• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Informer Has Took A Nosedive in My Opinion

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Okay: so I may as well put in in the suggestions and feedback, since ZD is a part of ZI....

But man does Zelda Informer suck right now.

There is no fun speculation, no amazing editorials, no cool topics, nor has Daily Debate been frequent enough.

Not to mention, the topics that do happen are often times complete garbage. I get the fact that ZeldaInformer is by the fans, for the fans.... But if I see another "Fan has created a guitar cover of "X" Zelda song", I feel like tossing my laptop out of the window of my 12 story building. Leave these uninteresting fan works for ZD's Fan section. Unless something really high quality comes along such as: Zelda Reorchestrated, a high quality Zelda fan game, or something of similar caliber. It should not be on the page. It clogs up ZeldaInformer with needless fluff

There are no original analysis of Zelda games anymore: Zelda Informer only relies on Youtubers to that of Zeltik, CommonWealth, Macintyre, and GameXplain with articles being "fan made theory surfaces with Breath of the Wild". These articles do almost nothing to further along the discussion, and they frankly feel lazy. I remember that during Skyward Sword's launch time, there were theories everywhere, and brilliant editorials and a place where you can get all of the information you will ever need for the game. Breath of the Wild feels like: "oh hey, some YouTuber did a video, go check that out instead of coming to ZeldaInformer and actually reading content". This is not an insult to these Youtubers, of which I have great respect and admiration for. This is just really bad journalism, and it pains me to see this. If I wanted to see videos on fan theories, covers, and the like. I would go to, I don't know, YouTube? That's what it's for right?

If I go to Zelda Informer, I want to read the latest news. I want to read theories by ZI writers and editors. I want to see discussions Breath of the Wild. This isn't happening.

Not only that, but Zelda Informer can be ridiculously slow with news actually pertaining to Zelda.

I know I'm likely not the only one, as activity in the comments section is almost more barren than @DARK MASTER's love life. I am willing to bet general activity as well is in the ****ter as well.

It should not be this way. We are approaching the release of the biggest Zelda game ever created. Activity should be at an all time high, not at an all time low. This is because Zelda Informer isn't what it once was.

Do you ZDIers agree? Do you think that something really needs to change.

I have come to the point where I solely use Nintendo Everything for all my Zelda news(plus extra stuff), and I will occasionally go to Zelda Informer for pity views.

Last edited:

Burgerson

Site Staff
Hey OP. I'm fairly new to the ZI team but I was brought on as an original content creator to help bring new and interesting content to the site. primarily my focus is video and I try to put out a new piece twice a month. We do original analysis, and some theories, as well as some editorial bits and a discussion podcast on the channel. Maybe consider subscribing on youtube to the ZI channel and see if anything strikes your fancy there? Cheers.

FrozenDragon

Relatively Quirky
No offense intended, OP; but while your intentions probably aren't hostile, your overall tone and phrasing don't really express it in a proper manner.

Giving constructive criticism can help a website, yes, but one also has to make sure to express this criticism in a civilized and friendly manner, saying stuff like "X sucks" or "X is complete garbage" would generally demoralize and/or anger whoever it's about, thus failing to help anyone.

Just my 2 cents, having a nicer approach would do wonders :)

Tibari

Rinkuji
Now, with all these youtubers who explain and analyse pretty well, why trying to analyse zelda news since 4 or 5 people did it in a more attractive way (videos)?

Recently they wanted to "hire" new redactors, I wanted to join but I was considering "What will I be able to talk about? Zelda news, everyone does it already. Zelda theories, youtubers. Zelda analysis, youtubers. Zelda debates, this forum do it pretty well and there is ZI podcast and (not)daily debate. Even Zelda music and remixes are already taken. I think they cover pretty much everything and provide a lot of news each day, even though the articles are just reposts of videos or talking about a picture / rumor / leak / etc. I like long and well written articles, but I also like when I can find some new articles nearly each hour.

No offense intended, OP; but while your intentions probably aren't hostile, your overall tone and phrasing don't really express it in a proper manner.

Giving constructive criticism can help a website, yes, but one also has to make sure to express this criticism in a civilized and friendly manner, saying stuff like "X sucks" or "X is complete garbage" would generally demoralize and/or anger whoever it's about, thus failing to help anyone.

Just my 2 cents, having a nicer approach would do wonders :)

What are you talking about? His post was constructive criticism, how was it not 'civilized'....

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
No idea why the **** Mases bought the site to begin with. Positive most of Mases' profits still come from the walk throughs. I agree that having multiple sites is silly and a main page of news and **** on a Zelda site will always be boring and pointless. There's thousands of gaming news sites anyway.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I agree it has taken a nosedive. I used to go to ZI for all the latest info but there is hardly any PROPER news there now. As you have said it is mainly fan content, some of which is excellent but I don't see why some of the mediocre stuff needs to be featured on there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom