• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Unfortunately as the recent incident showed it doesn't. The Rules act more as a guideline nowadays and hell not even a very good one as half of the members don't know the rules.

Exactly. There are loopholes present in the current rules, ones that need to be addressed going forward, if this incident and a few others are any indication.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The main problem is that, when a problem does occur, it just so happens to occur during a time when no mods are around to solve it.
Bull****. You think there's just some weird coincidence that problems ALWAYS happen when mods aren't on? We had Venven the other day just alting it up, and no mods even ADDRESSED it. No one even came in and said "oh, we are gonna allow it". Nope, they just watched, despite everyone being confused.

Vee is a mod in particular that is extremely active, but most of them are either not very active, or don't really do much.

No, before someone who we all know gets on me, I don't want people to be infracted about every little thing. But things get out of hand in threads, or people get clearly offended or someone breaks a rule, etc, and it seems nothing is ever done, or even addressed. No, we don't need to infract people for everything, but staff posting in threads and addressing issues more often would be really nice.

I hear every day "this is the best staff group ever!!" How come? The administration is good, yes, and the freedom to speak our minds is good, but it seems like this "best staff group ever" is strange, when things are not much different than if we had no staff at all. I do agree with @Matt hugely that staff need to be more involved with moderating by posting, that would be a good start.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Bull****. You think there's just some weird coincidence that problems ALWAYS happen when mods aren't on? We had Venven the other day just alting it up, and no mods even ADDRESSED it. No one even came in and said "oh, we are gonna allow it". Nope, they just watched, despite everyone being confused.

Vee is a mod in particular that is extremely active, but most of them are either not very active, or don't really do much.

No, before someone who we all know gets on me, I don't want people to be infracted about every little thing. But things get out of hand in threads, or people get clearly offended or someone breaks a rule, etc, and it seems nothing is ever done, or even addressed. No, we don't need to infract people for everything, but staff posting in threads and addressing issues more often would be really nice.

I hear every day "this is the best staff group ever!!" How come? The administration is good, yes, and the freedom to speak our minds is good, but it seems like this "best staff group ever" is strange, when things are not much different than if we had no staff at all. I do agree with @Matt hugely that staff need to be more involved with moderating by posting, that would be a good start.
But should it be all on them? I want people to have... you know... personal lives too. Being a mod is stressful. We can't pile too much on too few people. More mods would help. Oh.. very important, what I just said, we need to recognize that mods are human beings too with their own feelings. I think most of us bothering to reply here have had our history of getting carried away on that front. It'd be a waste of a mistake to not learn from it. It's a hard job and it can't be a 24/7 chore for one person.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
But should it be all on them? I want people to have... you know... personal lives too. Being a mod is stressful. We can't pile too much on too few people. More mods would help. Oh.. very important, what I just said, we need to recognize that mods are human beings too with their own feelings. I think most of us bothering to reply here have had our history of getting carried away on that front. It'd be a waste of a mistake to not learn from it. It's a hard job and it can't be a 24/7 chore for one person.
I agree, there needs to be more mods for sure.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Unfortunately as the recent incident showed it doesn't. The Rules act more as a guideline nowadays and hell not even a very good one as half of the members don't know the rules.

I agree. A while ago we had to revamp our RS sub-community rules, because they were pretty outdated since, you know, context changes. Anyhow I agree with Shiro and Selenus we've got to update our rules a bit at least — add and make things less ambiguous. Best of luck community!

I think most of us are against a no swear rule, but your other suggestion is so ill defined.

Exactly. Sometimes when people have debates, those debates get heated. Some might call that "infighting". If such a thing is going to be a rule, it must be defined in a way everyone can understand. A no-swearing rule would be pretty pointless anyway.

Just some food for thought:

Is there any way we could implement a plugin or module that makes so that when someone posts a thread in a specified section that only the OP and the mods/admins can see it? I think that would be a lot more effective than a general thread for people to discuss infractions or warnings. That way, a discussion about their issue can be had without third parties basically barging in. I don't know if Xenforo would have something like that, but I'm pretty sure IPB might.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom