• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Alright guys, I didn't want to bring this up, but I dug up two quotes from Tristan from early on Day One:

He had information about the colour system early in the game that he likely couldn't have had if he was scum. Couple that with a playstyle that mimics the one he had as Innocent Child in Revival Mafia, and I'm fairly certain he's town.
Vote: Doc

Alright, fair point. I forgot about that. I shouldn't be theorising at midnight. In that case, Doc is the best alternative for today

Unvote
Vote: Doc

Alright guys, I didn't want to bring this up, but I dug up two quotes from Tristan from early on Day One:

He had information about the colour system early in the game that he likely couldn't have had if he was scum. Couple that with a playstyle that mimics the one he had as Innocent Child in Revival Mafia, and I'm fairly certain he's town.

Posting this now because I'm about to go to sleep (sorry folks, got plans tomorrow), and would much rather get it out of the way before an innocent gets lynched - especially this close to the end of the game day, when we could just aswell vote for an extension.

Since no one else seems to want an extension, and I don't believe that Tristan is scum, I'll go ahead and take up kokirion's suggestion and Vote: Doc
He could also just be well versed in TF2, and he could have used his "role" as an excuse and might not actually have a coloured role.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT
Doc (2): Soul, Kokirion
Tristan (1): Malon
Soul (1): Jamie
Not Voting (12): A Link in Time, Tristan, Viral Maze, Mido, Frozen Chosen, Crus@der77x , Night Owl, Ver-go-a-go-go, Toxic_Snowman, Zelda15, Doc, HeroOfTime

Extension (1): Soul

Day 2 will end on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 7pm PST. With 16 players alive, it takes 9 for majority.

He could also just be well versed in TF2, and he could have used his "role" as an excuse and might not actually have a coloured role.

Possible yeah, but how likely is it? I think not very much so. Do you have any other arguments about why you think Tristan is scum?

kokirion

yes, that's right.

but Soul is also right in that we should overthink that. And we should probably not do that a few hours before the deadline of a lynch. But he's still a suspect tomorrow

kokirion

Possible yeah, but how likely is it? I think not very much so. Do you have any other arguments about why you think Tristan is scum?
Well, the Sadia link alone is already a fair argument. You're highly underestimating the relevance of her being the first target, Soul. And if neither Vergo, Pendio, me OR Tristan was the one orchestrating that, then who? There are other possibilities, but they are so much less likely that it almost makes me certain that one of these 4 has done it. And with Pendio and me out of the picture, that really only leaves 2 big suspects.

Well, the Sadia link alone is already a fair argument. You're highly underestimating the relevance of her being the first target, Soul. And if neither Vergo, Pendio, me OR Tristan was the one orchestrating that, then who? There are other possibilities, but they are so much less likely that it almost makes me certain that one of these 4 has done it. And with Pendio and me out of the picture, that really only leaves 2 big suspects.

Fair point. If he lives through today, we can take a look at him tomorrow, along with Vergo and, well, you I suppose. Though as I said, the lack of anyone counter claiming leaves me the least suspicious of you.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Well, considering I suspect Soul, but no one will vote for him, since he protected Tristan so vehemently, I think I'll go for that good ol lynch.
Unvote
Vote: Tristan

Doesn't make sense. Why didn't you want to bring this up? Seems like you realized "oh damn, tristan might be lynched" and so you dug those up, but if you actually were convinced Tristan was town, you would have posted that earlier to clear him before he became near-lynch. Why wouldn't you? It's useful information. Of course, you wanted to separate yourself from your scumbud. Yep.

Doesn't make sense. Why didn't you want to bring this up? Seems like you realized "oh damn, tristan might be lynched" and so you dug those up, but if you actually were convinced Tristan was town, you would have posted that earlier to clear him before he became near-lynch. Why wouldn't you? It's useful information. Of course, you wanted to separate yourself from your scumbud. Yep.

Do you honestly want me to spell it out for you? Think about what the setup is like, and read the posts I quoted. It'll make sense why I didn't want to get into it.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Do you honestly want me to spell it out for you? Think about what the setup is like, and read the posts I quoted. It'll make sense why I didn't want to get into it.
Oh, no, I might read a post that Tristan made himself in full awareness of what he was posting.

If you're not scum, idk why you're acting so scummy.

Oh, no, I might read a post that Tristan made himself in full awareness of what he was posting.

If you're not scum, idk why you're acting so scummy.

Alright, spelling it out for you it is: It is very unlikely that Tristan could have made those posts if he was scum. Town roles outside of Vanilla Townie get a role PM that assigns them a colour and a restriction. VTs get the colour too, but not the restriction. Scum doesn't get either. Do you think he could have guessed all of that if he were scum this early in the game? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom