• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How powerful are you?

How powerful are you?

• I'm pretty powerful

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • I'm not powerful at all

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Power, with great power comes great responsibility - God

I'm bicurious just how powerful are you forum dwellers? I don't mean in strength alone but in intellect, cunningness, manipulation etc
Are you someone not to be trifled with?

a_aa4d63d8.jpg

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Your physique is coming along well Dan, keep it up. I would have figured you to prefer a nice pink towel but the blue suits you well.

I am reasonably strong physically. Not the strongest out there but probably in the top 1% of people. I always strive to become stronger and am working towards that.

I'm above average intelligence but in terms of cunningness and manipulation I almost always can get what I want.

As for trifling with me. I get people back for wronging me even if it takes a long time for the right opportunity.

I don't consider myself very powerful, and I don't strive to be. I don't believe that having power over others is a good thing, and I prefer just being on the same level.

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
I'm so strong I crushed the heads of everyone who pissed me off yesterday...(I'm really weak)

*looks at wimpy, noodle arms and kisses non existant biceps* I'm the freakin She-Hulk!

Actually I'm pretty wimpy, I can pick up or move really heavy stuff with help, but I'm gonna be really sore afterwards.

Intellect-Average. I'm not super smart and I don't pick up things quickly, but I'm not a idiot by any means.

Manipulation Well, we all do a little manipulation, even if we don't care to admit it, but I'm not a master manipulator, more the whiny type I guess and I never do it out of maliciousness.

Reactions: Dan

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
WARNING LONG-WINDED, CERTAIN-TO-TRIGGER-YOU RANT INCOMING!

Physically, I'm nothing special, and in fact permanent injuries from childhood make me a bit of a liability in a physical confrontation. However I am extremely skilled with psychology and reading what other people are thinking based on their behavior and actions. When it comes to what people are doing and why they are doing it, I'm extremely talented. I can usually tell what people are up to even when they don't realize it themselves such as when they're doing something without really thinking about the why.

I am constantly underestimated. I don't mean to toot my own horn (yes I do), but I am rather intelligent and extremely good at tactical planning. Whenever I have an idea for anything, it's usually dismissed out of hand because... how dare I have an idea?! I should know it's not my place to have ideas! But I'm nearly always right about the things I choose to speak up about. If I'm not confident, I either won't say anything or very clearly say I'm not confident. In every single case, not nearly every but actually literally every single case, where I've asserted that something was going to happen, or someone had a particular motive, or that a particular plan wasn't going to work, etc. I've been right. Every single time. Not most of the time... EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And despite my track record I get severely underestimated every single time. Usually people scoffing at the ridiculous notion that I could possibly know anything about anything (despite me being right countless times in the past - including times people could see that).

I never expect people to just take my word for anything, in fact I'd be upset if they did. But it is still shocking how reliably predictable it is. Every single time I make an assertion, I'm dismissed as irrelevant and "clearly wrong." And every single time I end up being correct and no one remembers for the next time that "hey... maybe we should get Matt's opinion." But nope. And if I dare to give my opinion.... just how dare I? Don't I know I don't matter and are clearly inexperienced with everything? And very often I'm explicitly told I have a history of being wrong about these things, even though the exact opposite is true. At the very least it should qualify me as a valued adviser. But nope, I'm know-nothing-Matt that shouldn't be trusted because he's "never" right about anything (even though he actually usually is.).

Does it sound arrogant? Maybe. Probably .But I don't care because it ends up being very telling and shows which people can't actually be trusted and which ones put their personal feelings over their better judgement. I sometimes speak out of my abilities because I'm so extremely tired of constantly being dismissed as some idiot who couldn't possibly know what he's talking about. It's more than a little degrading to be put down as a moron on a regular basis, despite clearly having been correct so many times, and I think it's only fair for anyone in that situation to indulge in a bit of self-esteem repair. We all need to keep our sanity somehow. I don't make a habit of this. Just... whenever the frustration of being ignored and disregarded builds to a breaking point and it needs release before I go insane. That's fair isn't it? Everyone should be allowed to vent when they're feeling slighted, ignored, and mistreated don't they?

And besides, the CONSTANT underestimation of my abilities comes incredibly handy when I am dealing with a bully. Because they're so completely and absolutely CONVINCED that I am an irrelevant know-nothing, it's usually relatively easy to deal with any given bully since they're ignoring an obviously serious threat. Usually all it takes is patience on my part. Being on my list is not a place you want to be. Everyone who has been on it has come to regret it whether they're willing to admit it or not. Fortunately you have to be a pretty bad person to get on that list. I pride myself in being fair and honest and treating people with respect. If I don't seem to be doing that to someone, it's because I have good reason to believe they're not extending that same courtesy to others.

And please.... please tell me how horrible I am for saying all this. Works wonders for my self-esteem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom