• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
What doesn't make sense to me is why a Christian should use the Torah when the Torah is the Jewish bible
Yeah... Um...
Hate to break it to you, but Christianity is the same religion as Judaism.
The only difference is that Christains believe that Jesus was a son of God and is our chance at salvation. Jews only believed that Jesus was a prophet.

The Torah and the Bible are literally the same stories, same God, same Angels, same creation, same author. The only difference is that the New Testament was added.

On a funny note. Christians are not allowed to eat pork just like the Jews aren't. It goes against the word of the Bible. It's funny that this never comes up with the state of "Christain Reverence" and "following the word of God".

Reactions: Dio

Feverish

Source of stink
Because the Torah is what you call the Old Testament. You can use it AND a separate version of the New Testament. Also, the original versions of the New Testament was probably written in Hebrew (I was referring to the first Christian Bible in my post) though I can't confirm that. Either Hebrew or Latin.
Oh I thought you guys were saying to convert to Judaism oof

Feverish

Source of stink
Yeah... Um...
Hate to break it to you, but Christianity is the same religion as Judaism.
The only difference is that Christains believe that Jesus was a son of God and is our chance at salvation. Jews only believed that Jesus was a prophet.

The Torah and the Bible are literally the same stories, same God, same Angels, same creation, same author. The only difference is that the New Testament was added.

On a funny note. Christians are not allowed to eat pork just like the Jews aren't. It goes against the word of the Bible. It's funny that this never comes up with the state of "Christain Reverence" and "following the word of God".
Isn't there also not wearing mixed fabrics and stuff that basically makes women just for house and children? And is that so for both religions or just Christians?

Feverish

Source of stink

Gods people were the Jews back then so yes it definitely is for both.
Well then I guess we can pick several of these that Jewish people break as well
http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm
Let's not be too hasty to discriminate

Feverish

Source of stink
What

Please for the love of god don't even start with that I get enough islamophobia from my mom I don't need to see it here too.
My thing about that is I hate islamophobia, but I hate anti christian and anti Jewish anti any religion... except satanism. Nobody needs to be against a religion (except for satanism)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My thing about that is I hate islamophobia, but I hate anti christian and anti Jewish anti any religion... except satanism. Nobody needs to be against a religion (except for satanism)
Hey don't diss @Satan he's a cool dude :ananger:

But in all seriousness, it's fine to dislike religion and to be against it. The problem is when you throw the people who practice it under the bus, too. That ain't cool.

What

Please for the love of god don't even start with that I get enough islamophobia from my mom I don't need to see it here too.
I have nothing against people of the Muslim faith, I'm friends with many, I just see a bit of a double standard when people compare Jews/Christians and how much hate they get vs. the hate that Muslims get. Recently, it's been kind of the norm to base all of their actions. It's OUR fault that the small percentage of radical extremists are endangering the lives of citizens, but we should still feel guilty for the Holy Wars that we had no part in.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
3a9169522dda9109e4745dfecc5e7708.jpg

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have nothing against people of the Muslim faith, I'm friends with many, I just see a bit of a double standard when people compare Jews/Christians and how much hate they get vs. the hate that Muslims get. Recently, it's been kind of the norm to say base all of their actions. It's OUR fault that the small percentage of radical extremists are endangering the lives of citizens, but we should still feel guilty for the Holy Wars that we had no part in.
If you're saying that muslims get less hate than christians or jews in this country I think you need to seriously take a look at the world around you buddy. Like Donald Trump and the dumbasses who support him (and a lot of other right wingers you see it a lot with them as well) is pretty much all you need to look at to see this. They're only the tip of the iceberg, too.

I get what you're trying to say, but it's a gross misinterpretation of the situation at best and a heaping pile of ignorance at worst. (Not calling you ignorant btw, I'm referring to the idea that there's a "war on christianity" that idiots like fox news love to blab about).

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well then I guess we can pick several of these that Jewish people break as well
http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm
Let's not be too hasty to discriminate
We're not saying anybody's perfect. We're just pointing out the similarities.

Actually, if you looked into Satanism, you'd be surprised what actual Satanism is about. I know that Chrstian teachings have very specific views on Satanism, but just study it sometime. Not to convert or anything, but just to understand it.

Anyways, since this seems to be its own topic that's veering away from the thread, how about somebody make a discussion about this in the MD, eh?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Anyways, since this seems to be its own topic that's veering away from the thread, how about somebody make a discussion about this in the MD, eh?
You don't want me in that discussion, having a muslim best friend and a mother whos extremely islamophobic has made me extremely passionate about defending my friend's religion to the death I guarantee you **** will go down son

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom