• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I'm really worried about my dog. It has this disgusting abscess full of interstitial fluids on right side of his neck. It has been growing bigger and bigger, my parents are trying to empty it, but it always grows and fills up back again. It bleeds often blood and those fluids, and it just looks really uncomfortale for him. He can't scratch right side of the neck because of that and he often throws his head around because it feels bad. But we can't take him to vet and remove it, because our dog is old already (about 11) so it would be a massive risk to put him to sleep during the operation, because thee is chance that he won't wake up from it. He is in pretty good condition otherwise, maybe little deaf, but still. It just feels so bad to look at him and see taht he's not feeling confortable and there is nothing we can do to make him feel better.

Take him to a vet anyway. I know it's hard, but you should give him an actual chance in my opinion. Better than to just let him suffer.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm really worried about my dog. It has this disgusting abscess full of interstitial fluids on right side of his neck. It has been growing bigger and bigger, my parents are trying to empty it, but it always grows and fills up back again. It bleeds often blood and those fluids, and it just looks really uncomfortale for him. He can't scratch right side of the neck because of that and he often throws his head around because it feels bad. But we can't take him to vet and remove it, because our dog is old already (about 11) so it would be a massive risk to put him to sleep during the operation, because thee is chance that he won't wake up from it. He is in pretty good condition otherwise, maybe little deaf, but still. It just feels so bad to look at him and see taht he's not feeling confortable and there is nothing we can do to make him feel better.

If that becomes infected which is very likely if that abscess remains it will be gambling with his life also. I would recommend taking him to the vet as soon as possible.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
If that becomes infected which is very likely if that abscess remains it will be gambling with his life also. I would recommend taking him to the vet as soon as possible.

We have take him to vet, but vet said that there is not that they can do to it, unless they do surgery. But surgery is big risk for dog in that age, and he doesn't have any other problems, so we really don't want to take the risk of him dying to surgery. And vet also didn't recommed surgery for same reasons. Vet just said it is best to try emtying it regurlarly, which we have been doing, but lately it has grown very fast every time we fill it. It didn't fill up so fast and it was very small for long time, so long it fact that fur started to grow back there, but one day it just came back. We really are in a loss with this situation, because my dad is having finacial problems and my mother is working a lot, so it's reaaly tough situation. :(

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
We have take him to vet, but vet said that there is not that they can do to it, unless they do surgery. But surgery is big risk for dog in that age, and he doesn't have any other problems, so we really don't want to take the risk of him dying to surgery. And vet also didn't recommed surgery for same reasons. Vet just said it is best to try emtying it regurlarly, which we have been doing, but lately it has grown very fast every time we fill it. It didn't fill up so fast and it was very small for long time, so long it fact that fur started to grow back there, but one day it just came back. We really are in a loss with this situation, because my dad is having finacial problems and my mother is working a lot, so it's reaaly tough situation. :(

Out of curiosity how are you cleaning the wound? Also change up the dogs food a bit, sometimes the food can also cause this. Yes i am serious. Some aren't all that good for dogs and i am referring to dog food.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Out of curiosity how are you cleaning the wound? Also change up the dogs food a bit, sometimes the food can also cause this. Yes i am serious. Some aren't all that good for dogs and i am referring to dog food.

It is kinda hard to clean, but we have been using towel and cleaning spray meant for dog wounds that we got from the vet, sometimes moisturized piece of tissue ( I really don't know how to describe it), also I don't often watch the process, since it disgusting. It often creates big scrap when it has been emptied, so it's kinda safe from bacteria and stuff.
And we know it's propably not caused by food, since it appeared after we got him his vaccines adn the vet who gave the vaccine shot it in the wrong spot, causing the interstitial fluids to gather to same spot and rasie his skin, creating the abscess. Although our dog is really picky about his current food, he often (which I mean always) push most of the food over the bowl border and he eats only certain kind from dog cereals.

Dan

Sorry to hear all that. I hope the situation for you all turns a little more positive soon. :(

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I recommend cleaning the wound by sucking the pus out with your mouth. It's how I clean all of my wounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom