• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How Pleased are you with what you have seen

How pleased

• 1- I want to gauge out my eyes

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 3 3.7%

Votes: 4 4.9%

Votes: 12 14.8%

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • 10- I couldnt be more pleased

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Zelda fans are never happy, this guy most of all

No, I am no happy when they keep throwing core parts of the series out the window. No, I am not happy when it looks like the series may end up like the Paper Mario series and die because of it. "They don't stop making Zelda!" yeah and you probably said that about Star Fox and F Zero too.

Not even sure why you play Zelda when you relentlessly complain about every installment,

Let's see...I complain about tWW...SS...a little bit...and...ALBW. Yep every installment.

particularly the difficulty. Go play and join a Dark Souls forum.

I can't tell if you're just an angsty fanboy or completely illiterate. I haven't complained about the difficulty and regularly support Nintendo's easiness, since that is, after all, what you should expect them to do for their targt audience.

Anyway, I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. Looks fantastic, everything I was hoping for and more.

It does look nice, yes, but if you wanted Zelda to be an RPG...why not just play an RPG?

Honestly, it's not the quality I'm most worried about at this point...it's the series direction as a whole and the identity crises it's suffering with. It feels like it's about a chapter behind Paper Mario. And if Nintendo treats this the same way they treated PM, they won't go back and make a proper game regardless of fan reaction.

The game itself looks like it could be great, but I feel like it works better as a spin off. No matter how you personally feel, in the end, Nintendo is giving an RPG to a target audience that didn't want an RPG. So even if this is the best game in the entire series, I doubt it will do well, which will mean we haven't had a successful console Zelda in a decade.

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Let's see...I complain about tWW...SS...a little bit...and...ALBW. Yep every installment.
You complain about every game being too short and easy. Don't lie, because we've had these discussions before.

I can't tell if you're just an angsty fanboy or completely illiterate.
I was going to keep responding but this made me decide not to. Have a nice one.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I am at an optimistic 8/10 because of what we saw. I'm excited, but there isn't much to know yet. I'm also trying to keep myself from knowing too much. Gotta be surprised!

But so far, so good. I have some concerns, especially about the size of the world (too big), but we'll address those at a later time.

Zelda has always been catagorized as an RPG

It never has.

At least not officially. I don't get why people keep saying this. Zelda is not an RPG, and it never has been. Adding more RPG elements is fine, but that doesn't make it an RPG.

I actually don't mind the RPG-ish stuff. The game has always had some light RPG elements, so adding more doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A role-playing game is a game in which players assume the roles of characters (in this case Link) in a fictional setting (Hyrule) Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative (Yep that's what we tend to do in Zelda games), either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development.

Zelda is an RPG series. There is no real question of it. Aounima himself described TP as an RPG in an interview.

DarkestLink

You complain about every game being too short and easy. Don't lie, because we've had these discussions before.

I don't recall ever once talking to you before. You seem to be completely new here, honestly. But by all means, names some examples (5-7 sounds good) of me saying different games are "too easy". I have said the games are easy--and they are--but I've never really complained about it aside from ALBW's puzzle quality.

EDIT: Though I will admit this is not the first time the early footage of a game has failed to impress me. I recall being in this exact same position before with Skyward Sword. Everyone insisted the controls would be perfect and I was just hating for pointing out the obvious difficulties that Miyamoto had with them. Oh I remember the claims that this game was going to be hard and this is what fans have been waiting for in the series!

...Then the game actually came out. Surprise surprise, adding more damage really was just artificial difficulty and the game was as easy as the others. No that's not a bad thing, but it did disapoint a lot of people. Yes, the controls were horribly broken. And overall, most of these people blindly praising the game had their foot stuck in their mouth when they ended up not liking it.

But here we are, 5 years later, and now that the fanboys have their foots out of their mouths, they're ready to shove their heads back into their ass and blindly praise everything without a second thought. Ironically, it seems like I usually end up enjoying the game more they do. Yes, I am quick to point out potential faults, but that doesn't mean I am immediately resigned to hate the game. I'm just being realistic. Maybe that's why I enjoyed games like SS and ALBW more than the people who blindly praised them...because I was realistic about the faults they were sure to have while most other fanboys were expecting perfection.

Zelda has always been catagorized as an RPG

The Legend of Zelda is a high-fantasy action-adventure video game series created by Japanese game designers Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka.

Last edited:
I don't recall ever once talking to you before. You seem to be completely new here, honestly. But by all means, names some examples (5-7 sounds good) of me saying different games are "too easy".
"Completely new here"
Seems like he's been here for at least two years..

The Legend of Zelda is a high-fantasy action-adventure video game series created by Japanese game designers Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka.
1.) You're using Wikipedia as a source which is basically invalid
2.) A role-playing game (RPG) is a genre of video game where the gamer controls a fictional character (or characters) that undertakes a quest in an imaginary world.

^ also I'll redirect you to Deus' post

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I don't recall ever once talking to you before. You seem to be completely new here, honestly.
His 2710 messages ad 2 years on the site, not including posts on the mafia forums, are definitely a sign that he is new here. Welcome to the forums, @Jamie

Btw has anyone seen any of the crazy things people have been doing in the demo? I'll go get Gifs

DarkestLink

2.) A role-playing game (RPG) is a genre of video game where the gamer controls a fictional character (or characters) that undertakes a quest in an imaginary world.

So examples of RPGs would be...
Super Mario Bros.
Metroid
Star Fox
Pretty Much Every Game That Exists

EDIT: I shouldn't have even responded to this. You know what I'm talking about when I say RPG, so please don't be coy and act dumb. It's just a waste of time.

Last edited:
I don't recall ever once talking to you before. You seem to be completely new here, honestly. But by all means, names some examples (5-7 sounds good) of me saying different games are "too easy". I have said the games are easy--and they are--but I've never really complained about it aside from ALBW's puzzle quality.

EDIT: Though I will admit this is not the first time the early footage of a game has failed to impress me. I recall being in this exact same position before with Skyward Sword. Everyone insisted the controls would be perfect and I was just hating for pointing out the obvious difficulties that Miyamoto had with them. Oh I remember the claims that this game was going to be hard and this is what fans have been waiting for in the series!

...Then the game actually came out. Surprise surprise, adding more damage really was just artificial difficulty and the game was as easy as the others. No that's not a bad thing, but it did disapoint a lot of people. Yes, the controls were horribly broken. And overall, most of these people blindly praising the game had their foot stuck in their mouth when they ended up not liking it.

But here we are, 5 years later, and now that the fanboys have their foots out of their mouths, they're ready to shove their heads back into their ass and blindly praise everything without a second thought. Ironically, it seems like I usually end up enjoying the game more they do. Yes, I am quick to point out potential faults, but that doesn't mean I am immediately resigned to hate the game. I'm just being realistic. Maybe that's why I enjoyed games like SS and ALBW more than the people who blindly praised them...because I was realistic about the faults they were sure to have while most other fanboys were expecting perfection.

Dude, Jamie isn't new. He's even been staff before.
So examples of RPGs would be...
Super Mario Bros.
Metroid
Star Fox
Pretty Much Every Game That Exists
Correct.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
HANG-GLIDER!! That is all.
I actually find it hilarious that you can do nearly everything in Zelda BotW that you can do in Ubisoft's Steep.

Hangliding? Yes
Snowboarding? Yes
Climbing? Yes

That's pretty much all that steep is... Yet Zelda U does it in a more fun way, with an actual game wrapped behind it.... Hmmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom