• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Time Line Split Effects of Power, Wisdom and Courage from Ocarina of Time.

B

B1gG3z

This is just a Theory i have but in the legend of Zelda timeline split, the three chronological histories that stem from the game Ocarina of Time are the stories of Power, Wisdom and Courage:

Ganondorf - he has killed Link collected the triforce, eventually defeated by Zelda and her army combined with her powers she sealed him away, since his victory and minor defeat/set back from Zelda, he returns each time to the world with his 'Power' though each time his mind and body keep becoming more demonic through his corruption and eventually he goes insane and is known as Ganon he later returned in the first game 'Legend of Zelda' whole but could only take the shape as Ganon, this could be because he was only able to defeat Link as Ganon and using the Triforce of Power he left his old body behind and became demonic and is now stuck this way, trading Power and brute strength for intelligence, cunning and human form.

(Link to the past, oracle of Ages/seasons, Links awakening, the legend of Zeld and finally the adventures of Link)

Zelda - her effect on the timeline is that through her "Wisdom" she gives Link the seven years she basically stole from him back, allowing him to change the past when he first got involved so he could make a difference as a child before the world is burned down by Ganondorf and allowing him to stop Majora's mask and we also have Gandorf on trial in the Twilight Princess.

(Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Four Swords Adventures)

Link - through Links 'Courage' he was able to defeat Ganondorf/Ganon in the future, the future world told the stories of his heroic (courageous) deeds of the Hero of time, when Ganondorf returned people prayed for Links return through time but since this future world was closed off from him, it was up to a descendant of his to set things right.

(Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks).

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I have to say, this is a pretty good theory for the split, but I'm not sure whether it was intentional. It's a cool way to look at it and it's by no means wrong, I guess it's just down to how you interpret it. I think that your theory is definitely valid and it may have well been the Big N's intention, I don't know. You've backed it up well, maybe we might hear more in the future..

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Here's why I don't like this theory. A very similar theory has been proposed by another member, except his Wisdom and Courage timelines are reversed. I argued that the pattern he observed was far from solid, pointing out weaknesses that would lead to your theory as an alternative. The fact that two different people came up with two conflicting versions of the same theory solidifies my point. It's an interesting observation, sure, but it doesn't speak to some underlying cosmological force in the Zelda multiverse.

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I seem to remember this coming to me before as well, that each split could be which fragment of the Triforce triumphed in that version of events. I don't know whether it was intentional or not, but as has been said, it's a neat way to look at things. Personally, I would be surprised if this hadn't occurred to the games creators at some point. However, as I also kind of subscribe to the Tetraforce theory, this doesn't work- unless, as I suspect may come true one day, SS also splits the timeline, maybe creating an entirely new line from the one that led to OoT.
I could explain why I think SS might split the timeline at length, but I will do that in another thread when I have given this some proper thought into how I could explain it clearly. However, if I link the basic idea of a separate timeline to your idea about the Triforce pieces, it could be that the other timeline would be the one where the Triforce is unbroken. As agreeing with your theory would basically mean that the splitting of the Triforce is the cause in the split of time and timeline.

But very good observation anyway, though I agree with Locke that the courage and wisdom lines are easily switchable; maybe because don't know enough about Wisdom? I always thought that the MM line is the one that seems most influenced by Wisdom, as MM is messing with the psyche, not just physical battles.

Personally, I attribute Courage to Child and Wisdom to Adult mainly because I see each timeline as a semi-fulfilment of the wishes of the avatar that Triforce piece.
Decline = Power = Ganon "wins". Ganon gets his wish by becoming a powerful pig demon and defeating the other two, at least for a bit. He gets sealed away, but just keeps coming back over and over again.
Child = Courage = Link wins. He gets his lost years back and gets to go search for Navi.
Adult = Wisdom = Zelda wins. She finally gets some semblance of agency (at least occaisionally) through her alter-egos of Sheik and Tetra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom