• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can You Wink With Both Eyes (separately)?

Can you wink with both eyes?

• Yes

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • No, only one eye

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I can't wink at all

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I was talking today with my good**** friend, odd300, and I told him how it's weird that I can raise my left eyebrow independently from my right, but can't raise my right independently separate from my left. Then, he said it's the same for him, but that he also can't wink with his right eye. I had never heard of this before in my life, so I'm having a poll. Can you wink with both eyes?

Also, let's laugh at all of the disabled people who can only wink with one eye or none at all.

Thanks for reading! :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I've never known of not being able to wink with both eyes before. I can only raise one eyebrow though. I don't know how common being able to do both is but I have a friend who can do both. When he mocks me for trying to copy him I use my middle finger to raise my other eyebrow.

Jamie

I've never known of not being able to wink with both eyes before. I can only raise one eyebrow though. I don't know how common being able to do both is but I have a friend who can do both. When he mocks me for trying to copy him I use my middle finger to raise my other eyebrow.
That's a good strategy. I'll try that next time.

Mido

Version 1
I find that I cannot raise either of my eyebrows individually; however, in regards to winking, I can use both eyes. For a while, though, I struggled with my left eye, but eventually got the hang of it even if it doesn't look nearly as natural as winking does with my right eye.

I think it's a right brain vs. left brain thing. If you try to teach one side of the brain to do something the other half knows how to do, it has to "re-learn" in a way. Also, some folks' brains will allocate more space to one side or the other, resulting in unbalanced development. (See: Einstein.)

Kinda like to me, writing feels like something you do with your right hand, but driving feels like something you do with your left. If I try to write with my left hand, my handwriting comes out VERY different... all loopy and unfamiliar like I'm not used to coming from me. On the other hand, driving with my right hand just plain feels odd and unbalanced.

Jamie

I think it's a right brain vs. left brain thing. If you try to teach one side of the brain to do something the other half knows how to do, it has to "re-learn" in a way. Also, some folks' brains will allocate more space to one side or the other, resulting in unbalanced development. (See: Einstein.)

Kinda like to me, writing feels like something you do with your right hand, but driving feels like something you do with your left. If I try to write with my left hand, my handwriting comes out VERY different... all loopy and unfamiliar like I'm not used to coming from me. On the other hand, driving with my right hand just plain feels odd and unbalanced.
The brain stuff is a myth. While one side of your brain does control one side of your body, there is no one who uses more of their right brain than their left. Everyone uses both sides to their full capacity at both times. Both sides are needed for math, and both sides are needed for art. It's just a huge myth that has somehow become very popular.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I can wink both eyes separately, no problem. My girlfriend has tremendous problems winking one eye at a time, and raising her eyebrows one at a time, as well as being unable to whistle. I remember as a kid I would practice and practice until I had all these things down pact. But then again, she didn't grow up watching WWE RAW. That People's Eyebrow didn't motivate her...

RocksEyebrow.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom