• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sleeping or napping in the day

Do you tend to nap during the day

• yes

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • no

Votes: 22 52.4%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Some people seem to be able to nap or sleep during the day, but it is not something I do. I have trouble sleeping and for the act to occur the conditions must usually be just right.

I like it to be cool in temperature and very dark. So daytime is generally not conducive to a good sleep for me. Daytime napping is not something I do. I remember only one time I was able to do it and it was after a sleepless night.

So my question to you is, do you nap or sleep during the day, and does it come easy to you?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I only take daytime naps if I really need one, usually when I'm feeling worn-down and really sleep-deprived. A lot of people like to say it's bad for you to take naps during the day but it's actually good for you if you do it right. Generally what you wanna aim for is a 40-50 minute nap around 12:30-1:30 PM for the best results. Sleeping during the day later than 5 PM is bad for you, though.

Misty

Ronin
Do you wish you could nap during the morning and afternoon? Do you prefer cool & dark environments? Do you think it is completely impossible for you to sleep?

I used to be like you too. Then I found out about these nifty inventions called curtains and fans. Trust me, I haven't been an adventurer since.

Yes, I've been known to nap during the morning and afternoon from time to time. (My family claims I do so quite often, but I think that's a gross mischaracterization.) I often become fatigued during the khorne worshipping time of the month and thus I tend to spend much of the week taking naps or drinking copious amounts of tea if my schedule doesn't have room for naps.

I also have trouble sleeping unless it is very dark and cool. (Vampire much?) My room has three windows and faces the sun. So when I took it over after my mum went back upstairs, I got the most properly thick and long curtains I could. They literally look like those curtains people are always parting in movies to let light in dramatically. They block out most light and that which does filter through them is blocked out by me sleeping with a blanket over my head. (I'm weird. I like sleeping with a blanket over my head.)

Due to my father, I'm also a person who requires a fan noise to sleep. Luckily, fans also produce air so that usually cools me off quite well. But air conditioning is also another step during the summer.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Do you wish you could nap during the morning and afternoon? Do you prefer cool & dark environments? Do you think it is completely impossible for you to sleep?

I used to be like you too. Then I found out about these nifty inventions called curtains and fans. Trust me, I haven't been an adventurer since.

Yes, I've been known to nap during the morning and afternoon from time to time. (My family claims I do so quite often, but I think that's a gross mischaracterization.) I often become fatigued during the khorne worshipping time of the month and thus I tend to spend much of the week taking naps or drinking copious amounts of tea if my schedule doesn't have room for naps.

I also have trouble sleeping unless it is very dark and cool. (Vampire much?) My room has three windows and faces the sun. So when I took it over after my mum went back upstairs, I got the most properly thick and long curtains I could. They literally look like those curtains people are always parting in movies to let light in dramatically. They block out most light and that which does filter through them is blocked out by me sleeping with a blanket over my head. (I'm weird. I like sleeping with a blanket over my head.)

Due to my father, I'm also a person who requires a fan noise to sleep. Luckily, fans also produce air so that usually cools me off quite well. But air conditioning is also another step during the summer.

My rooms front wall is glass which faces the sun during the first half of the day. Even with blackout curtains which I insist upon, the light seems to find a way in during the daytime.

I can't possibly sleep with a blanket over my head as it makes my face too hot. I don't like eye masks as they irritate me also.

I do utilise the fan when it gets too hot. It's actually that time of the year again when the temperature is a bit much for me.

I'll probably just stick to my night time sleeping, as it's not like I even have time to sleep in the day anyway.

Dan

I think it was in my teens where I began to put my blanket over my head. It's now how I sleep every night which many people comment as weird but I just couldn't sleep any other way. If I ever need to take a nap during the day I have no problem doing so because of this.
Ultimately I do not nap during the day as I get plenty of rest during the night.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I have never in my life been able to nap. I've been exhausted before, but I feel like I should be active during the day and it feels weird to nap while other people around me are being productive.

Misty

Ronin
My rooms front wall is glass which faces the sun during the first half of the day. Even with blackout curtains which I insist upon, the light seems to find a way in during the daytime.
Duck tape can fix this.

Misty

Ronin
Well I guess now you know.
I dunno, a lot of people who cannot paint often suggest painting. (I learned this from my stint playing 40k and Fantasy and talking to home depo clerks.) But benefit of the doubt you can.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I dunno, a lot of people who cannot paint often suggest painting. (I learned this from my stint playing 40k and Fantasy and talking to home depo clerks.) But benefit of the doubt you can.
I actually used to paint the Lord of the rings version but I only ever played the game once or twice. I just used to like the actual painting bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom