• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you still friends with people you went to school with?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Most here will have been to more than one type of school so I am asking, are you still friends with people who you went to school or maybe even university with but no longer do?

I am not friends with anyone from primary school which we have here aged 4-11 but from secondary school I have about three people I am still friends with. Two of which are my BFFL's and we have been that way for about 8 years now.

So I was wondering if the any of the fine forum dwellers here have retained any lasting friendships from those vile despotic institutions of indoctrination, designed to crush the spirit and stamp out creativity, also known as schools, that you are now free from.

I have two that I'm actual friends with. One is my best friend, I spoke at his Eagle Court of Honor ceremony. The other is a good guy, we played D&D together for a while but now mostly we talk online. He's a huge politico, so much of it is centered around political discourse (we're both feelin' the Bern).

I went to hang out with some dude I used to go to primary school with earlier today. We lost contact after that, but randomly were in the same class about ten years later. We've been in contact ever since. :)

I'm also still friends with some guy I like to call "Idiot Friend" who I've been going to school with since grade seven. We actually shared a flat for two years aswell.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'm still best friends with my very first friend from kindergarten. I have a couple friends who I met in middle school, and a few I met in high school, and I'm so glad to have them

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
More acquaintances than friends, I think, for most of them. Though there is only ONE who I am probably going to be friends 'til the day I die. Her name is Reedah and we've been friends since we were 5, and we've been through a lot together <3. She went through the boy-crazy phase where she would sneak out and go to parties to meet up with her bf, and I'd go with her even though I hated every minute of those parties lol. She was there when I failed my first exam ever and I cried like it was the end of the world, like seriously, you would've thought something horrid had just happened to me by the way I was going on and on and on. Nah. My academic ego was bruised and she held me as I wept bitterly lmao.

We were always different in that she was the social queen bee, lovable, popular super-hot girl that a lot of boys chased after, and I was the captain of the debating team, all-about-school-work, no-nonsense girl that most guys we ran into ended up not liking very much because of my attitude haha. When we eventually hit our "clubbing" phase, she would have a really hard time flirting with guys at the bar because they would try to flirt with the both of us, and I would very bluntly be like "NO AND **** OFF" haha.

I live in the US and she lives back home still in New Zealand. We still talk over Facebook and gossip and tease each other. I very much look forward to seeing her again whenever I go back home (:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
More acquaintances than friends, I think, for most of them. Though there is only ONE who I am probably going to be friends 'til the day I die. Her name is Reedah and we've been friends since we were 5, and we've been through a lot together <3. She went through the boy-crazy phase where she would sneak out and go to parties to meet up with her bf, and I'd go with her even though I hated every minute of those parties lol. She was there when I failed my first exam ever and I cried like it was the end of the world, like seriously, you would've thought something horrid had just happened to me by the way I was going on and on and on. Nah. My academic ego was bruised and she held me as I wept bitterly lmao.

We were always different in that she was the social queen bee, lovable, popular super-hot girl that a lot of boys chased after, and I was the captain of the debating team, all-about-school-work, no-nonsense girl that most guys we ran into ended up not liking very much because of my attitude haha. When we eventually hit our "clubbing" phase, she would have a really hard time flirting with guys at the bar because they would try to flirt with the both of us, and I would very bluntly be like "NO AND **** OFF" haha.

I live in the US and she lives back home still in New Zealand. We still talk over Facebook and gossip and tease each other. I very much look forward to seeing her again whenever I go back home (:
I do believe though you're tons of fun to have around and can have some serious talk too :)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I wouldn't say I'm not friends with those I knew in school anymore, but we've definitely gone a long time without really talking or getting together, so I don't really know how they've grown. I'm willing to hope we can still be friends, but I can also accept if those ships have sailed.

Misty

Ronin
I was homeschooled until I was 16. Depending on if you count this, I am still in contact with my two friends from that time (they're my best friends and have known me my whole life and vice versa). But, I didn't meet them from homeschooling nor was that significant to our relationship. Our parents had been high school friends first.

At 16 I went to cyberschool and I am not in contact with any of the e-friends I made in those days. Although, I do still infrequently communicate with one of my teachers because he's the man.

At 16, I also dual enrolled in college and made several friends that way. Of the group of college friends I made in high school, I only still speak to one and even that is infrequently. (Although, once I can drive, I've been thinking really hard about rekindling my friendship with him because it really saddens me that we grew apart when he graduated due to his depression and my feeling abandoned.)

When I started college proper as a sophomore, I did not have any friends because they all graduated. (That was really tough actually). I didn't really particularly make new friends. I made a few, but no one I interacted with regularly. I still see them all from time to time. One girl and I were very very close, but she got too busy and hasn't really been returning communicay. Another girl I met my senior year of college (she's a sophomore now) and I are quite good friends and I'm hopeful we'll be close friends into the future.

I haven't gone on for a master's yet, but I feel as if it is safe to say that high school friends don't last and college friends are hit or miss. (At least for me.)

Unfortunately, no. I went to four different high schools, and lost most of my friends in those transitions due to growing distant to them. Many real life friends often became online friends for a time, until our interests just diverted entirely. Some of the online friends I've made through various MMOs and websites I've visited, on the otuer hand, have been going strong for over seven years now. For internet friends, that's a pretty good chunk of time.

I have a couple of friends via co-workers and classmates at my community college. Whether or not that will remain is yet to be seen. I do, however, have plenty of acquaintances that I speak to on a regular basis, and even joke around with. When you work at a college library, you have to have a sense of humor for some of the silly patrons that come in. :)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Even though I graduated high school last year, I barely talk to most of them. The few I expected to keep in contact with I just... haven't. I never really message them because, for more than the last decade, I could see them every single day without doing that. I wouldn't mind seeing most of them and hanging with them more, but I barely talk to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom