• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda U: Link is Aryll?

Spirit here with another ludicrous Zelda U theory.

So, Link looks a little different this time around. He looks skinnier, and this is perhaps the youngest mature/adult Link we've seen (unless he is just really athletic to keep that thin frame.)

But i'll admit, he does look a little feminine and people are saying right now after Aonuma's comment that the Link we saw could be a girl... namely Zelda, or simply a female Link. His bright blue eyes, feminine frame (despite the lack of a chest but hey, remember Sheik?) we don't hear his voice either and he has a ponytail... the last one bugs me because i know plenty of guys with ponytails but nevermind.

What still interests me the most about the Link we saw in the Zelda U trailer was his clothes. They're practically Link's Wind Waker pyjamas/second quest outfit. This really can't just be bold reference, i think it means something (because who ever thought the red bird insignia on the Hylian shield would come to mean as much as it did, right?) So it isn't wholly dense to think that Link U's outfit is an important factor.

I still think the game will bridge OoT and WW even if it isn't VotF, but because of his garb i also think that this Link, if it isn't Link and if it is a girl, could be Aryll, Link's sister from Wind Waker.

Now, like Granny, Aryll was a once only character, she hasn't really been seen outside of WW itself but that doesn't mean she can't come back. We didn't see Linebeck in WW but he was prominent in the sequels. Aryll could have a story of her own to tell with another 'version' of her in the past before WW. Her being Link's sister may mean something, if that is the capacity in which she returns.

Both blonde, both got the same dress sense, the Zelda U trailer, in my head shows off the world beneath the Great Sea of WW&PH even if the VotF story doesn't and won't exist i still think its going to be what Hyrule was before the flood. And to me, as an OoT-WW bridge a female character who isn't Link would be really well suited to be Aryll.

"But she doesn't look a thing like Link!? How could she grow up to look like Link?"

Well, we last saw her in WW and with that chibi art style we got in WW it was hard to tell what anyone would actually look like in proper proportions. I don't think it wholly daft to assume that in a game with a different artstyle, where character models are more detailed that between Aryll and Link thered be a... family resemblance.

Well, hope you enjoyed another completely wrong Spirit Theory.

EDIT:

Oh, well... okay then.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/12/aonuma-denies-female-link-rumours-says-it-was-all-in-jest/

You owe me an Aryll game, Aonuma.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Would have been an interesting theory if it wasn't for that confirmation which conveniently happened on the same day as it was posted, lol.

Fig

The Altruist
Yea, Mr. Aonuma just confirmed that was indeed Link we saw in the trailer for Zelda U. He simply was joking around that since he didn't say it was Link and people started saying it was really Link, that was when he decided to have his moment of fun. Nice to see that he has a nice sense of humor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom