• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forum Merger Discussion/Suggestions

Hello @Nathanial Rumphol-Janc
Do you think we can have an update on the merge soon? It is after TPHD releases.

I noticed that the main site of ZeldaInformer is kind of dead.... Despite there being a brand new Zelda game releasing, you guys seem very slow on news, and you haven't really been doing daily debates regarding thag, so I assume you are hard at work for the merge.
The site is dead because there is a bug where you have to reset your password everytime you log in and I'm everyone is too lazy to do that.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I wouldn't say it's dead.
Nathanial himself has not been posting in it a whole bunch however. And there hasn't been many daily debates much as well. Furthermore, like I have said, ZeldaInformer has been reporting on news somewhat slowly now. Which is odd especially considering a new Zelda remake has just released.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Nathanial himself has not been posting in it a whole bunch however. And there hasn't been many daily debates much as well. Furthermore, like I have said, ZeldaInformer has been reporting on news somewhat slowly now. Which is odd especially considering a new Zelda remake has just released.
It just appears dead because the activity is split between different topics. I'm seeing frontpage stuff with like 50 comments over there. Yeah I guess news is slow so it might be because the merge is going in full swing soon.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
It just appears dead because the activity is split between different topics. I'm seeing frontpage stuff with like 50 comments over there. Yeah I guess news is slow so it might be because the merge is going in full swing soon.
Which is exactly what I said........
Despite there being a brand new Zelda game releasing, you guys seem very slow on news, and you haven't really been doing daily debates regarding that, so I assume you are hard at work for the merge.

Hello @Nathanial Rumphol-Janc
Do you think we can have an update on the merge soon? It is after TPHD releases.

I noticed that the main site of ZeldaInformer is kind of dead.... Despite there being a brand new Zelda game releasing, you guys seem very slow on news, and you haven't really been doing daily debates regarding thag, so I assume you are hard at work for the merge.

Keep in mind I am in no way handling this merge, nor is any staff at ZI. ZI's site activity levels are down in large part because I am not actively posting much right now (though I did two lengthy livestreams of TPHD), and because we have a large number of staff on hiatus. That being said, we're still pretty active, but not obviousy to the levels we should be.

Speaking on that front, my mother has been admitted to a hospital for over a week and is suffering from sepsis and might die. While I am still doing site work, obviously I have severely cut back my load not necessarily because i don't have time. but because my mind is elsewhere.

As for the merge, it's sort of on the backburner for Mases atm. Might be revisited at the end of the month. I suggested to him due to discovering that PM's will not transfer very well that it may be beneficial to consider sticking with Xenforo. That's where the conversation was left and this was a week or so ago.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Speaking on that front, my mother has been admitted to a hospital for over a week and is suffering from sepsis and might die. While I am still doing site work, obviously I have severely cut back my load not necessarily because i don't have time. but because my mind is elsewhere.

Well I think we can understand — hopefully your mother feels better Nate.

Yeah, definitely focus on that for the time being. Best wishes.

On topic, sticking with Xenforo would be great, both because Xenforo is awesome and also because it would ease the transition, since many things would still look the same, function the same, etc.

Reactions: Pen

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Things come up in life that are far more important than forum matters. We totally understand. All the best for you and your mother.

On that note, I'm all for waiting as long as necessary to make the transition as easy and seamless as possible.

Pen

The game is on!
Yeah, definitely focus on that for the time being. Best wishes.

On topic, sticking with Xenforo would be great, both because Xenforo is awesome and also because it would ease the transition, since many things would still look the same, function the same, etc.

I totally agree. And I mean, we changed to XenForo a year ago for a reason, did we not?

I know very little about the ZI forums, but unless they are already using XenForo, perhaps they should change to that before the merge if that would make the merge easier. Of course I'm no expert in things like this, but I would also love to keep XenForo.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started

tumblr_ni51c4GVTS1qig1kfo1_500.gif

Edited because I found a better one*

Last edited:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
It doesn't sound like this is really the time to really go over what we're going to do or to worry about when. Everyone knows where I stand, so no point in going over that. Anything we do should have Nate's input but he has a more serious problem to deal with at the moment. That has to have priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom