• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What phrases would you ban?

Dan

Hey forum dwellers recently I was buying some cookies from a shop. I was at the counter and by accident dropped the cookies on the floor. A rather large woman said loudly "For crying out loud" and took my place at the counter. An old guy said "Excuse me, but that young gentlemen was about to purchase those cookies". The large woman ignored the old man and asked for some scratch cards and lottery tickets. I'm not going to lie forum dwellers but I cannot stand it when people purchase these tickets as they take so long to process.

The old man who was accompanied by his grandson told his little follower "you see that Bobby, that's today's society no respect for anyone". The woman immediately turned around and shouted "At the end of the day m8 I'm here to purchase my goods and go, so stop your whining". The store clerk said "To be fair, this won't take long". I also overheard a parrot say the words "Let me be perfectly clear, I'm a goose".

I'm really sick of all these over used phrases like the ones above, to be fair... At the end of the day, they are very annoying and people overuse them too much!

Saying that... I'm bi-curious, which phrases would you ban?

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with any of these to be honest, but maybe living in Germany, I don't hear them as often as you do.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
>I'm not your dude
>don't What's Up me
>EXCUSE ME?!?!

Can't stand the kids who go "I'm not your dude" or "I'm not your bro" like nigga, I didn't say you were my dude. I said, sup dude?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
"I'm not your dude" or "I'm not your bro"
zchmMPc.png
66585_0
3Mbg9sd.png

I don't believe any phrases should be banned, but I do think it should be more of an etiquette thing

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
I wouldn't ban anything because I respect people's freedom of speech, even if I disagree with what they are saying and I expect them to have the same respect for me.

MW7

I wouldn't ban anything, but there are two phrases that never fail to annoy me.

"I'm not 'blank,' but..." Fill in the blank with racist, homophobic, close-minded or any similar word, and then there's a great chance you will immediately provide evidence to the contrary of the first part of the phrase. This isn't a conservative only thing either. Look how bad this sounds - "I'm not prejudiced, but all Southerners are vicious bigots." Do everyone a favor and stay away from that sentence structure and phrasing.

"There's nothing funny about 'blank.'" This is taken directly from Daniel Tosh's last stand up special. All this phrase does is attempt to limit other people's freedom of speech and be a buzzkill. It's possible to be a kind person and laugh at tasteless jokes. All that is required is an ability to separate reality and fiction. Everyone experiences pain in different ways and has different subjects that are off limits for them. You don't have to find anything funny, but please don't ruin other people's fun as well.

Reactions: Dan

Misty

Ronin
^There are no bad phrases, only poor times to say them, poor deliveries, or poor speakers of said phrases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom