• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dollhouse mafia: Did that thing just stare back?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Thanks.
I think this goes without saying if you're the puppet master, don't kill to just kill. Make sure you have a solid read because a bad kill, especially later in the game, could lose the game for us. I'm not saying don't make a kill at all, but rather you owe it to the town to make the best and most informed decision.
Most of us now this, but that's directed mostly to our newer players who have never held a vig-like role.
Typically, unlimited shot vigs should shoot every night. But if you are new and can't make a good read, it's okay to holster, especially in a game this small where every death matters, and where mafia don't get a free kill every night (meaning a townie puppet master doesn't have to make up for the mafia kill by killing on their own).

I can buy into the no RVS, but do we really want to end this day lynch less? We could show up on day 2 with no lynch and no nk lol

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
mod notice:
I noticed I forgot one rule in the opening post. I will add it now, but also state it here for those that may otherwise not see it:

When there is a chance that the game will be finished in the consecutive day (night in mafia terms), no puppet master will be chosen. This is an indication of lylo or pre-lylo.

Mido

Version 1
Still seems like there will be a nightly kill though. That means mislynch + NK would give us 3 days till Mylo... doesn't sound bad. Just debating on whether the game is too small to rvs or not, I think with the fact that anyone can get the killing ability it makes I safer to rvs since we can kill scum during the night.

I'm actually not sure a nightly kill is even present for the mafia, since kokirion also mentioned that the mafia is rendered vanilla as well. The puppet master seems to be the only one able to act in this scenario regarding kills.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Vote:Mido

Revenge vorte, obvi scum.

Thanks.
I think this goes without saying if you're the puppet master, don't kill to just kill. Make sure you have a solid read because a bad kill, especially later in the game, could lose the game for us. I'm not saying don't make a kill at all, but rather you owe it to the town to make the best and most informed decision.
Most of us now this, but that's directed mostly to our newer players who have never held a vig-like role.

Agreed.

I'm actually not sure a nightly kill is even present for the mafia, since kokirion also mentioned that the mafia is rendered vanilla as well. The puppet master seems to be the only one able to act in this scenario regarding kills.

Vanilla mafia usually still have a factional kill.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Tell me when RVS is over. This **** gets old and i die every tiem
We'll considering most of us are already on board with no rvs, I'd suggest you come back. We've got a lot to discuss here.

Anyway, I doubt that mafia would only be able to kill if they are a puppet master. All that needs to happen is town member don't kill and claim they were puppet master the next day, and that would force mafia to never use a night kill to seem town as well. That would be heavily in town side and kinda goes against the design of the game. So to repeat what viral said, be careful if you get puppet master and are town because it's very likely mafia still gets their factional kill.

Mido

Version 1
Vanilla mafia usually still have a factional kill.

You may be right on that; however, given that there seems to be a very prominent focus on the puppet master role, it could very well be possible that no alignment harbors a killing role, whether vigilante or mafia kill. Come to think of it, I may have misread Jamie's post:

I think with the fact that anyone can get the killing ability it makes I safer to rvs since we can kill scum during the night.

This particular snippet of the post seems to reinforce the notion that all power belongs to the master of puppets.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
This particular snippet of the post seems to reinforce the notion that all power belongs to the master of puppets.
Yes, but that post was by Jamie, who was guessing about the killing roles. Not Koki, the mod. If Koki had set that I'd believe him, but Jamie's just as in the dark as we are.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
From what i gather from the OP:
-person at random gets chosen to be God
-God says this person kills this person and this person defends this person
-results may vary depending on what the person can do.

Lets say for example:
Viral is Puppetmaster. He suspects Deku of being scum so he sends Jamie to kill him. But he wants to be safe in case of bullshittery so he gets L74 to protect him.

Mido

Version 1
Yes, but that post was by Jamie, who was guessing about the killing roles. Not Koki, the mod. If Koki had set that I'd believe him, but Jamie's just as in the dark as we are.

Good point. It seems kokirion does imply this as well, though:

Basically, everyone in this game is vanilla, even the mafia. There are no vigs, docs, cops or whatever in this game.
The night will not be quiet however. Every day and night, one player becomes the puppet master. This player is randomly chosen (it is partially turn-based, meaning that everyone will have been puppet master once before a person becomes puppet master a second time. However, the order in which the following puppet master will be chosen is that the list of living players that have not yet been puppet master will be randomized.

The randomized scenario potentially indicates at the mafia also receiving a chance at the reins of puppet master. If the mafia had their nightly kill function in conjunction with the former skill, the balance of the game may seem unbalanced.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Of course after me saying that. I wonder if GF gets to be a puppetmaster too

Unvote

I would rather not the puppet master holster early if they are town, but if they are really unsure of themselves, that's fine. Generally, going for an inactive or whoever appears most scummy is the best course of action.

What I find the hardest part of the game is deciding who to protect, since the protection occurs a night (day using this game's terminology) after the kill. If two people are being pressured, I'd say protect the one less likely to have already been targeted for death previously, unless that person is openly scummy.

Also, do you guys think the reversed day and night terminology has any significance?

Mido

Version 1
It probably doesn't. Same thing happened in Viral's Nightmare game. It's just for flavor.

I'm thinking the same thing.

What I find the hardest part of the game is deciding who to protect, since the protection occurs a night (day using this game's terminology) after the kill. If two people are being pressured, I'd say protect the one less likely to have already been targeted for death previously, unless that person is openly scummy.

This is indeed a puzzling mechanic. Based on what we can gather thus far, if the puppet master decides to kill during our first day, the kill cannot be stopped, proving for an open-season sort of operation. It's a tough gamble. As for the protection, especially on this first go-round, anticipatory thinking needs to be taken into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom