• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

If you're saying that muslims get less hate than christians or jews in this country I think you need to seriously take a look at the world around you buddy. Like Donald Trump and the dumbasses who support him (and a lot of other right wingers you see it a lot with them as well) is pretty much all you need to look at to see this. They're only the tip of the iceberg, too.

I get what you're trying to say, but it's a gross misinterpretation of the situation at best and a heaping pile of ignorance at worst. (Not calling you ignorant btw, I'm referring to the idea that there's a "war on christianity" that idiots like fox news love to blab about).
I'm not saying they don't get more hate, I just think it's ironic that people say things like "well Christians shouldn't eat shrimp because it calls shrimp blasphemous in the bible so CHECKMATE CHRISTIANS!" Yet I believe in the Quran it says that dogs are scum of the earth and shouldn't be respected, but it's totally cool for a practicer of the Muslim faith to own a dog. (And trust me, I'm not trying to call you ignorant either, a healthy debate is good for a change.)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
You don't want me in that discussion, having a muslim best friend and a mother whos extremely islamophobic has made me extremely passionate about defending my friend's religion to the death I guarantee you **** will go down son
Not just relating to Islam. I mean as a whole the values of Abrahamic religions and how they are represented today as a whole. If anything we'd need someone with more knowledge into Islam, and, while you're not Muslim yourself (from the sound of things), you probably know more than us on topic.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm not saying they don't get more hate, I just think it's ironic that people say things like "well Christians shouldn't eat shrimp because it calls shrimp blasphemous in the bible so CHECKMATE CHRISTIANS!" Yet I believe in the Quran it says that dogs are scum of the earth and shouldn't be respected, but it's totally cool for a practicer of the Muslim faith to own a dog. (And trust me, I'm not trying to call you ignorant either, a healthy debate is good for a change.)
You know that people who say those things are using it as a joke right? Things like "the bible says you cant wear shirts made with two different kinds of fabric is a sin!" is just so silly it's easy to use as light humor. I mean come on, the bible is old there's tons of silly things like that in it. Calling something like that outright hate or slander or whatever you seem to be implying in your post is a little extra imo.

And muslims can have dogs as guard animals for their homes and its totally cool in their religion, so what you are saying isn't 100% accurate. Just as an fyi.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Not just relating to Islam. I mean as a whole the values of Abrahamic religions and how they are represented today as a whole. If anything we'd need someone with more knowledge into Islam, and, while you're not Muslim yourself (from the sound of things), you probably know more than us on topic.
I can't claim to know a LOT ofc I just know the random things my friend has told me about it and some other info pooled from various sources, so my knowledge is pretty scattered lol.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Yet I believe in the Quran it says that dogs are scum of the earth and shouldn't be respected

Where did you hear this? There is no mention in the Quran that dogs should be mistreated. There is a belief that a dog's saliva is considered impure, and you should wash yourself if you get licked by one. However, there have been several hadith (sayings of the prophet Muhammad pbuh) that recount acts of kindness towards canines. I can tell you some if you'd like. Islam is not a religion that practices animal cruelty.

:)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well then I guess we can pick several of these that Jewish people break as well
http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm
Let's not be too hasty to discriminate

If you are breaking religious law you are offending whatever God you believe in at the end of the day. I don't really mind if people want to do that but it is then hypocritical of them to have a go at others for breaking other religious laws when they have chosen to break some themselves.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Welp im steadily losing it. I told myself i was jaded, that i would never get hypes....and now im hyped for zelda ux and yooka laulee. Ahhh video games stoop

Thief_in_the_Night.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom