• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Origins of the Hero of Hyrule? (NES Link)

Crono

Hylian Rebel
The Tingle games are also an official product of Nintendo, but they aren't canon; your point? Not to mention, that arrow pointing to Calatia is most likely where the normal Hyrule seen in other games is located.

Lol normal Hyrule. And my point? The tingle games are Canon btw. But if u want to be technical about what's canon n whats not, then everything not created by miyamoto is not canon as he is the creator of Zelda.

Lol normal Hyrule. And my point? The tingle games are Canon btw. But if u want to be technical about what's canon n whats not, then everything not created by miyamoto is not canon as he is the creator of Zelda.
Everything on the timeline, in the manuals, or something specifically stated in an interview or just a random tweet or statement by the creators is canon. anything that doesn't fit in the above categories isn't canon. There's nothing to argue the Tingle games are canon, and there's nothing opposing this. Many people regard them as ambigiously canon, but I prefer to just call them non canon. And yes, "normal Hyrule," the Hyrule as seen in games such as Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. That's why Death Mountain is to the northeast in "normal Hyrule" but in Greater Hyrule it is to the southwest.

Sorry for the wall of text, I thought you'd be able to comprehend it without me spoon feeding it to you.

How is that backwards?

Because we've gotten so many different answers on Link's age; some sources refer to him as 12, some refer to him as 17 when he's an adult, and now we have Shigeru stating he is 7-8.

Everything on the timeline, in the manuals, or something specifically stated in an interview or just a random tweet or statement by the creators is canon. anything that doesn't fit in the above categories isn't canon. There's nothing to argue the Tingle games are canon, and there's nothing opposing this. Many people regard them as ambigiously canon, but I prefer to just call them non canon. And yes, "normal Hyrule," the Hyrule as seen in games such as Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. That's why Death Mountain is to the northeast in "normal Hyrule" but in Greater Hyrule is to the southwest.

Sorry for the wall of text, I thought you'd be able to comprehend it without me spoon feeding it to you.

Because we've gotten so many different answers on Link's age; some sources refer to him as 12, some refer to him as 17 when he's an adult, and now we have Shigeru stating he is 7-8.
True, but it's not really backwards unless he himself changed his statement. If he was the one that said an age and then changed it, that's one thing but that's not what it sounds like happened.

Like if he said that Link is 12 them a few years later said he's 8, that's backwards. If another Nintendo person said he's 12 then this guy said he's 8, that's different.

True, but it's not really backwards unless he himself changed his statement. If he was the one that said an age and then changed it, that's one thing but that's not what it sounds like happened.

Like if he said that Link is 12 them a few years later said he's 8, that's backwards. If another Nintendo person said he's 12 then this guy said he's 8, that's different.
Yes, but in an Iwata Asks, he also stated Link was 9. He himself has given different ages as well.

For the links, there are only two who are confirmed to be "adult link" and two that are most likely but not for sure. And I'll look for that source, I don't have it on hand.
We're talking about Ocarina of Time. These statements, were taken from Ocarina of Time guides, OoT 3D Iwata Asks, and Wind Waker. And when I said "Links," I meant actual links to show your evidence. I didn't think it was that confusing, to be honest.

We're talking about Ocarina of Time. These statements, were taken from Ocarina of Time guides, OoT 3D Iwata Asks, and Wind Waker. And when I said "Links," I meant actual links to show your evidence. I didn't think it was that confusing, to be honest.
I'll give you the links after I dig through my database.

Anyways, WW link is also young link and he could have a different age then OOT young link

I'll give you the links after I dig through my database.

Anyways, WW link is also young link and he could have a different age then OOT young link
In WW, Link gets the Hero's Clothes when he is the age as the Hero of Time when he started his adventure. However, many different sources state he is 12, which is another large problem, as it basically states Young Link is 12 as well.

In WW, Link gets the Hero's Clothes when he is the age as the Hero of Time when he started his adventure. However, many different sources state he is 12, which is another large problem, as it basically states Young Link is 12 as well.
Just curious, are these like official sources or internet head canon sources? And who have they come from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom