• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How Pleased are you with what you have seen

How pleased

• 1- I want to gauge out my eyes

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 3 3.7%

Votes: 4 4.9%

Votes: 12 14.8%

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • 10- I couldnt be more pleased

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I haven't really been too excited about Zelda U since we hadn't received anything on the game for a long time but I must say I am impressed with what I have seen today.

Just making a poll to see how pleased the people of this forum are with Zelda U's showing so far.

9. This is the evolution of the franchise we've been waiting for. The only thing that brings it down a peg for me is the lack of area music in the overworld and shrines. Okay, I get it that the Zelda team made a cool piano sound effect, but I miss the epic music that would always play in the background of Zelda games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Realistically 6/10 , there wasnt a lot going on in the plateau, easily a great deal was walking between camps. The camps also only had a three or so enemies which all die in two to three hits.

But my innee Zelda fan says it was a 10/10. Artstyle fantastic, trailer fantastic, all the new **** you can so is fantastic. The only thing to make me more excired is to have a demo on the eShop.

I completely in awe with what I just saw. There are a few things that I dislike, but other than that I'm completely sold on this. It's awesome.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm at a 9 right now. I'd love to see more and see what they've done with bosses, dungeons, NPCs, and side-quests. I'm also worried about the lack of a green tunic seeing as the amiibos are sticking to that blue outfit. Combat also doesn't look as spectacular as I hoped but I can deal with it. Other than that, looks like it's on its way to becoming the greatest Zelda experience.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
9/10 for me. I love graphics and game overall, but there is some things that worry me about this game. Game feels kinda empty, there is few bokoblin camps and some other enemies, but not enought for my liking. Number of dungeons and handling of dungeon ( or key items) also scares me little bit, if there is only few dungoens there needs to be something else to spark interested. Lack of people, towns and information about side quests makes me worries too.

Reactions: Dio
I'm very pleased with the gameplay and the amount of detail given to the world. I have no complaints to give there - Breath of the Wild will clearly be a fun game.

However, I am a little worried as to what kinds of character we'll actually see in the world. We've already received confirmation on no real companion character existing in the game, so it looks like all exploration will be done alone. It looks like you're introduced to one character at the beginning of the game, and you briefly encounter other characters inside some of the shrines around the landscape. But we haven't seen any towns or anything of the sort yet, so it's tough to know how limited we are as far as interactions with other characters.

As it stands, I know that some would prefer a more isolated game where you spend the vast majority of your time exploring on your own. But I did enjoy having companions around in the past games, and towns and the like have always made for a brief rest from the rest of the gameplay. The flexibility offered from combat and exploration, as well as what looks like the incorporation of more RPG elements looks good for the series. But from personal experience, having that sort of gameplay going continuously without any sort of break gets old eventually.

I hate to be a downer by bringing up concerns like that. I'm still incredibly hyped for the game - at the end of the day, while I enjoy the characters and stories of Zelda games, they've never been a priority for Nintendo, and there's no reason to let concerns over them overshadow everything else. But I did want to bring up that little issue I have with what we've seen.

8/10 for now. It's the best game I've seen this E3, but I've still got some worries about it.

im going to be honest, ex expected quality but this is going beyond that. The amount of creative stuff this game allows you to do is breathtaking. The combat, the animations, the art style, the music, the world exploration.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
9/10 for me. I love graphics and game overall, but there is some things that worry me about this game. Game feels kinda empty, there is few bokoblin camps and some other enemies, but not enought for my liking. Number of dungeons and handling of dungeon ( or key items) also scares me little bit, if there is only few dungoens there needs to be something else to spark interested. Lack of people, towns and information about side quests makes me worries too.
I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. I want people and towns also along with a decent amount of dungeons but the Plateau area is absolutely tiny compared to the rest of Hyrule. I have been watching the gameplay and Bokoblins have been stated to be the main enemy in the Plateau area but there is much more variety elsewhere.

Btw its been cleared that the town comment is just applied to this E3 demo:

"He also wouldn’t talk about towns. “I can't share too much about villages because to tell you how the villages work, they're interconnected to the story and overall world.” Thankfully, Aonuma did tell us the upgrade path for equipment is “very Zelda-like” but that’s it."

Source IGN

D

Deleted member 14134

The initial trailer left me disappointed and I really hate the title but part of the gameplay demo I watched impressed me more. The graphics look downgraded, though it may possibly look better on the NX (not like I'll be playing it on there though). It looks like they learnt from past Zelda games, especially SKyward Sword where they instantly threw you into the world to explore rather than force you through hours of tutorials. The notifications that pop up when you get items seems less intrusive than they did in SS as well, hopefully they don't re-appear every time you load the game.

I hope there are more difficulty modes available from the start, I noticed the enemies were dealing quarter hearts of damage to Link and healing items seemed plentiful early on.

Otherwise I don't think I'll be watching much more gameplay, what I saw is enough and I'll be getting it for sure when it launches next year on the Wii U.

Initially I was in Awe, seeing the gameplay I am now in No. I sold my beloved Wii, for a crappy system only to find out the game I wanted most is being ruined by VA, though in all fairness it isn't cringe worthy atm, the SS melon meter and breakable weapons.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Initially I was in Awe, seeing the gameplay I am now in No. I sold my beloved Wii, for a crappy system only to find out the game I wanted most is being ruined by VA, though in all fairness it isn't cringe worthy atm, the SS melon meter and breakable weapons.
The VA only seems to be Link's voice in his head.

Though why is a stamina meter and breakable weapons such a bad thing that it ruins your excitement?

So long as it is excecuted well, unlike in SS, it is good. Just look at Shadows of the Collosus. That game was amazing and it had a stamina meter.

I also bet you that you will get unbreakable weapons down the line. Most likely the master Sword.

But other than that.
Exploration is at an all time high
Combat is deep, with you being able to approach enemies in different ways
AI is awesome
Graphics are amazing
Story seems to be the most mysterious Zelda story yet
Items are amazing, such as putting objects in a time lock, and wailing it to put pressure on it in a single moment
There isn't that much VA
Bosses in the overworld are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom