• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Misty

Ronin

Oh disney, having your villain song be about a judge's lust for a woman and desire to hanky panky her that exactly mirrors ye olde argument about priests and lust. OH YOU!

1989, chocolate, and feeling self-satisfied and not anxious for maybe the first time...well it's awhile. YAY ^_^

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Why would you conplain if heat if it is literally (not figuratively) your domain?
I mean... Technically it isn't... The original bible does not really mention a place known as hell in barely any capacity, and never was it truly said to be a place of fire in Brimstone. These were just changed in the King James Version of the Bible so that he can manipulate people and scare them.

Feverish

Source of stink
I mean... Technically it isn't... The original bible does not really mention a place known as hell in barely any capacity, and never was it truly said to be a place of fire in Brimstone. These were just changed in the King James Version of the Bible so that he can manipulate people and scare them.
Not exactly true, I did just a small amount of searching and found a part of a verse. The person who wrote the article talked a bit about it.
upload_2016-5-26_16-20-32.png
Also I found out that no one actually has the original bible. Can it really be said that the original bible didn't have or had something when no one can truly back it up?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Not exactly true, I did just a small amount of searching and found a part of a verse. The person who wrote the article talked a bit about it.
View attachment 37589
Also I found out that no one actually has the original bible. Can it really be said that the original bible didn't have or had something when no one can truly back it up?
That still can be considered a mistranslation as well.

The original bible is referring to the Hebrew bible. The Torah.

Believe it or not, but Christains and Jews have the exact same religion, with the exception of the New Testament.

Furthermore, the New Testament has been mistranslated multiple times. For example, during that time, there literally was not even a word to refer to homosexual people. The closest thing we can get is the original Hebrew text of the New Testament.

Now, we have absolutely no idea what the true intent of those words are as well. We are from a different time period, so things such as phrases may not be taken literally. For example, when we say something is "under heat", that does not mean that they are under a flame, merely that they are under pressure.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Only 8 more weapons left to get on twilight map, not a bad map i gotta admit, the only irritants is the random portalling (you can't see where you're going if it's to far away) and the random curveballs.

Feverish

Source of stink
That still can be considered a mistranslation as well.

The original bible is referring to the Hebrew bible. The Torah.

Believe it or not, but Christains and Jews have the exact same religion, with the exception of the New Testament.

Furthermore, the New Testament has been mistranslated multiple times. For example, during that time, there literally was not even a word to refer to homosexual people. The closest thing we can get is the original Hebrew text of the New Testament.

Now, we have absolutely no idea what the true intent of those words are as well. We are from a different time period, so things such as phrases may not be taken literally. For example, when we say something is "under heat", that does not mean that they are under a flame, merely that they are under pressure.
Yeah, and mistranslation can be placed upon many many things. To prevent that it's best for Christians to simply use the King James version.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Yeah, and mistranslation can be placed upon many many things. To prevent that it's best for Christians to simply use the King James version.
"So, to protect ourselves from mistranslations, we are going to use the Bible that is most mistranslated!"

Really, this does not make any sense at all.

Feverish

Source of stink
"So, to protect ourselves from mistranslations, we are going to use the Bible that is most mistranslated!"

Really, this does not make any sense at all.
What doesn't make sense to me is why a Christian should use the Torah when the Torah is the Jewish bible

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
What doesn't make sense to me is why a Christian should use the Torah when the Torah is the Jewish bible
Because the Torah is what you call the Old Testament. You can use it AND a separate version of the New Testament. Also, the original versions of the New Testament was probably written in Hebrew (I was referring to the first Christian Bible in my post) though I can't confirm that. Either Hebrew or Latin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom