• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It is kinda hard to clean, but we have been using towel and cleaning spray meant for dog wounds that we got from the vet, sometimes moisturized piece of tissue ( I really don't know how to describe it), also I don't often watch the process, since it disgusting. It often creates big scrap when it has been emptied, so it's kinda safe from bacteria and stuff.
And we know it's propably not caused by food, since it appeared after we got him his vaccines adn the vet who gave the vaccine shot it in the wrong spot, causing the interstitial fluids to gather to same spot and rasie his skin, creating the abscess. Although our dog is really picky about his current food, he often (which I mean always) push most of the food over the bowl border and he eats only certain kind from dog cereals.

Cleaning spray sounds like it's Saline solution with a bit of iodine in it (closest i can think of) this is good. Now the ahh somewhat gross question are you letting the dog get at it as in lick it? Also do you keep the wounded area open or covered?

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Cleaning spray sounds like it's Saline solution with a bit of iodine in it (closest i can think of) this is good. Now the ahh somewhat gross question are you letting the dog get at it as in lick it? Also do you keep the wounded area open or covered?
I recommend cleaning the wound by sucking the pus out with your mouth. It's how I clean all of my wounds.

He can't directly lick it, since it' s kinda low in the neck, but he usually try to scratch it an then lick the paw. We are trying to stop it from doing that, but it's propably itchy, so I kinda understand the scratching. Currently the it's open, it had a scrap, but it dropped off. The wound is in kinda bad spot, because it's on edge where those plastic tube thingys that you get from the vet would be and we don't really know what else to use to cover it.
Sucking the pus from that wound sounds really gross, since it's sometimes bloody and all slimy. It also fly when he shakes himself, ending up in wall and floor. I'm pretty sure no one in my family would do that voluntarily.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Sounds like it's an infected Abscess, which is really not good. Hmm i think a good method is to wash the wound then bind it with a strong material the dog can't eat. (i'm well familiar with how dogs eat their cones unfortunately) The binding should hopefully stop the seep and give it time to actually heal a bit. Also the Binding will compress the wound better than a human can which will draw more of the gross crap. Also as much as i really don't want to say it. Sometimes Salt water can aid. Yea your dogs gonna hate you but if i remember right Salt water works quite nicely on close wounds.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Sounds like it's an infected Abscess, which is really not good. Hmm i think a good method is to wash the wound then bind it with a strong material the dog can't eat. (i'm well familiar with how dogs eat their cones unfortunately) The binding should hopefully stop the seep and give it time to actually heal a bit. Also the Binding will compress the wound better than a human can which will draw more of the gross crap. Also as much as i really don't want to say it. Sometimes Salt water can aid. Yea your dogs gonna hate you but if i remember right Salt water works quite nicely on close wounds.

Yeah, my dad put a binding to it and now it no longer can scratch it. I hope he gets better now. Thanks for your tips and help, I really appreciate them. I have never had a long converstation with anyone, so maybe this helps me social side too :)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah, my dad put a binding to it and now it no longer can scratch it. I hope he gets better now. Thanks for your tips and help, I really appreciate them. I have never had a long converstation with anyone, so maybe this helps me social side too :)

No worries ^^, i love animals and i hate seeing any pet suffer. I lost several dogs to things such as cancer or in the case of one her back legs and lower body just stopped working for her. Pets are some of the greatest things to have by your side but each time one dies they take a bit of you with them.

Dan

A more defensive stance may be in order.
JrzhZSn.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom