• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Discussion Thread

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Damn. Didn't Disney kind of revoke TFU being canon anyway?
The only things besides the core six films that remained canon from before, is the animated film and the second Clone Wars series. All the previous games and everything are gone.

???
Um... Starkillers fate was determined in the first game...
The game ends with Starkiller dying for the rebel alliance(or joining Darth Sidius and wrecking everyone). The second game was merely just a sideshow involving a clone.
Didn't TFU give u a bad ending option? Would that mean he could still be alive?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well..... both of their new films were adaptations of existing Legends EU canon. Force Awakens is an adaptation of the Legacy miniseries novels. With its two main characters and most of the major plot plots ripped right from the novels. And Rogue One is an adaptation of the first part of the video game Dark Forces. It looks like they're drawing from the old EU extensively, just renaming characters and reimaging the plots while still keeping a few core plot points. So if there's any old EU character you want back, they'll almost certainly be given a new name and a completely different backstory even if essentially they have the same personality and are the same overall person.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I should note that that Star Wars Rebels, which is still airing and is canon, tells a completely different way for the the rebellion starting. One that I actually like much better. In The Force Unleashed, it's implied that the thought of rebellion never even occurred to anyone and that they never would have thought of it had Starkiller never suggested it. That never sat well with me. It felt contrived. In Rebels, instead, there had always been individual rebel cells for as long as the Empire has existed and they only recently started organizing into a larger movement. Which is far more believable and makes acquiring the forces they ended up having much more plausible than how sudden it's implied to be in TFU.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
It looks great, and more of a rough underground SW story as opposed to the fixation with the mysticism of the force.

I suspect our main character is more of a Han Solo than a Skywalker, and really hope they don't shove in any skywalkers into the movie (including Vader). Possibly just for fun if you see Vader walking around in the background as a cameo, but nothing more.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I should note that that Star Wars Rebels, which is still airing and is canon, tells a completely different way for the the rebellion starting. One that I actually like much better. In The Force Unleashed, it's implied that the thought of rebellion never even occurred to anyone and that they never would have thought of it had Starkiller never suggested it. That never sat well with me. It felt contrived. In Rebels, instead, there had always been individual rebel cells for as long as the Empire has existed and they only recently started organizing into a larger movement. Which is far more believable and makes acquiring the forces they ended up having much more plausible than how sudden it's implied to be in TFU.
It's not necessarily inconsistent, it's more than believable Starkiller martyring himself would galvanize the Rebel pockets into a cohesive whole.

Since the first trailer for Rogue One was released today, I thought it'd be a good time to create a discussion.

What are your initial thoughts about this Star Wars spin-off releasing later this year? What aspects of the story between Episodes III and IV would you like to see fleshed out?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32595-1366767262-1.gif

Roll credits.

I read the essential guide to star wars and this movie is basicaly taken from a book in which Han Solo has a girlfriend

(Used to be a big star wars fan)

Waiting for Rogue One's release

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom