• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[Weird, Embarrassing, Interesting] Phases You've Gone Through in Life

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, I went through the teenage drug phase. It lasted only about 6 months, but it sure took a toll on me and my life. It changed me, both for the better and for the worse. I'm not going to say it's something that I don't regret, but I can say with certainty that I wouldn't be half the person I am now if I hadn't gone through it.

I also, before I knew I was a BIG GAY BABY (aka bisexual), I went through a short period of homosexual experimentation, because I was unsure of my sexuality. Never did anything physical, but there was definitely some curiosity building up. That was another high school thing.

I also went through one of those angsty teen phases that damn near everybody goes through, but that was mostly during (and a result of) my aforementioned drug phase. Luckily, it was never overly serious, mostly it was just because I hated life for reasons that should be obvious lol.

Wolfie-senpai, I find it hard to believe that you don't care at all when you made this giant post in response. Just saying. I also find your constant "oh who cares about the internet" stuff to be sort of odd considering you once had a really close friend here who has stuck by you in tons of situations and you used to post about him a lot. We both know who I'm talking about. So don't be silly. You care, and it's okay to care. People on the internet are real people, real people with real feelings. Being in front of the computer doesn't dehumanize you. I've met a lot of great people on the internet.

*Deridovely

What I meant to say was I don't care on that deep a level to lie to people of no value, especially about someone dying. Aside from a few exceptions, I don't feel I have an obligation to prove anything to a bunch of faceless strangers on some computer monitor. The people that a person usually goes out of their way to prove themselves to, or get that kind of attention from, are folks like real-life friends, family, their teacher, etc.--you know, people they [have to] care about. No single person remaining on ZD entirely fits that bill for me; hell, I've never even heard most of your guys' voices or know your real names. Sorry if that comes off as mean or whatever, but that's just how I see it. That stuff's for people who either don't have any more important real-life issues to worry about like trying to keep a roof over their head or food on the table, or folks who don't have the aforementioned IRL outlets. Meaning that anyone that cares that much about this kind of stuff--going out of their way to try to impress a bunch of blank faces on the internet, or earn sympathy from them--must literally have NOTHING going on for them IRL. They've simply got too much time on their hands and/or get online to make problems for themselves just so that they'll have something to solve(?). For example, the only person I'm trying to impress is a freaking living, breathing, real life job interviewer right now, as there is something positive and useful to gain from it in the end (i.e., a better job), and if/when I need sympathy or help with coping from anyone, I'll seek real-life therapy or something. I just come online and post for the sake of sharing and reading other people's views. That's all there is to it. It's great that you've met good people 'a lot of great people online,' but I ain't you.

The rest of it is... There are so many other ways of getting attention online, seriously. I was once one of the most popular albeit mysterious people on here (mainly popular for being mysterious, weirdly enough), and I literally go out of my way not to do s*** [for attention]. If I wanted attention, I'd post my hundreds of drawings, upload audio of my singing something in like seven different languages, upload a video of my turning a flip or something else. There's tons of things to do. I'll never understand why perfectly talented people get online and use death or something for attention. (Like, seriously, people, can't you draw?! Well, post some of your art, then! /aside) The last thing I'd do is use death as a clutch. Didn't even know that was a thing until I read it here, or at least I didn't want to let myself believe that doing something like that existed. (I have tons upon tons of ways to prove my brother's death, too; I have all of his dialysis paperwork and everything. Hundreds of documents.) I don't plan on sharing the details of my personal life online ever again, though. Lesson learned.

Lastly, I made 'that giant post', because a lot of people (like you, and I don't mean that in a negative sense) like to say stuff that tends to stimulate a response from people, but you don't want to hear that response. Why ask a question or force someone into defense mode if you don't want an answer or a response? I don't get it. If you don't know that much about me, just know that I'm stubborn as ****, and no one's gonna say something slick to me and not get told off, mod, admin, or otherwise. This forum is but one of many. Long posts are just how I do things.

Dan

Wolfie-senpai, I find it hard to believe that you don't care at all when you made this giant post in response. Just saying. I also find your constant "oh who cares about the internet" stuff to be sort of odd considering you once had a really close friend here who has stuck by you in tons of situations and you used to post about him a lot. We both know who I'm talking about. So don't be silly. You care, and it's okay to care. People on the internet are real people, real people with real feelings. Being in front of the computer doesn't dehumanize you. I've met a lot of great people on the internet.

I know what you mean. It wasn't until I heard a hilarious audio version of his post that i had to go back to the original post, as while I was listening to the audio version I found there was more information in that version than the original, just wow lol.

I know what you mean. It wasn't until I heard a hilarious audio version of his post that i had to go back to the original post, as while I was listening to the audio version I found there was more information in that version than the original, just wow lol.
See what I mean? I get enough attention from you guys than needed without having to lie about someone dying.

Reactions: Dan
I tried getting into that "emo goth" crap when I was 10. Luckily, my parents wouldn't have it, so I couldn't embarrass myself too much.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
So in like, grade 6, I started getting really into the whole peace signs, love, 60s scene. I can remember putting a whole bunch of peace sign stickers in my room, buying tie dye shirts, and using words like "psychedelic." My dream car was a Volkswagen bug (which actually almost happened)! I didn't go through a personality transformation or anything, I just really liked the symbols and bright colours. :P

Reactions: Dan

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The following picture speaks volumes:

288978_178430058892348_2536860_o.jpg

at least i wasnt a brony

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Oh man. This is a good thread. Oh so many phases ive been through in 30 years. Let's see. When I was in elementary (which is so young I can't be embarrassed) I liked Boyz 2 Men. Lol my first real girlfriend in the 6th grade, we met dancing at the skating rink to the song "I'll Make Love to You".

I was always a Metal Head till I was a freshmen in highschool, and discover the underground punk scene, which isn't so underground any more. I still have some favorites from the metal years like Tool and the first two Mudvayne albums ect. My punk years have been good to me. A lot of good music starts in the punk scene. Unless ur AFI. If you are AFI, you start as one of the best hardcore punk bands ever, and turn into one of the biggest jokes on the scene. So that was a weird realization about the music industry.

The parachute pants phase was funny. I went through a phase where I wore a lot of hunters orange colored clothes. But I would have to say none of these are embarrassing anymore. Time is funny. I can only imagine how someone who is like 90 something years old. Could you imagine how much change you could see in around 100 years. It's crazy guys.. For real!

G

Guest-3

I used to think that the world was going to end, but in the way of economics and communism. I saved up money and hid my chocolate bars (like that would help), then it just stopped and I was thrown into yet another phase. The "scene" phase. But it was never a phase, or so I said. XD Thank God they were just phases...

Dan

I used to think that the world was going to end, but in the way of economics and communism. I saved up money and hid my chocolate bars (like that would help), then it just stopped and I was thrown into yet another phase. The "scene" phase. But it was never a phase, or so I said. XD Thank God they were just phases...

Best first post ever! Welcome to Zelda Dungeon.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Went through a phase where I was a hardcore fedora tipping, "life is meaningless" thinking loser. While I still believe that life is meaningless by default, I have my own story to play out and I'm not gonna let a meme bring me down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom