• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Unvote
Vote: Kokirion
How ironic. And just when my gutfeeling started to tell me that you and Sadia were playing it low key, nicely lurking and waiting the RVS out. In my mind I was already seeing a little scum team there. But as much as I'd love to OMGUS vote right now, your new RVS attack kind of proved my gutfeeling wrong. So that'd be pointless ^ ^

I'm still going after Sadu though.

Vote: Sadia

EBWODP:

By the way. Dan, you could you please not use the same avatar as Malon? Whenever I read the updates from this thread it makes me feel as if one of you is posting a LOT.

If anything, Malon should change his avatar, as Dan had it first. But yeah, it's pissing me off aswell.

Well, then, the reason I know Storm is fakeclaiming is he claimed the exact same role that I have. Not really sure how to prove my role either, so you should probably not be completely trusting of this either.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
We can assume nobody is a Vanilla maybe. Unless soldiers and scouts are Vanillas

Oh boy, I was so excited to log on to the old ZD forums this morning. I can catch up on my Flappy Cheep Cheep forum game, talk about some Darksiders, increase my horrible corruption, participate in some day-one mafia RVS ****posting....

But im the Red Medic

What the actual ****.

I can think of no scenario on day one where role-claiming townie doctor (Medics are functionally doctors in TF2, right?) is a good idea, unless there are multiple protection roles, which none of us could possibly know about.

I don't think I've ever played mafia with you, so I have no idea if this is a weird "musicfan-esque" too-early claim or if this is your first game or something. Either way, fakeclaim or not, this isn't really the best thing to do early on.

"Anything you do in mafia can be spinned to be scummy" is true, but this just seems too easy. We either believe you and don't lynch you so you can either be killed by the mafia tonight or live on as scum, the "real" doctor soft claims and is now out in the open or is a mafia fake-claimer who gets our doctor killed, or we just lynch you because it's day one and we have nothing else to do.
Seems like a lose-lose-risk proposition either way, which I don't like.

Oh boy, I was so excited to log on to the old ZD forums this morning. I can catch up on my Flappy Cheep Cheep forum game, talk about some Darksiders, increase my horrible corruption, participate in some day-one mafia RVS ****posting....

What the actual ****.

I can think of no scenario on day one where role-claiming townie doctor (Medics are functionally doctors in TF2, right?) is a good idea, unless there are multiple protection roles, which none of us could possibly know about.

I don't think I've ever played mafia with you, so I have no idea if this is a weird "musicfan-esque" too-early claim or if this is your first game or something. Either way, fakeclaim or not, this isn't really the best thing to do early on.

"Anything you do in mafia can be spinned to be scummy" is true, but this just seems too easy. We either believe you and don't lynch you so you can either be killed by the mafia tonight or live on as scum, the "real" doctor soft claims and is now out in the open or is a mafia fake-claimer who gets our doctor killed, or we just lynch you because it's day one and we have nothing else to do.
Seems like a lose-lose-risk proposition either way, which I don't like.
Yeah, the medic is the same as a doctor. And yeah, it wasn't a good idea, but this is Storm. If so much as one person votes for him he'll claim Doctor. This isn't his first game, though.

Yeah, the medic is the same as a doctor. And yeah, it wasn't a good idea, but this is Storm. If so much as one person votes for him he'll claim Doctor. This isn't his first game, though.

But just look at terrible the scenario that the town is in right now, right off the bat:

1.)Two doctor claims on day one, with the exact same role. I don't think there could possibly be two "red medics" unless I'm misunderstanding the game setup. This means one of you is lying, and probably scum since the claim was so specific (there's the possibility you're both town, but it seems unlikely to me).

2.) Even if we nail a mafia member today or tomorrow between the two of you, our doctor is as good as dead tonight if both of you aren't town.

3.) Losing the doctor this early is one of the most detrimental things that could happen to the town.

But what's done is done, I suppose. I guess it's all a matter of who we trust more at this point.... again at the beginning of the game.

Unvote

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
You were right Malon, counterclaiming doctor did screw everything up even more... which is why you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place, at least until things calmed down because it's a little chaotic right now and that didn't help.

This is literally a reverse day 1 from mafia Revival, only this time Malon and Storm switched roles. Idk which one to believe, or if we should even believe either of them. This is a really ****ty situation we're in now.

Dan

Haha I love seeing carry over tactics from previous games. This day one role claiming has certainly shaken the pot a little. They may or may not be scum it's difficult as the previous game has shown...

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Hold on, though.
I'm in a train right now and can't do much more than lurk, but I'll post my thoughts in a few hours when I'm home. But I did wanted to jump here and say yes it's a ****ty situation, but I also see possibilities now that we're already in here

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, then, the reason I know Storm is fakeclaiming is he claimed the exact same role that I have. Not really sure how to prove my role either, so you should probably not be completely trusting of this either.
Or there are two medics. A red and a blue
Note he said exact same. Idk what that sounds like to you but exact same sounds like exact same to me.

Although I have to be honest, my TF2 knowledge is minimal, could there possibly be a red and a blue medic? My role actually indicates to me that perhaps that may be a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom