• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Very First Computer

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
When I was born I believe there was an Apple Lisa in the house. But the first system I spent a lot of time on was the Commadore Amiga 500; a beautiful 32-bit machine with badass music and graphics. When Nintendo came out, it could never compare.

My first PC was a Win95 system with 16 MB RAM I believe with a 2 GB HDD. I remember it being a big deal taking it up to 128 MB and getting a video card to play Grim Fandango.

My first Mac was a PowerPC with color graphics that I got at a garage sale. Based on the my observation of the machine I'd say as old as early 90's but definately no where near the imac-late 90's era. It had Dino Park Tycoon on it so I was a happy camper.

Word! 'Was my first computer, too. I loved the Microsoft Encarta that came with it. Oh, and it came with Journeyman Project Turbo, too... which was awesome

I love the Journeyman Project Trilogy in general. And you should look into the Jouryman Project Turbo remake called "Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime" which was for the mac and made with Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time's graphics and actors.

Last edited:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I believe the first computer in my home was a giant white box know as Windows '98. I can't remember any of the specs, just the many hours of playing random computer games.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
Gosh, I don't even remember the first family computer, but it was probably '95. Don't remember the RAM or whatever, only played games like Pajama Sam on it lol
My first personal computer was a 2009(?) Acer model with a built in nVIDIA graphics card, and like nearly 200 hundred GB total. Oh yeah and it broke. Twice. Never trust used computers when you're in Thailand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom