• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Dan

Okay, props for not naming names Deus but the reality is I was being a little careless when creating that drinking thread. I had just came home from a jog, naturally I was tired, hungry and hormonal, which aren't the best conditions to create a thread. In future I will be more careful.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I recently started using the Tingle theme, which is now my all time favourite. Only problem is the best segment of ZD looks awful under this theme.

6XHQYRd.png

Can we have a super duper mega theme fix on that. I want to host a sleepover soon. I plan on having my friends over and we're going to stay up all night reading ZD blogs. :)

These ones are still in the process of being fixed, since it is fine on the Dungeon theme at the moment one solution could be to force the dungeon theme for the blog section until we have the time to get around to it. So the blog section will always show with the dungeon theme and you won't have to bother switching between it.

Also would it be possible to bring back the old blogs? I would love to read old classics.

I don't think the plugin allows for an import of old blogs. If enough people saved their blogs before last time I'd be happy to let people post them back again with their old timestamp/dates.

How about making the pages longer or having an option to view more on one page for threads. Is this a possibility. I have suggested this before but we had a horrific incident recently where an almost identical topic was made to another just over a week after the most recent post in the first. So I think it's worth considering what can be done.

I have seen a plug-in around that shows similar threads before you create a new one. I'll look into this after my exam period as I'm focusing on them for now.

Reactions: Dio

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
These ones are still in the process of being fixed, since it is fine on the Dungeon theme at the moment one solution could be to force the dungeon theme for the blog section until we have the time to get around to it. So the blog section will always show with the dungeon theme and you won't have to bother switching between it.

I don't think the plugin allows for an import of old blogs. If enough people saved their blogs before last time I'd be happy to let people post them back again with their old timestamp/dates.

I have seen a plug-in around that shows similar threads before you create a new one. I'll look into this after my exam period as I'm focusing on them for now.
When we did the switch, we were not told blogs wouldn't survive so most people did not save their blogs. The only record of most of them is in the old archives saved from the move. When I asked about this immediately when the blogs were announced to not be coming back, after the move was done, I was told that Kitsu personally had the archive of the old blogs and no one else did. If that's still the case, there's no recovering it from him. If someone else got it since then, most of them would have to be recovered from that. Perhaps we can manually dump them somewhere else temporary, like pastebin or something like that. And let people restore them as they wish since direct importing isn't possible.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When we did the switch, we were not told blogs wouldn't survive so most people did not save their blogs. The only record of most of them is in the old archives saved from the move. When I asked about this immediately when the blogs were announced to not be coming back, after the move was done, I was told that Kitsu personally had the archive of the old blogs and no one else did. If that's still the case, there's no recovering it from him. If someone else got it since then, most of them would have to be recovered from that. Perhaps we can manually dump them somewhere else temporary, like pastebin or something like that. And let people restore them as they wish since direct importing isn't possible.

I am unaware of anyone else being in possession of it (or that Kitsu was either), I do have many of my own blogs saved somewhere in a word document from before they were removed (although this was long before I was admin so I have nobody else's. Perhaps someone who is still in contact with Kitsu can just ask him if he still has it? I think it is quite unfair to just assume that Kitsu would have them and hold them back out of spite without even asking him.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I can't recall if the blogs are saved anywhere, but I'd imagine if so, Kitsu would have them on record since he dumped the entire database. Most people don't have contact with Kitsu anymore, so someone other than myself would have to ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had them all.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
On that note, a direct import wouldn't be necessary. There's software we used to move the vB stuff over to xenforo, and that same software can probably be used to import the blogs. However, I'm not entirely sure about this.

In the past I requested to be purely tech staff as I want nothing to do with moderation and just want to make plugins and help the site, but for some undisclosed reason I'm not allowed to, even though I've never abused my powers in a way that would stop me from being allowed to. Can only imagine people either dislike me or a commanding figure said no, but who knows
:coolhecks:

Dan

I can't recall if the blogs are saved anywhere, but I'd imagine if so, Kitsu would have them on record since he dumped the entire database. Most people don't have contact with Kitsu anymore, so someone other than myself would have to ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had them all.

He does have old blogs. He is currently in a remote secret underground bunker with a laptop laughing at all of the old blogs.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
can we please remove the word cock from the shoutbox filter. It's not even a swear word and it makes talking about cockatoos and cocktails an irritating experience.

If someone wants to tall about phalluses they can still use the terms dong and Wang without censorship. They can also talk about mushroom tips. So please end this ridiculous censorship of the word cock in the SB.

I don't want any censorship but at least words like **** and **** don't form the beginning or part of any regularly used words. Cock however and even dick do though. Even the great Charles Dickens can't have his full name viewed in the SB without the first part of his surname blocked out by stupid stars.

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
can we please remove the word cock from the shoutbox filter. It's not even a swear word and it makes talking about cockatoos and cocktails an irritating experience.

If someone wants to tall about phalluses they can still use the terms dong and Wang without censorship. They can also talk about mushroom tips. So please end this ridiculous censorship of the word cock in the SB.

I don't want any censorship but at least words like **** and **** don't form the beginning or part of any regularly used words. Cock however and even dick do though. Even the great Charles Dickens can't have his full name viewed in the SB without the first part of his surname blocked out by stupid stars.
Just letting you know this has been brought up. I have literally just PMed Jimmy about this after viewing the ShoutBox conversation that went down and the word that Term was asking about last week in this thread.

Dan

I don't want any censorship but at least words like **** and **** don't form the beginning or part of any regularly used words. Cock however and even **** do though. Even the great Charles ****ens can't have his full name viewed in the SB without the first part of his surname blocked out by stupid stars.

Yeah well what about Dick Grayson!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom