• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Death battle Link vs Cloud Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake, but you still can't deny that he's using the Power Bracelets, he's not just using his bare strength. And like I mentioned, Cloud is a super soldier; he could cut clean through any rock thrown at him.

Actually I can deny it, since where is the strength feat of cloud with physical strength? Slicing rocks resides with the word power, not strength. Link is all strength, 5 full grown men can barely tilt a single ton, heres 4 12 year old links moving another 100 ton object:
zelda_lttp-4b.jpg

Base link can throw dangoro a 17 feet tall 10 ton rock goron:
latest

Theres nothing on clouds physical strength, or else show it...

Not to mention Cloud clearly has better hand eye coordination and weight distribution considering he can balance the Buster Sword in battle one handed like a champ, but Link must start his swing with the Biggoron's Sword two handed so he can better distribute the weight, leaving him at a disadvantage.

Actually I can deny it, since where is the strength feat of cloud with physical strength? Slicing rocks resides with the word power, not strength. Link is all strength, 5 full grown men can barely tilt a single ton, heres 4 12 year old links moving another 100 ton object:
zelda_lttp-4b.jpg

Base link can throw dangoro a 17 feet tall 10 ton rock goron:
latest

Theres nothing on clouds physical strength, or else show it...
Why are you so strung on Cloud's physical strength? The only reason Link could even pick him up is because he could firmly plant his feet (still defying every law of physic, considering Link should have been completely separated from his legs based on how far he's pushed back when a goron actually hurts him.) Take, for example, his battle with Mayor Bo; Bo could defeat him, and vice versa. Does that mean Bo has super strength as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is absolutely no way Link would touch Cloud in his prime. Wouldn't even be close. Cloud survives this:

And this:
https://youtu.be/9xotiaPXTpI?t=392

Dude would straight up shred Link into pieces in his sleep.

Also, that death battle crap is garbage, Masterchief beating Doom guy? LOL!!!! What a joke! Doom guy single handedly destroyed all of hell by himself. Just a little tidbit.
MiuQypq.jpg

lol if that happened the game would have ended, via no planet, thats no different than freizas super nova, which isnt the real deal. Even if some miracle a planet busting level attack were to fall upon link, link has:

Staff of byrna
Ring from the animated series
Magic cape
Nayrus love

ECT

Cutting falling debris? How about cutting an astroid size moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP59DnjlMUU

lol if that happened the game would have ended, via no planet, thats no different than freizas super nova, which isnt the real deal. Even if some miracle a planet busting level attack were to fall upon link, link has:

Staff of byrna
Ring from the animated series
Magic cape
Nayrus love

ECT

Cutting falling debris? How about cutting an astroid size moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP59DnjlMUU
The ring from the animated series is non canon, as well as the Fierce Deity's moon slicing abilities in Hyrule Warriors... if it's not on the timeline, it's not canon.

Why are you so strung on Cloud's physical strength? The only reason Link could even pick him up is because he could firmly plant his feet (still defying every law of physic, considering Link should have been completely separated from his legs based on how far he's pushed back when a goron actually hurts him.) Take, for example, his battle with Mayor Bo; Bo could defeat him, and vice versa. Does that mean Bo has super strength as well?

Because its a factor.

What makes superman beat most superheros? Because his powers is diverse, unlike hulk who relys more on physical strength.

Cloud is a one trick pony, relys everything on his sword, even all materia again summons can easily be countered with any of links mask:

Ramuh, infrit = No effect on goron rock base form who can tank lava
Leviathan = Zoras mask can swim through tidal waves with an impenetrable aura
Kights of the round alexander, bahumat = no effect through naryus love.

Link has a whole arsenal backing him, cloud only has a sword. How can you say a person with only one power set can beat someone with over a 100?

The ring from the animated series is non canon, as well as the Fierce Deity's moon slicing abilities in Hyrule Warriors... if it's not on the timeline, it's not canon.

Says who? In that case cloud cant run past 5 mph, an jump 3 feet high in the game, you cant cherry pick what you like from each composite and add in canon as an excuse, since there isnt any real timeline to zelda. Nor does cloud use any materia in his own canon verse anyway.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Manga isn't exactly canon, same with Hyrule Warriors.

I get it sucks to admit, but both Cloud and Sora are stronger than Link, composite or not. Link is really strong, but Sora has been shown to be able to cut through buildings with a single swing. If Link used his super strength you claim he has to throw a 10,000 ton pillar, Sora could cut it clean in two.
Here's the thing though. Link doesn't have to.

Over the course of the Zelda Series, there has never been a hit that Link could not block with proper timing. He can simply absorb any hit that came at him.

**** it. As a child, this little badass completely absorbed hits from giant falling volcano debris with just a Hylian shield on his back. So Sora would just not be able to hurt link in his prime.

There is absolutely no way Link would touch Cloud in his prime. Wouldn't even be close. Cloud survives this:

And this:
https://youtu.be/9xotiaPXTpI?t=392

Dude would straight up shred Link into pieces in his sleep.

Also, that death battle crap is garbage, Masterchief beating Doom guy? LOL!!!! What a joke! Doom guy single handedly destroyed all of hell by himself. Just a little tidbit.
MiuQypq.jpg

You are forgetting that Death Battle didn't even show Link at his finest either. I mean, Link has items that literally make him untouchable. Goron Link would crush cloud. Fierce Diety it would not even be a fair fight. Zora Link can easily simply drown cloud if he was near the water.

Link also has an item that not only makes him invincible, but also does a ton of damage.

Here's the kicker though. At full strength, if Link somehow was close to losing. He could just go back from time and retry, simply warp out of the fight.

Link has also proven that he is way more versatile than Cloud. Link has many strategies that Cloud simply has not. Cloud just wacks stuff. Link forms a strategy to take care of any enemy and exploit his enemy's weak points. Cloud has never done this, nor will he ever. This in itself gives Link an even bigger edge than before.

Not to mention Cloud clearly has better hand eye coordination and weight distribution considering he can balance the Buster Sword in battle one handed like a champ, but Link must start his swing with the Biggoron's Sword two handed so he can better distribute the weight, leaving him at a disadvantage.
Why would Link ever want to use a big sword against Cloud?
Link is all about defense. Link can quite literally block all of Cloud's attacks, while Cloud gets hit by attacks 95% of the time in FFVll. Cloud has no respect for defense. But that is his downfall.

Because its a factor.

What makes superman beat most superheros? Because his powers is diverse, unlike hulk who relys more oh physical strength.

Cloud is a one rick pony, relys everything on his sword, even all materia again summons can easily be countered with any of links mask:

1.) Ramuh, infrit = No effect on goron rock base form who can tank lava
2.)Leviathan = Zoras mask can swim through tidal waves with an impenetrable aura
3.)Kights of the round alexander, bahumat = no effect through naryus love.

Link has a whole arsenal backing him, cloud only has a sword. How can you say a person with only one power set can beat someone with over a 100?

1.) Goron Link can still clearly take damage from fire enemies, which is clear from enemies like Fire Keese and Dodongos.
2.) Zora Link really can't, considering he can be swept away by currents (rather pathetically, I might add.)
3.) Nayru's Love only lasts for a set amount of time.

Says who? In that case cloud cant run past 5 mph, an jump 3 feet high in the game, you cant cherry pick what you like from each composite and add in canon as an excuse, since there isnt any real timeline to zelda. Nor does cloud use any materia in his own canon verse anyway.
You've...

kind of lost your own argument by not even basing it off canon facts.

A 100 pound sword? Makes him stronger than link lifting 100 ton objects? Long swords regardless how heavy or light are made to be wielded with two hands, and buster sword? How about this sword which is twice as big:
1038.jpg

If you down play links 100 ton feats with the power braclelt, then the only way cloud is lifting the sword is with a added soldier serum that made him strong, like captain america, take that away and whats cloud? Nothing, take away the bracelet or power gloves and link still casually lifts 10 ton objects

the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-13.png

So the only thing cloud supporters can do is...try...an down play link, yet a down played cloud is more over a joke.

Here's the thing though. Link doesn't have to.

1.) Over the course of the Zelda Series, there has never been a hit that Link could not block with proper timing. He can simply absorb any hit that came at him.

2.) **** it. As a child, this little badass completely absorbed hits from giant falling volcano debris with just a sword on his back. So Sora would just not be able to hurt link in his prime.

3.) You are forgetting that Death Battle didn't even show Link at his finest either. I mean, Link has items that literally make him untouchable. Goron Link would crush cloud. Fierce Diety it would not even be a fair fight. Zora Link can easily simply drown cloud if he was near the water.

Link also has an item that not only makes him invincible, but also does a ton of damage.

4.) Here's the kicker though. At full strength, if Link somehow was close to losing. He could just go back from time and retry, simply warp out of the fight.

5.) Link has also proven that he is way more versatile than Cloud. Link has many strategies that Cloud simply has not. Cloud just wacks stuff. Link forms a strategy to take care of any enemy and exploit his enemy's weak points. Cloud has never done this, nor will he ever. This in itself gives Link an even bigger edge than before.

Why would Link ever want to use a big sword against Cloud?
6.) Link is all about defense. Link can quite literally block all of Cloud's attacks, while Cloud gets hit by attacks 95% of the time in FFVll. Cloud has no respect for defense. But that is his downfall.
1.) I can think of several moments where Link couldn't block an attack...

2.) Sora is all about magic; magic and strength are two completely different things. Imagine Superman vs Voldemort. Superman is crazy strong and powerful, yes, but if Voldemort used Avada Kedavra, Superman would be kissing his Kryptonian ass goodbye.
3.) Kind of goes against my point, but Fierce Deity Link isn't the strongest incarnation. And considering what Cloud has done, I'm pretty sure he could break through rock and escape a Zora's grip.
4.) I still find this point pathetic; I could say Cloud could just use Teleport/Escape/Exit/Escapor and come back to fight another day.
5.) This point has truth to it.
6.) But think about all the times Link has been staggered by an attack, deflected or not; Link isn't perfect either, you know.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Says who?
With Hyrule Warriors, there is a link between the two, but it exists as a separate dimension, so it doesn't exist as part of the main canon."
— Eiji Aonuma
since there isnt any real timeline to zelda.
Yes. Yes there is a timeline for the Zelda series.

Also how are people figuring out these weights?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
1.) Goron Link can still clearly take damage from fire enemies, which is clear from enemies like Fire Keese and Dodongos.
2.) Zora Link really can't, considering he can be swept away by currents (rather pathetically, I might add.)
1: incorrect. If you curl up as a Goron using the shield button. You are protected from all attacks, especially fire based ones.
2: getting swept away is not the same thing as taking damage. You can sweep link all you want in water. It's still not going to do anything. He's not going to take any amount of damage.
3. Materia summons also last for a limited amount of time, and also, Materia summons take a ton of MP. Link can easily get ahold of some Chateu Romani and have unlimited magic.

Not when the goron link is blocking with the rocks on his back in the game, not even the giant keg bomb effects goron link when he lays on the ground only exposing his rock shield back, didnt you play the game?

Zora link? Do you know how fast he swims in the game? He also has a blue glowing shield as well in the zora form.
Nayrus love, staff of byrna, magic armor, infinite magic for 3 days due to the magic milk? C'mon, no need to make up stuff, cloud bleeds in advent children from a 2 inch sword.
and swept away by a tidal wave?

Doesn't link have the iron boots with the ble tunic to base him and breath under water?

1: incorrect. If you curl up as a Goron using the shield button. You are protected from all attacks, especially fire based ones.
2: getting swept away is not the same thing as taking damage. You can sweep link all you want in water. It's still not going to do anything. He's not going to take any amount of damage.
3. Materia summons also last for a limited amount of time, and also, Materia summons take a ton of MP. Link can easily get ahold of some Chateu Romani and have unlimited magic.
1.) What exactly can he do winning by protecting? The only thing I can think of is him possibly rolling forever in his spikey Goron form by using Chateau Romani, but it'd be near impossible to not hit a wall and have to restart at least once.
2.) Fair.
3.) Nayru's Love only lasts for a finite amount of time before it has to be reused, giving a clear amount of time to attack.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
1.) I can think of several moments where Link couldn't block an attack...

2.) Sora is all about magic; magic and strength are two completely different things. Imagine Superman vs Voldemort. Superman is crazy strong and powerful, yes, but if Voldemort used Avada Kedavra, Superman would be kissing his Kryptonian ass goodbye.
3.) Kind of goes against my point, but Fierce Deity Link isn't the strongest incarnation. And considering what Cloud has done, I'm pretty sure he could break through rock and escape a Zora's grip.
4.) I still find this point pathetic; I could say Cloud could just use Teleport/Escape/Exit/Escapor and come back to fight another day.
5.) This point has truth to it.
6.) But think about all the times Link has been staggered by an attack, deflected or not; Link isn't perfect either, you know.
1.) oh really? When? There are literally a whole sub-species of Zelda speed runs that the whole point is to only take 3 hearts of damage. Cloud is going to get hit no matter what.
2. Link is all about magic too. And in many cases in invulnerable. for everything that the Hylian shield can't block, he can deflect with his master sword.
3. No one has ever been able to kill a Goron, like ever. They are quite literally unbreakable. A Goron has literally been encased in Lava, shot up millions of miles away to Zora's Domain, and is completely unscathed. Have you ever tried to escape something underwater though? Normal physics simply don't work. Cloud is at 1/6 of his strength underwater while Zora Link is at full strength, and can push blocks that are about a ton in weight.
1.) What exactly can he do winning by protecting? The only thing I can think of is him possibly rolling forever in his spikey Goron form by using Chateau Romani, but it'd be near impossible to not hit a wall and have to restart at least once.
2.) Fair.
3.) Nayru's Love only lasts for a finite amount of time before it has to be reused, giving a clear amount of time to attack.
Have you never played MM? Press R in Goron form. You know, the shield button? You are invincible to all attacks, which takes care of Clouds Summons, which only last for small bursts of time.

Materia magic also has a finite time to be used. Link can easily take care of Cloud once Materia Magic is taken care of.

1.)Not when the goron link is blocking with the rocks on his back in the game, not even the giant keg bomb effects goron link when he lays on the ground only exposing his rock shield back, didnt you play the game?

2.) Zora link? Do you know how fast he swims in the game? He also has a blue glowing shield as well in the zora form.
3.) Nayrus love, staff of byrna, magic armor, infinite magic for 3 days due to the magic milk?
4.) C'mon, no need to make up stuff,
5.) cloud bleeds in advent children from a 2 inch sword.
1.) If you're going to try to win through insults, it's not even worth arguing with you. Not to mention, check my previous post on the flaws with this.
2.) Take the currents in Great Bay Temple or the Stone Tower Temple, for example. They can clearly prevent you from swimming any further in a set direction and can control you. The shield really didn't do anything for this either.
3.) Nayru's Love, like I said, is on a timer. **Cane of Byrna hinders Link from using certain Sword techniques. Magic Armor in WWHD (which is now the updated and canon version) also runs on rupees, meaning that if he's out of rupees, Chateau Romani is useless.
4.) Yeah, I'm the one making stuff up, lets just ignore your crazy estimates for how much rocks in Zelda weigh...
5.) Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom