• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild If you could pick a composer for Zelda U?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think a great soundtrack is essential for a great game. Zelda has some great soundtracks in its games now but what if you could choose who were to do the music for the Zelda U.

So if you could pick a composer to do the soundtrack to Zelda U, who would you choose and what other works have they done?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Ryo Nagamatsu.
He has truly proven himself to be Kondo's true successor.

His track record, both on Zelda and off is amazing.
He did the soundtrack for Mario Galaxy 2
He did the very unique Soundtracks for Nintendoland and Mariokart 8.

He made one of the best Zelda soundtracks ever in A Link Between Worlds. He also did Triforce Heroes.

He really is the perfect guy for the job. And is truly revolutionary just like Kondo was.

Ryo Nagamatsu.

I agree, but if i can dream a little, i wonder what Joe Hisaishi can do for a Zelda game… I just love how many emotions he put in the music in studio ghibli films…

I would want the same team behind SS ost, which was incredible imo. Any past composer would do well tbh, LoZ has amazing Soundtracks, but i think that art style would go well with something as spiritual as we saw in SS.

On a side note, i wouldn't mind seeing Jeremy Soule composing for the series, specially in that sprawling world he would seem tailor made.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I would want the same team behind SS ost, which was incredible imo. Any past composer would do well tbh, LoZ has amazing Soundtracks, but i think that art style would go well with something as spiritual as we saw in SS.

On a side note, i wouldn't mind seeing Jeremy Soule composing for the series, specially in that sprawling world he would seem tailor made.
Skyward Sword's Soundtrack was the most bland in the series.....
There were some excellent tracks, however, the majority of the music was quite forgettable.

I am a musician, and I am quite good at remembering pieces. I could sing you the area themes of nearly every Zelda game. Yet Skyward Sword's soundtrack is extremely forgettable. The Faron woods doesn't hold any impact on you like Kokiri Forest and the Lost Woods pieces did. The Mogma theme is forgettable at best, and the same goes for the entire Eldin area in general.

Could you even recall the lake Floria theme right now? I am asking this seriously.

Skyward Sword's OST wasn't bad by any means. It is quite good. However, it is the most forgettable soundtrack of the series. It has amazing pieces such as Fi's, Ghirahim's, and Groose's themes. However, the truly recognizable pieces of the game are rarely used. This is important for music in videogames. The forgettable tracks far outweigh the truly memorable ones.

Last edited:
Couldn't disagree more, you being a musician really has no weight into this. I recall more SS tracks than any other game in the series, the production values and beauty are immense. it felt moody, spiritual, soothing and blended perfectly with the art style. At times it felt like it came out of Shadows of the colossus.

Not only that but it was effective in carrying emotion, Gates of Time plays in a very impactful scene and i still have that melody stuck in my head. One of the most powerful scenes in the series.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If my first choice of Skrillex wasn't used. Nobuo Uematsu would be my next choice. I like his work on the Final Fantasy series. The SSBB main theme and The Last Story.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I actually quite liked Skyward Sword's soundtrack. While it's true not a lot of the tunes were overly memorable, they honestly don't need to be imo. As long as they fit. And the tracks in SS fit extremely well with the areas/people they represented. The Faron Woods theme fit the atmosphere of the area really well, it actually sounds like a tune you'd hear while walking through a cheery lit up forest (which Faron Woods is in that game). The Skyview Temple theme is grand and gives a sense of despair, which you genuinely feel while walking through that partially ruined, undeniably eerie place. It's one of the best dungeon themes in the series imo. The track that plays while flying through the sky is very Super Mario Galaxy-esque, and you really get that sense of flying through the sky. Plus Ghirahim's theme is awesome, Fi's theme is great, and can you imagine playing the epic final battle against Demise without that epic slightly operatic tune playing in the background? Skyward Sword actually has, imo, one of the best soundtracks in the series. Of course, being orchestrated helps a lot too.

So ya, needless to say, I wouldn't mind the guy responsible (his name is slipping my mind) to score the latest Zelda game. I'm sure he'd do a great job!

Although, truth be told, my number one choice is and always will be Koji Kondo. Nobody does Zelda soundtracks quite like him.

Ryo Nagamatsu.

His track record, both on Zelda and off is amazing.
He did the soundtrack for Mario Galaxy 2
He did the very unique Soundtracks for Nintendoland and Mariokart 8.

He made one of the best Zelda soundtracks ever in A Link Between Worlds. He also did Triforce Heroes.

He really is the perfect guy for the job. And is truly revolutionary just like Kondo was.

I was just going to say Kondo but if Nagamatsu did A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes, then I'm totally down for him doing it. Although Tri Force Heroes isn't my favorite game, I love the music.

Hmmm... Why not both?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Whoever was the composer was for Xenoblade Chronicles X did an amazing job, I'd get him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom