• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wizard101 Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
triple posting but i want to edit my earlier post :umu: because I didn't notice that @Ver-go-a-go-go hasn't posted either

hi friend :)

Anyway I almost feel like the best course is to lynch someone who hasn't posted so they're not NK fodder for scum but that's also a really terrible idea because it's probably impossible to hit scum that way and also leaves zero information to go off the next day. Most everyone else has posted speculation which I appreciate despite my earlier ****posting.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
triple posting but i want to edit my earlier post :umu: because I didn't notice that @Ver-go-a-go-go hasn't posted either

hi friend :)

Anyway I almost feel like the best course is to lynch someone who hasn't posted so they're not NK fodder for scum but that's also a really terrible idea because it's probably impossible to hit scum that way and also leaves zero information to go off the next day. Most everyone else has posted speculation which I appreciate despite my earlier ****posting.
I actually agree.
I'm fine with lynching one of the 3 non-posters. All three are fine players, so I'll just randomly vote for Jamie.

Vote: Jamie

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hi just letting you guys know I exist. I'll try be as active as I can. It's just like I always feel burnt out after playing such an active and intense game like SSB. Also where @Eduarda at when you need her to drive activity?

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Also where @Eduarda at when you need her to drive activity?
Im out of country and won't be back until 13th so dont expect a strong stream of activity from me, until then.

Gumball's "I want to get lynched" behaviour doesn't seem incredibly scummy to me [...] Although, I'm gonna be honest, anyone who begs to be lynched on day 1 pretty much deserves to be lynched.
So you think Gummy's joke makes her seem town to you, but you say she deserves to be lynched for making said joke? How come? You yourself have made a ton of Gummy dying on day one jokes, and all she seems to be doing is continuing the joke. Every Mafia player on ZD knows the ongoing joke. I don't think she's doing anything new, and I don't think she deserves to be lynched because of this. I've seen you use a flimsy excuse to push for someone's lynch, before, as scum. Though in this case you yourself aren't voting her, the statement still makes me wary.

I've seen how strong Gummy plays so I don't agree with her lynch just yet. But if it comes down to it, and it needs more numbers, like I said, I'll join.

Tbh I'm more confident in voting for an inactive. I'd usually want day one lynches to yeild the most info possible but with four pages ill doubt we'll get more info either way.

Out of the three tbh I'd rather vote Bryant. Sorry. Ill keep a vote for now in case I cant come back to this.

Vote: RegalBryant

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Like Gummy said, killing an inactive gives us no info. At least Gummy will. Sorry gurl.
I see Eduardas point regarding Koki, and he may he worth looking into
Unvote
Vote: Kokirion

At least there's actually a reason for his death. More than can really be said for Gummy

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I mean i'll admit it's hard to pick someone to lynch when there generally isn't much serious activity. tbh i'm going to be mad if i get lynched because i made a joke :umu:

:|

Well I'd rather keep am active contributor than someone inactive. That's always my opinion. There ain't much to go on really anyway so I think I'll either vote based on what happens in the next few hours, or else leave it to Random.org

Unvote

Mido

Version 1
Alright, I know it may be too early for this, since this sort of thing threw me under the bus's spare tires before; but I've got some disorganized reads to share with the audience:

Doc: As far as I'm concerned, I think Doc's observations have the potential to be very astute, given nothing on our speculations can be confirmed at this point. I agree with LG that his posts have been good, and I'd like to think that he's a member of the town. I'd also say that upon observation I just conducted as I've been typing, Frozen Chosen's observations seem to stem from a similar standing, which gives me a better understanding of LG's reads.

LG: I think there's a few things we can pick out from her wagon, but before I go into that, aside from her blatant joking around before the most recent posts, she's been in character as her usual no-nonsense self. As far as her wagon goes, I'd like to dissect it a bit.

Little Gumball (2)- Pendio, Timeless.

I'm not too concerned about Timeless and Johnny at this time, but I find Pendio's vote the most interesting since it was the most recent and took place after his brief discourse with Eduarda. Briefly recapping, he stated the following:

A lynch I disagree with? Definitely not. Would you?

That being said, at this early point in the game there is not exactly any player whose lynch I specifically disagree with, so at this time I could see myself joining any lynch in order to lynch someone. Later in the game however (when I have formed better opinions on all of the players) I should not be as easily persuaded.
You misunderstand what I meant. On day 1 (when I will most likely not have much of an opinion on anyone) I am fine with it. If I, however, have reason to trust the player who is getting lynched over other players, I will not lend a hand in it. Anyway, I imagine I will probably be willing to agree to help out lyachting most of the time. I just wanted to make it very clear that I am not guaranteed to definitely join a bandwagon only to lynch.

His overall semi-cautiousness I would argue fits his MO, and is representative of an independent mindset, especially in the former post. While I understand his line of thought in these responses, I became intrigued by his late vote on Gummy. What's the agenda here? (Especially since LG is a good player to have under contract with the town).

Last thoughts: I just caught up to this recent discourse on kokirion, and while I can sort of see where recent suspicion on him has stemmed, I don't know if I necessarily agree. He did note that he believed better targets outside of LG existed on this day. The only thing I'm somewhat perplexed by is his choosing to vote Jamie of the inactive crew, since Jamie can be a valuable asset. In contrast to this, Eduarda takes the safer route by going with RegalBryant. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this vote patter, but I find the dichotomy interesting based on bold/safe moves.

For now, I'm going to leave my vote on Sadia. I'm not entirely sold on the recent direction of the town yet, but at the same time, I can't say my vote on Sadia holds much water anyways. I mainly voted her since at the time of my vote, she had not posted yet. The only other thing I can say is that she joined on the consensus speculation train late in the game; however, I've been wrong about consensus patterns before, i.e. Patcat. This is all for now.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I am with Deku on his decision. I know it isnt much, but the way Koki gave an obvious excuse to not lynch a helpful player when the whole basis for her lynch was rvs (cleaning his hands), and then saying he's fine with the lynch, therefore giving a go-ahead, I think is a better reason than Bryant. But really, you three need to post. I wont mind vig getting one of them, if they refuse to help.

Unvote: RegalBryant

Day ends tomorrow, right? I dont think we'll get a better lead than Koki. His lynch would alao give us a bit more info, so I support it.

I'm not as confident as you guys about Kokirion. I believe lynching those who fail to play is worth a little more in the beginning when we have little to go off of, but if you really think Kokirion is scum, go right ahead. I personally think Kokiriok is too good of a player to lose so soon.

Although, that's like the pot calling the kettle black because I hit Kokirion night one in SSB Mafia...

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Although, I'm gonna be honest, anyone who begs to be lynched on day 1 pretty much deserves to be lynched.. sorry gummy, but I won't shed a tear this game if you do end up dying : '/

I read this more as a joke, a snub of sorts. Like saying Gummy should've seen the votes coming. Maybe I'm misinterpreting.
Seeing as how he also voted for someone else, I don't think he pushed for a Gummy lynch at all, rather, he clearly stated he preferred a different target and was the first one to disapprove of a Gummy lynch.

Saying that, idk if Kokirion is actually town or not, it's too early to say. I just disagreed with the train of thought.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
So you think Gummy's joke makes her seem town to you, but you say she deserves to be lynched for making said joke? How come? You yourself have made a ton of Gummy dying on day one jokes, and all she seems to be doing is continuing the joke. Every Mafia player on ZD knows the ongoing joke. I don't think she's doing anything new, and I don't think she deserves to be lynched because of this. I've seen you use a flimsy excuse to push for someone's lynch, before, as scum. Though in this case you yourself aren't voting her, the statement still makes me wary.
no. I never said she's town. I thought this move made it unlikely that she's scum. Similair, but different. I don't see it as a town move, I just see it as a move that would be a strange combination with being scum-aligned, so by deduction I think it is less likely that she's scum. I'm neither saying that it is so incredibly unlikely that I trust her for the rest of the game, but I think the chances of her flipping scum are lower than the chances if we would pick someone at random. In that case I'd rather choose a different target.

You also make this whoooole thing about her joke and how I don't understand it (while being completely unaware that I'm joking myself, that aside) of which I don't see a connection with my alignment.
I stated my opinion on her above. Afterwards I just boldly said something sarcastic. Which is hardly more than flavour (like defending someone and acting on that, but adding afterwards that you do still hate him/her (I don't hate you Gymmu, I love you). Which would have nothing to do with the argument you bring forward). So don't read so much into that, jeez. It's freaking page 3, plus I've been making a sport out of being direct and making sarcastic oneliners at mafia the last couple of years.

Like Gummy said, killing an inactive gives us no info. At least Gummy will. Sorry gurl.
I see Eduardas point regarding Koki, and he may he worth looking into
Unvote

At least there's actually a reason for his death. More than can really be said for Gummy
The same goes for you. Besides, your little explanation, quick vote and because the argument itself alreasy is very weak, it seems like you're just jumping on this wagon for the sake of simplicity. Not a town-tell.
FOS: Dekunut

Alright, I know it may be too early for this, since this sort of thing threw me under the bus's spare tires before; but I've got some disorganized reads to share with the audience:

Last thoughts: I just caught up to this recent discourse on kokirion, and while I can sort of see where recent suspicion on him has stemmed, I don't know if I necessarily agree. He did note that he believed better targets outside of LG existed on this day. The only thing I'm somewhat perplexed by is his choosing to vote Jamie of the inactive crew, since Jamie can be a valuable asset. In contrast to this, Eduarda takes the safer route by going with RegalBryant. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this vote patter, but I find the dichotomy interesting based on bold/safe moves.
Out of Vergo, Regal and Jamie, I would almost never choose Vergo if it's not necessary. I like his playstyle and I think he's one of the best players around. I also think that Jamie is a great player, but I don't think Regal is a bad player either. From what I recall he played pretty good in Anonymous mafia, so in my opinion all three of these players fall under the good player category. Out of Regal and Jamie, I picked Jamie pretty much randomly. Perhaps I chose him because I assume most people will automatically go for Regal, whereas I think he's a bit underestimated, hence I chose the opposite.

I am with Deku on his decision. I know it isnt much, but the way Koki gave an obvious excuse to not lynch a helpful player when the whole basis for her lynch was rvs (cleaning his hands), and then saying he's fine with the lynch, therefore giving a go-ahead, I think is a better reason than Bryant. But really, you three need to post. I wont mind vig getting one of them, if they refuse to help.

Day ends tomorrow, right? I dont think we'll get a better lead than Koki. His lynch would alao give us a bit more info, so I support it.
I pretty clearly said I didn't want to lynch her. Only on a personal note I added that I wouldn't mourn anyone's death if they've been begging all the time to get lynched. In that case you kinda deserve it : / but still, in my analysis of the situation I don't think she is the best target. So I don't vote.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I've seen how strong Gummy plays so I don't agree with her lynch just yet.
awwww :) that's so swe-
But if it comes down to it, and it needs more numbers, like I said, I'll join.
oh....
she's been in character as her usual no-nonsense self.
by that you mean my complete nonsense mixed with absolute zero nonsense :P
I'm not as confident as you guys about Kokirion. I believe lynching those who fail to play is worth a little more in the beginning when we have little to go off of, but if you really think Kokirion is scum, go right ahead. I personally think Kokiriok is too good of a player to lose so soon.

Although, that's like the pot calling the kettle black because I hit Kokirion night one in SSB Mafia...

I read this more as a joke, a snub of sorts. Like saying Gummy should've seen the votes coming. Maybe I'm misinterpreting.
Seeing as how he also voted for someone else, I don't think he pushed for a Gummy lynch at all, rather, he clearly stated he preferred a different target and was the first one to disapprove of a Gummy lynch.

Saying that, idk if Kokirion is actually town or not, it's too early to say. I just disagreed with the train of thought.
Important posts if Kokirion flips scum. Not really sure on which direction he'll go yet.

I'm so glad we're getting into some serious discussion now :uwu:

Mido

Version 1
Out of Vergo, Regal and Jamie, I would almost never choose Vergo if it's not necessary. I like his playstyle and I think he's one of the best players around. I also think that Jamie is a great player, but I don't think Regal is a bad player either. From what I recall he played pretty good in Anonymous mafia, so in my opinion all three of these players fall under the good player category. Out of Regal and Jamie, I picked Jamie pretty much randomly. Perhaps I chose him because I assume most people will automatically go for Regal, whereas I think he's a bit underestimated, hence I chose the opposite.

Fair answer. I should probably mention that I did not intend to discredit Regal as a player since she's been on quite the hot streak since her return to the game, especially as a nighttime player.

The same goes for you. Besides, your little explanation, quick vote and because the argument itself alreasy is very weak, it seems like you're just jumping on this wagon for the sake of simplicity. Not a town-tell.
FOS: Dekunut

I can never quite get a good read on DekuNut since he manages to keep his style consistent, but I nonetheless agree with you. His latest post is a bit suspect as it comes of very much as a bandwagon move, potentially discreet in nature as well. I will also say that he's been an active voter this game day, making him come off as potentially more bold, which throws my own view on him back at square one.

by that you mean my complete nonsense mixed with absolute zero nonsense :P

:vaultboy:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
not yet but i'm p peeved that people haven't posted yet. (naming names @Jamie and @RegalBryant hi friends the game started just in case you didn't know :) )

I mean i'll admit it's hard to pick someone to lynch when there generally isn't much serious activity. tbh i'm going to be mad if i get lynched because i made a joke :umu:
Sorry I won't be active this game day because I'm in Edmonton with some ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom