• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild E3 Trailer/Discussion

Whelp, never mind. They just confirmed no partner character on stream - the only thing reminiscent of a partner character is Wolf Link, which can apparently join you using the amiibo from Twilight Princess HD.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'd like to see more. I didn't get blown away, but I am excited to see what else they reveal.
I like the part of the trailer where it showed Link wearing armour! Now that was cool to see but most of those features, like an abudence of flora and fauna, cooking food, setting up traps, etc have already been features in other games for year, as Alit pointed out. I am anxious to see how Zelda 'makes it its own'.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Take the uniqueness and intricacies of a Zelda game and place it in an open world... This is amazing. Zelda games for years have been amazing despite having limited overworlds, but now we're getting a fully open world can only bring more positives. I hate the idea that this is being seen as Zelda keeping up with the modern times. In my eyes Zelda has always been in its own time and is now making the move to create a better experience not because it has to.

Best game with Dishonoured 2 a close second.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Looks adventurous, but would like to see more sentient beings (people). Please Nintendo, get inspiration from (copy) OoT and have a Human, Zora, and Goron capital. Even though it is a beautiful world and all, I feel as if it can get boring really fast if there is hardly any people to talk to.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Looks adventurous, but would like to see more sentient beings (people). Please Nintendo, get inspiration from (copy) OoT and have a Human, Zora, and Goron capital. Even though it is a beautiful world and all, I feel as if it can get boring really fast if there is hardly any people to talk to.
Aonuma has confirmed that there are villages in the game and that there are people. It's confirmed as well, that they are connected to the world and story.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Wow... I haven't been back herre in, what, a year? The forums look all different now.

I found this on my facebook today (the trailer) and just.... Had to come to some kind of Zelda forum and gush.

OMG! OMG! This just looks like MY perfect game! As I said on my FB post about it, "It looks like Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess and Team ICO (ICO, Shadow of the Colossus) had a freakin' three-way baby!" A BEAUTIFL baby!

Now I'm really glad that the month of April didn't actually kill me.

Salem

SICK
Whelp, never mind. They just confirmed no partner character on stream - the only thing reminiscent of a partner character is Wolf Link, which can apparently join you using the amiibo from Twilight Princess HD.
When?

Dan

Aonuma has confirmed that there are villages in the game and that there are people. It's confirmed as well, that they are connected to the world and story.

That was kind of a given but it's still reassuring to hear. I hope the towns are huge.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
That was kind of a given but it's still reassuring to hear. I hope the towns are huge.

I hope some of the towns are huge, maybe three that are like city's (more if possible). Then their should be many decent sized villages and small groups of houses (like settlements). Each of these populated areas should be filled with detail and content regardless of their size.

Reactions: Dan
Sorry to double post, but I've gotta say - bombs look really different. They're going through a shrine that gives bombs on streams. You have unlimited access to bombs, and they don't explode on a timer - you choose when they detonate. It also looks like you have the ability to use bombs of different shapes (the people on stream mentioned spherical and square bombs). Definitely a little different.
If you know anything about Diablo 3, this is basically a copy and paste of the Diablo 3 rune system. That's not a bad thing. I quite like how they've done it in BotW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom