can just say "it was still better than no lynch because now we have information" and get away with it.

You jump very quickly on a vote, without analysing the situation yourself. When counter-arguments flow in you first ignore it, and later try to justify your choice by saying "I feel like there could be some reasoning here", without addressing the actual debate about the validity of the argument. It's somewhat ironic that you think the chance of me being scum is slightly higher than average, while I'm thinking exactly the same about you.
Vote: Dekunut

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
But because neither Dekunut or Eduarda provided a proper analysis of the situation, let me analyse it myself.

Alright, so this is the post that drew suspicion:
and you feel uber super duper good about Koki, no?

anyway. Gumball's "I want to get lynched" behaviour doesn't seem incredibly scummy to me, if only solely for the reason that if you're scum and trying to survive (I mean at least to not screw your scum mates), asking to be lynched is the single most stupid action you can make.
I'm not joining an RVS wagon if I think the chances of randomly hitting scum there are nearly zero. I prefer a different target. Although, I'm gonna be honest, anyone who begs to be lynched on day 1 pretty much deserves to be lynched.. sorry gummy, but I won't shed a tear this game if you do end up dying : '/
The argument was that first Koko decides not to vote for Gumball, but does add on the end a sentence in which he supports her death. This way, Kokirion might try to play it safe. He may try to support the Gumball wagon without burning his fingers by actually being on it (a psychological trick to kill off Gumball with clean hands).
In his next post he says the following:

I actually agree.
I'm fine with lynching one of the 3 non-posters. All three are fine players, so I'll just randomly vote for Jamie.

Vote: Jamie
So perhaps Koko's strategy is the following: he is betting on 2 horses. Either killing Gumball or killing Jamie. By betting on 2 horses the chance may lessen that another alternative could arrive last-minute, and so reduces the danger that a mafia member might die. Whereas both Gumball and Jamie are excellent players to get rid of on day 1. By not actually voting for Gumball he avoids being blamed for her death later on if she gets lynched, and Jamie is inactive, and through the façade of a policy lynch he can get away with that too relatively easily. Very much a Koko way to manipulate stuff. I can't agree more, so all the way up to this point I get your point.

But now let's be a bit more critical.
First of all, how does Koko usually try to manipulate stuff when he is mafia? Well, I'll take my answer out of a QT (paraphrased) from Lineages, in which he was mafia together with Toxic and Storm. They had a small discussion about it there, and Koko more or less said the following: As a mafia member what you should never do is attempting to control the game. You cannot fully control every asset of the game and it is not necessary. Instead, you need to steer the events in the game. Plant an idea in someone's head and make him/her pursue it, and you may very well openly try to influence something, but drop it as soon as it could damage you. The only things you need to achieve as mafia is to simply stay alive and to avoid drawing suspicion. Whoever dies is irrelevant as long as you can achieve the first 2 objectives.
Koko's style is indeed to sneakily manipulate events from the background. However, he really only cares about survival and not looking suspicious. So there is my first critical note, why would he stick his head out to get Jamie or Gumball killed this early? Is it necessary to his survival? Probably not, Koko would probably let it go, pray to any god in the world to get one of them killed, but would not intervene.

Anyway, let's look at his posts in more detail.
Basically he does 3 things:
1) defend Gumball
2) sarcastically say he wouldn't mourn her death if she does die
3) support lynching an inactive and voting for Jamie

Koko, as scum, tends to try to be as cost-efficient as possible. With the minimum amount of action the maximum amount of change.
His first move, to defend Gumball, is in that light already peculiar. If he is scum and indeed tries to get her killed without voting for her, why would he defend her? That's actually not very logical, because by giving an opinion about the Gumball wagon will obviously attract a response from others. He will have to defend his opinion right away, and what for? If he tries not to be seen as suspicious and tries to survive day 1, creating such a debate is a very sloppy move. It also has another negative effect on his "scum-cause". Namely, he might accidentally save Gumball. If you make a move to defend a person, it may lower the chance that that person dies, so if Koko wants her dead, why would he add part 1 to his posts? If Koko would want to kill her he could've more easily left part 1 out. He would only sarcastically say that he wouldn't mourn her death (without voting for her) and then supporting lynching an inactive player. That's probably more like Koko's scum-style.

Let's now take a look at part 3, where he votes for Jamie. Although that too may seem as a Kokish scum move, it probably isn't. Because why Jamie? He had the choice out of Jamie, Vergo and Regal. Out of these 3, Jamie is probably the most difficult target. Jamie tends to fights back fiercely. If Koko would be the first to vote for Jamie he might get into a big sparring contest with Jamie, and how will that keep him both safe from getting lynched and away from suspicion? Vergo at the other hand, while also being a fantastic player, has sometimes shown during the last few games to not become more active before the end of the day. With Vergo the chances are bigger that he'll stay inactive and so that Koko won't have to face him in a debate. And Regal is an even more easy target. Regal is not the type of player to fiercely fight back, but responds in a more mildly manner. Most people also probably favoured Regal out of the 3 (as seen by many of the reactions after Koko's choice for Jamie), so no one would've thought he was more scummy if he chose for Regal. For Koko, who would've wanted the least amount of damage, Regal was probably his favorite target if he were scum.

So, having analysed his posts in more detail, we found 2 major sloppy mistakes scum-Koko may have made. Defending Gumball and voting for Jamie instead of Regal. It's kind of unkokish for scum-Koko to make so many sloppy mistakes so early on, hmmm. And, given the fact that Koko is actually writing this post and completely aware of this all, why wouldn't he have been aware of it yesterday and just not made these mistakes? If he knows it, why would he do it, if he's scum...

Hmmm, maybe if I analyse it further it actually looks like it's unlikely to have been a scum move. The chances may actually be slightly bigger for now that he's not scum.

But let's finally discuss the scenario where he did do it according to the Koko-books. Koko left out his part where he defended Gumball and targetted Regal instead of Jamie.
Now, as much as this is the ideal version, does it still make him likely to be scum?
It reminds me of a south park episode I saw on tv yesterday. The boys were playing detectives and tried to solve crimes. At one point they were asked to solve the dissappearance of a pie. Of course, the dog ate the pie, but the boys came up with the megalomanic conclusion that the old lady's husband tried to murder her, was filled with rage, and then at some point ate the pie in the process. The thing is, if that man really was that filled with anger and wanted murder her etc. etc., it was kind of a fair analysis of the situation. But what made you think he had such murderous intent? What made it more likely that he wanted to kill her than the normal explanation that the dog just ate it?
In the case that Koko is scum and really wanted to bet on 2 horses and tried to manipulate people into killing Gumball or Regal, the only thing we have still established so far is that we cannot exclude that he didn't do it with evil intentions (and in reality we did, because we found 2 major flaws in this reasoning already). But what excludes the fact that he didn't just do that as a townie? Lots of people made jokes about Gumball's situation, it was page 4 afterall and Koko very often makes such comments. If he'd be town he probably still would've made that comment. Maybe he just didn't add the Gumball-defense part because he was tired and didn't want to take it serious, and maybe he took Regal as a target purely by chance. Many people would've chosen Regal as a townie, so why wouldn't he? So even in the most ideal situation we just concluded that we cannot exclude he was scum, but neither could we exclude he was town. So in that case it would be a random chance at most. and with these unkokish flaws we found, I'd say he's a pretty bad day 1 lynch.

That is how you underbuild why someone is or is not scummy. Not by cryptically saying "there may be something", or taking a joke so far out of its context that you come to a bizar conclusion

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
no, if someone is not at home lynching that person for not posting a lot is rather pointless.
Unvote

You vote for me because you think "there could be some reasoning there".
Guys, I got lynched day 1 (as a townie) in anonymous mafia just now because I FOS'd someone (who in the end was mafia) while still having my RVS vote on someone else. I'm not gonna get myself lynched again for such a silly reason. You have your vote on me because someone else accused me of promoting a Gumball lynch while not voting for her myself, based on a tiny joke on page 3, while Eduarda even did exactly the same in the very post she accused me in. The first time that you speak about your reasoning yourself you speak in cryptic sentences about something however slight that may be there. Then what is that "some reasoning", how does that compare to the behaviour of other players, heck how does that compare with Eduarda's own statement in that same post herself?
You have a good point about Eduarda there - I may not think that outside the box a lot of times. And, looking back, you're right, there are other people who could be voted for using the same argument. However, I don't have twenty votes, I have one. I chose to give it to you.
And I speak about it being slight because, you know what? It absolutely is. It's miniscule, a point the size of my pinkie toe. But it's something, and something is better than nothing in my opinion.

Someone brought up the first real structured argument against another player and that was convenient for you. Convenient to say the argument is well-structured, better than RVS and hence a good reason to vote. If the player flips town you can just say "it was still better than no lynch because now we have information" and get away with it.
I didn't vote because it was convenient. I voted because there was more there than my current, honestly RVS, wagon. And I feel like that last point is worthy of either town or scum, because it's true.

You jump very quickly on a vote, without analysing the situation yourself.
May I remind you who you're talking to?
In all seriousness though, I'll just keep playing like a broken record and say that I see more worth in your lynch than Gummy's, and that seems like a good anaalysis in itself. Did I conveniently ignore Eduarda's hypocrisy? Yeah. But it wasn't because I tried to. It was simply me seeing a better option and taking it.

When counter-arguments flow in you first ignore it, and later try to justify your choice by saying "I feel like there could be some reasoning here", without addressing the actual debate about the validity of the argument. It's somewhat ironic that you think the chance of me being scum is slightly higher than average, while I'm thinking exactly the same about you.
If there is something there, then how is the argument invalid? To add, I didn't "later" justify my choice. I justified it in the post I voted in:
Like Gummy said, killing an inactive gives us no info. At least Gummy will. Sorry gurl.
I see Eduardas point regarding Koki, and he may he worth looking into
Unvote
Vote: Kokirion

At least there's actually a reason for his death. More than can really be said for Gummy
At least there's actually a reason for his death. More than can really be said for Gummy.
It's just the same argument, but different words. I played my one card when I voted. I have nothing else up my sleeve, that's it, and I admit to it.

And also, that's not really irony. i'm disappointed in your figurative language skills.

But because neither Dekunut or Eduarda provided a proper analysis of the situation, let me analyse it myself.

Alright, so this is the post that drew suspicion:

The argument was that first Koko decides not to vote for Gumball, but does add on the end a sentence in which he supports her death. This way, Kokirion might try to play it safe. He may try to support the Gumball wagon without burning his fingers by actually being on it (a psychological trick to kill off Gumball with clean hands).
In his next post he says the following:

So perhaps Koko's strategy is the following: he is betting on 2 horses. Either killing Gumball or killing Jamie. By betting on 2 horses the chance may lessen that another alternative could arrive last-minute, and so reduces the danger that a mafia member might die. Whereas both Gumball and Jamie are excellent players to get rid of on day 1. By not actually voting for Gumball he avoids being blamed for her death later on if she gets lynched, and Jamie is inactive, and through the façade of a policy lynch he can get away with that too relatively easily. Very much a Koko way to manipulate stuff. I can't agree more, so all the way up to this point I get your point.
You get our point thus far so I'll ignore all this stuff here. Hope you don't mind.

But now let's be a bit more critical.
First of all, how does Koko usually try to manipulate stuff when he is mafia? Well, I'll take my answer out of a QT (paraphrased) from Lineages, in which he was mafia together with Toxic and Storm. They had a small discussion about it there, and Koko more or less said the following: As a mafia member what you should never do is attempting to control the game. You cannot fully control every asset of the game and it is not necessary. Instead, you need to steer the events in the game. Plant an idea in someone's head and make him/her pursue it, and you may very well openly try to influence something, but drop it as soon as it could damage you. The only things you need to achieve as mafia is to simply stay alive and to avoid drawing suspicion. Whoever dies is irrelevant as long as you can achieve the first 2 objectives.
Koko's style is indeed to sneakily manipulate events from the background. However, he really only cares about survival and not looking suspicious. So there is my first critical note, why would he stick his head out to get Jamie or Gumball killed this early? Is it necessary to his survival? Probably not, Koko would probably let it go, pray to any god in the world to get one of them killed, but would not intervene.
I'll be honest, I have a hard time using meta arguments. I don't pick up on metas very well. So this argument makes sense - I'll have to go back and read that chat and give an idea of it. Thanks for this bit.

Anyway, let's look at his posts in more detail.
Basically he does 3 things:
1) defend Gumball
2) sarcastically say he wouldn't mourn her death if she does die
3) support lynching an inactive and voting for Jamie
While it may have meant to be the case, I didn't view that as a sarcastic comment. I viewed it as fact, and from your end, it makes sense.

Koko, as scum, tends to try to be as cost-efficient as possible. With the minimum amount of action the maximum amount of change.
His first move, to defend Gumball, is in that light already peculiar. If he is scum and indeed tries to get her killed without voting for her, why would he defend her? That's actually not very logical, because by giving an opinion about the Gumball wagon will obviously attract a response from others. He will have to defend his opinion right away, and what for? If he tries not to be seen as suspicious and tries to survive day 1, creating such a debate is a very sloppy move. It also has another negative effect on his "scum-cause". Namely, he might accidentally save Gumball. If you make a move to defend a person, it may lower the chance that that person dies, so if Koko wants her dead, why would he add part 1 to his posts? If Koko would want to kill her he could've more easily left part 1 out. He would only sarcastically say that he wouldn't mourn her death (without voting for her) and then supporting lynching an inactive player. That's probably more like Koko's scum-style.
Again with the meta, mon ami.
Once again, may be worth it at a later time (I'll go look back at some games and try to set up a meta argument with that), but for now I need to try to get an idea of your meta myself before I agree with or counter any of these arguments.

Let's now take a look at part 3, where he votes for Jamie. Although that too may seem as a Kokish scum move, it probably isn't. Because why Jamie? He had the choice out of Jamie, Vergo and Regal. Out of these 3, Jamie is probably the most difficult target. Jamie tends to fights back fiercely. If Koko would be the first to vote for Jamie he might get into a big sparring contest with Jamie, and how will that keep him both safe from getting lynched and away from suspicion? Vergo at the other hand, while also being a fantastic player, has sometimes shown during the last few games to not become more active before the end of the day. With Vergo the chances are bigger that he'll stay inactive and so that Koko won't have to face him in a debate. And Regal is an even more easy target. Regal is not the type of player to fiercely fight back, but responds in a more mildly manner. Most people also probably favoured Regal out of the 3 (as seen by many of the reactions after Koko's choice for Jamie), so no one would've thought he was more scummy if he chose for Regal. For Koko, who would've wanted the least amount of damage, Regal was probably his favorite target if he were scum.
Your argument is less of "is it Koki-ish" and more "Is it smart". Because I see your point here. However, it was also the day before the day ends. You could simply not post and come back later saying you were busy today if he came back in. While Regal is the easiest to lynch, and is also a good player, he's not the most useful lynch. You have to weigh both of those points in your decision.

So, having analysed his posts in more detail, we found 2 major sloppy mistakes scum-Koko may have made. Defending Gumball and voting for Jamie instead of Regal. It's kind of unkokish for scum-Koko to make so many sloppy mistakes so early on, hmmm

And, given the fact that Koko is actually writing this post and completely aware of this all, why wouldn't he have been aware of it yesterday and just not made these mistakes? If he knows it, why would he do it, if he's scum...
Because being on the spot for something makes you consider something even more critically.
Well, for me at least, but I feel like it makes sense for other people to feel that too.

Hmmm, maybe if I analyse it further it actually looks like it's unlikely to have been a scum move. The chances may actually be slightly bigger for now that he's not scum.
You my be right. I'll remove my vote for now, but not because I feel like you're town, but because I'm going to try to look into your meta and see how this adds up. I can take it at face value (and take what you said as Gospel) or look at your other games and make a decision myself.

But let's finally discuss the scenario where he did do it according to the Koko-books. Koko left out his part where he defended Gumball and targetted Regal instead of Jamie.
Now, as much as this is the ideal version, does it still make him likely to be scum?
It reminds me of a south park episode I saw on tv yesterday. The boys were playing detectives and tried to solve crimes. At one point they were asked to solve the dissappearance of a pie. Of course, the dog ate the pie, but the boys came up with the megalomanic conclusion that the old lady's husband tried to murder her, was filled with rage, and then at some point ate the pie in the process. The thing is, if that man really was that filled with anger and wanted murder her etc. etc., it was kind of a fair analysis of the situation. But what made you think he had such murderous intent? What made it more likely that he wanted to kill her than the normal explanation that the dog just ate it?
In the case that Koko is scum and really wanted to bet on 2 horses and tried to manipulate people into killing Gumball or Regal, the only thing we have still established so far is that we cannot exclude that he didn't do it with evil intentions (and in reality we did, because we found 2 major flaws in this reasoning already). But what excludes the fact that he didn't just do that as a townie? Lots of people made jokes about Gumball's situation, it was page 4 afterall and Koko very often makes such comments. If he'd be town he probably still would've made that comment. Maybe he just didn't add the Gumball-defense part because he was tired and didn't want to take it serious, and maybe he took Regal as a target purely by chance. Many people would've chosen Regal as a townie, so why wouldn't he? So even in the most ideal situation we just concluded that we cannot exclude he was scum, but neither could we exclude he was town. So in that case it would be a random chance at most. and with these unkokish flaws we found, I'd say he's a pretty bad day 1 lynch.

That is how you underbuild why someone is or is not scummy. Not by cryptically saying "there may be something", or taking a joke so far out of its context that you come to a bizar conclusion[/QUOTE]
You made good points, but I'd like to remind you that that was all I had at the time. A lot of your argument is, once again, based on your meta, which I am not very well versed in. As I mentioned before, I'll unvote, take another look at it, then either leave you alone for now or return tomorrow with my vote on you once again in effect.
UNVOTE
Though I will say, nice conclusion.

@Heroine of Time
can I get replaced, I've got a lot of real life stuff that's sprung up and I'm not gonna be able to focus on this
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
bai

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I was working on a reply yesterday but didn't finish it and I can't answer in great detail right now >.> Sorry

The game had been on standstill for two days and JC called me out and asked to stir more activity. While I was away, town started leaning towards a Gummy lynch which I didn't really agree with. I brought up a thing I noticed about Koki, and then voted for an inactive in case I wouldn't be able to get on again before the day ended. I was pushed towards an inactive because I didn't have time to get more activity running. If I had more time to spend on Mafia, I wouldn't have chosen an 'easy lynch' as Johnny put it. Before that, I was already trying to get more info, but didn't notice anything beside Pendio and Koki.

My sudden switch is because after DekuNut agreed with me, I realized that this lynch might be an option and the resulting agreement/disagreement would help us a lot more than an inactive lynch.

Now for Koki's defense. I'm sorry, I didn't realize that that part was a joke. I read it seriously. I don't know what else to say, apart from that. My point was based on the contradiction of that statement and the beginning of his post.

But by now some more interesting things have happened. At the time of DekuNut's vote, I was also surprised he switched so quickly to Koki. I myself had thought that the information wasn't enough for a vote. But later when DekuNut made it a possibility for basing a lynch off of, I realized it's a tiny scrap or an inactive so I voted along with Deku to see where it would take us (this is also a response to the quick switch Vergo and Johnny brought up).

I find it interesting that it seemed like DekuNut was trying to protect someone by turning attention to Koki. But I completely understand this thought process as a townie so I won't put that as enough for a vote.

but... wait.

aren't you kind of doing the same? You accuse me of not actively voting for Gummy but still trying to support people who vote for her. Right in that same post you first defend her and then suddenly say "But if it comes down to it, and it needs more numbers, like I said, I'll join".
Very different situations. For Gummy, I said I didn't think the accusations against her pointed to Mafia. But nothing she did pointed to town either, for me. She was a null read. So if it came to her or no lynch, I would chose her. Otherwise, I'd avoid it. While on your hand, you said her actions doesn't seem like a scum thing to do (and by extension you implied you thought she might be town, to me). Yet you seemingly supported her lynch.

Something else about you Eduarda, in games when you are town I tend to have had the feeling that you were very considerate of who you voted, not to make mistakes. In games where you have been mafia you've quite frequently used shady arguments and were less careful. Here you use quite a weak argument to push for a lynch, I don't recall that to be town-Eduardish.
Didn't you read day one of Smash Bros Mafia? :P I don't want a no lynch so I'm trying my best to find the best lynch candidate, even with so little to go off of. My behavior now really reminds me of then, which makes me wary because the person I went after flipped town. I still don't want a no lynch but I will probably not be able to post again after this. So I'll switch my vote to DekuNut even though I'm not convinced he's scum, but like my reasoning with Koki, it's better than nothing.

Unvote: Kokirion
Vote: DekuNut

I wish I had more time to scumhunt. I'll make it up after 13th if you keep me that long

Mido

Version 1
It was intended as a joke vote. The only reason I did not remove it until now was because I have been away from the game for a bit. ^^

I see. I was just a bit thrown off by the timing of the vote is all.

This is a very interesting topic in my opinion. Thinking of players as valuable or less valuable. I do not think it is a winning way of thinking because it restricts our way of scum hunting. This game I have heard people wanting to spare (or at least something along those lines) Gummy, Jamie, Kirion, Vergo and Bryant. Seems like every single lynch candidate is too valuable to lynch. I think we have got to stop thinking like this. Kirion's vote on Jamie was perfectly fine in my personal opinion. But let me ask you now @kokirion are you going to want to keep your vote on Jamie now, even after he has posted, or will you be keeping it on him?

Honestly, I feel bad addressing the scenario as such I know that experience and reputation do not act as get out of lynching free cards. At this point, I really don't know how to justify what I said, so I apologize if any offense reached around! :)

I was working on a reply yesterday but didn't finish it and I can't answer in great detail right now >.> Sorry

The game had been on standstill for two days and JC called me out and asked to stir more activity. While I was away, town started leaning towards a Gummy lynch which I didn't really agree with. I brought up a thing I noticed about Koki, and then voted for an inactive in case I wouldn't be able to get on again before the day ended. I was pushed towards an inactive because I didn't have time to get more activity running. If I had more time to spend on Mafia, I wouldn't have chosen an 'easy lynch' as Johnny put it. Before that, I was already trying to get more info, but didn't notice anything beside Pendio and Koki

I see...makes sense to me for the most part. Your going after Pendio and kokirion fit your proactive and inquisitive mode of operation; however, the rest of your post instills a puzzling feeling inside this guy's mind.

My sudden switch is because after DekuNut agreed with me, I realized that this lynch might be an option and the resulting agreement/disagreement would help us a lot more than an inactive lynch.

But by now some more interesting things have happened. At the time of DekuNut's vote, I was also surprised he switched so quickly to Koki. I myself had thought that the information wasn't enough for a vote. But later when DekuNut made it a possibility for basing a lynch off of, I realized it's a tiny scrap or an inactive so I voted along with Deku to see where it would take us (this is also a response to the quick switch Vergo and Johnny brought up).

I'm starting to see where Johnny's coming from in that you seem to be operating from a standpoint of convenience, especially in this situation. It's almost as if Deku's agreement with you justified your own vote due to crowd acceptance. (Not necessarily a scum tell, as I even did this as town in Pirates II when I used JC as a crutch when I questioned Tristan and Gummy.)

I find it interesting that it seemed like DekuNut was trying to protect someone by turning attention to Koki. But I completely understand this thought process as a townie so I won't put that as enough for a vote.

If I may ask, who do you think he was trying to protect? I never got that vibe from his vote personally. In the meantime, I'll try to catch onto your perspective here.

Very different situations. For Gummy, I said I didn't think the accusations against her pointed to Mafia. But nothing she did pointed to town either, for me. She was a null read. So if it came to her or no lynch, I would chose her. Otherwise, I'd avoid it. While on your hand, you said her actions doesn't seem like a scum thing to do (and by extension you implied you thought she might be town, to me). Yet you seemingly supported her lynch.

I'd wager that both you and kokirion thought similarly about Gummy. Remember, he did mention that he would rather find a better target. It didn't seem like he wanted to lynch her in the grand scheme of things.

probably not be able to post again after this. So I'll switch my vote to DekuNut even though I'm not convinced he's scum, but like my reasoning with Koki, it's better than nothing.

Unvote: Kokirion
Vote: DekuNut

You've mentioned that you were not in agreement with the movement on LG, and you accordingly did not vote. If you're not convinced Deku is scum (or at least leaning scum), then why vote for him? I know you noted that you would persue a lynch to find information, and that's fair, but I'm slightly bothered by the fact that you go from supporting Deku's measure in voting to turning on him the next. This leads me to think you two aren't aligned, but this is mainly based on the fact that kokirion was the sole vote towards DekuNut, rendering the wagon near-nonexistent. Your intentions seem very much earnest, but your way of going about them raises my eyebrows.

FOS: Eduarda

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Tristan is going to be replacing RegalBryant. However, he says that he won't be very active until Thursday as he'll be out of town.

Vote Tally

DekuNut (3) - kokirion, Eduarda, LittleGumball
Sadia (2) - Mido, Shroom
LittleGumball (1) - Timeless
Mido (1) - Sadia

No votes cast: Tristan, Jamie, Doc, Frozen Chosen, Ver-go-a-go-go, Libk, Justac00lguy, Pendio, Johnny Sooshi, DekuNut

Day 1 will end on Sunday, August 7th, 2016 at 9 PM MST. With 17 players alive, 9 is majority. 5 votes are required to lynch.

@Timeless
Anything to add to the current situation?

Well, I probably should've mentioned earlier that I'm on vacation until the 12th, but I have read and caught up on what's been going on. In any case, in general, given the fact that this game is literally the first time I've posted on ZD in literally three years, I can't accurately gauge which players are more likely to use which strategies, or what exhibits "abnormal" behavior for a particular player. So I kinda just RVS'd, which I remember as the thing everyone did back in the olden days. As the game progresses I'll have more of an opinion and pick up on what seems odd.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't think that Dekunut and Eduarda can both be scum.

Why me over her?

Well, I probably should've mentioned earlier that I'm on vacation until the 12th, but I have read and caught up on what's been going on. In any case, in general, given the fact that this game is literally the first time I've posted on ZD in literally three years, I can't accurately gauge which players are more likely to use which strategies, or what exhibits "abnormal" behavior for a particular player. So I kinda just RVS'd, which I remember as the thing everyone did back in the olden days. As the game progresses I'll have more of an opinion and pick up on what seems odd.
What do you think of the Koki/Eduarda/myself debacle? Even not knowing us, does anything about it seem to stand out to you?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Sorry, Deku, but I'm going to

Vote DekuNut

The day has only a few hours and I want to see someone lynched. I've not been getting a town vibe from you so far, so I can't protest your lynch.

I think Eduarda is definitely worth keeping an eye on. Especially how she is pushing blame for Koki onto DekuNut.
I find it interesting that it seemed like DekuNut was trying to protect someone by turning attention to Koki.
That, along with the fact that she did wait until DekuNut voted to vote for Koki. During the SSB Mafia, Eduarda had no problem attacking HoT over a small bit of evidence.

FoS: Eduarda

Pen

The game is on!
i should add that i think she would be a decent vigilante target if Dekunut flips town. vig you don't HAVE to listen to me by any means, it's day one so i could be wrong af, but it's something to consider :uwu:

I second this. If DN should die and flip Town, then it would be worth it looking in Eduarda's direcation for scum. Normally I would not support a strategy like this, but since it is just day 1 and we have not got much else to go on, I think this is one of the best things we can do right now. Naturally though, if DN dies and flips scum, then I would say Eduarda is unlikely to be scum too. Anyway, ultimately it is all up to our Vigilante. I would not blame her/him for not wanting to kill on night 1 for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom