• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
wtf is a canada?
A country located above USA(another country).

A country is a loosely defined chunk of land that people fight over.
You couldn't be more wrong Malon!
Canada is where trees bloom hockey pucks, moose fly high in the sky, and everyone apologizes because everyone isn't real. It's also going to be my new home if Trump becomes president!

You couldn't be more wrong Malon!
Canada is where trees bloom hockey pucks, moose fly high in the sky, and everyone apologizes because everyone isn't real. It's also going to be my new home if Trump becomes president!

You forgot the part where the rivers run thick with maples and syrup.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
wtf is a canada?
'eyyyy!! tristy-kid, 'ows it going? got the chirps going! saw you 'ad them wheels on right hard, 'eard that girl was a bit o' a puck bunny myself but i 'ope it all goes well. come by the house some time, eh? 'avent seen you in ages!

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Just some food for thought:

Is there any way we could implement a plugin or module that makes so that when someone posts a thread in a specified section that only the OP and the mods/admins can see it? I think that would be a lot more effective than a general thread for people to discuss infractions or warnings. That way, a discussion about their issue can be had without third parties basically barging in. I don't know if Xenforo would have something like that, but I'm pretty sure IPB might.
I'm sure it's possible. However the current infractions thread was made in the first place because the mods were ignoring and brushing under the rug any infraction complaints that were taken privately. Usually not even bothering to respond. Or if they do, all they ever said was "our decision stands" and then that was that. No matter how blatantly unfair it was. No matter how far in the wrong the mod was. They simply saw anyone who questioned them as The Enemy. The public venue added a degree of transparency that forced the issues to be addressed. Abusive infractions were common back then, but it changed after that. The effect was immediate. As soon as the thread was established, the rate of abusive infractions and warnings plummeted to near zero. Just being aware that they could be held publicly accountable for abusing their powers cautioned mods against infracting when it wasn't absolutely necessary. That never would have happened in a totally private setting. We couldn't have gotten to our better environment today without that openness. Not only are infractions handed out much more carefully, but actually the overall environment is much better because we're focused on resolving problems instead of pure punishment now. If we revert to an entirely private format, it'll inevitably roll back to the old practice of simply ignoring all complaints and never doing anything about it. Even the current mods are capable of that. It's a natural tendency. Openness and transparency is important for everyone to maintain their objectivity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom