• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Thoughts Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

Hi there Pokéfan!

So as everybody know, the settlement in the fanchise Pokémon Black & White 2 is out. And i would like you people ( yes you who is reading right now!) to give your mind on these two new games.
What do you like in the game? What are your least favorite things? What should have been add? Would you change some features of the game if possible? Do you think these versions were not needed? Or is it your new favorite Pokémon game?

And a random question just for me ^^ : Is it possible to transfer/trade Pokémon from Soul Silver to Black 2/ White 2?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It's a bit too early to give my full opinion on the game. In fact, I haven't even finished it yet. So far, it isn't half bad. I wouldn't say I'm in love with it, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate it. I like some of the new cities, and the new Team Plasma. Not too much to say yet...

I think that Black and White 2 became my favorite Pokemon games, honestly. With Pokemon from each generation, plus wild Riolus and Eevees, it's just a masterpiece.

I've only played White 2 so far, but I guess what I will say about it will apply to Black 2 as well. I personally think it is way better then Black and White in so many ways, and when played with the Dream Radar really makes of the game(s) very enjoyable to play. Also with so many Pokémon to catch with dream world abilities and the fact that the Move tutors are back makes Black and White 2 the best Pokémon games I have ever played.

And as for your question about trading between Soulsilver and Black and white 2, I'm afraid you have to use the Poké transfer since you are jumping from one Gen to another.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In my opinion, BW2 feel very tired and old. This wouldn't be a bad thing had my personal favorite Pokemon been available from the get go, but they're not.

Aside from love for Chikorita and Pidgeotto, my main problem in BW2 is that everything for the most part has already been done before, with nothing new to differentiate itself from past games. The same ol' story since Gen 1. Worst Pokemon designs since Gen 3 (IMO; didn't care for the designs of Gen 3 Pokemon, had a strong distaste for a lot of Gen IV, and Gen V is just terrible). Same battle system with hardly any new additions at all, and what new additions are concepts I've dealt with in hacks from way back in the days of FireRed/LeafGreen.

See, it's just hard for me to praise BW2 because they only do what has been done before long ago with Pokemon Red and Green. It was spectacular in Gen I and II, but by the time Gen III hit, things got noticebly stale and eventually just worn out by the time of Gen V. :/

I finished the game (White 2) a few days ago, overall, I would say the experience is not quite as deep as the original Black and White, but those were spectacular as far as I am concerned. As far as designs go, I personally like them, having just started into the series in generation III, I don't any nostalgia from the old designs and frankly they seem a bit plain and boring.

I enjoy the large amount of content within the new games, new features such as Medals, Habitat list, and all the extra post-game content make up for the lack of depth that its predecessors had. I really enjoyed the Memory link feature, as it made the games feel a lot more personal as a sequel. I have yet to try out the multiplier content as my peer group has, for the most part, yet to get the game, but I assume it is not much different from the originals, save for the ability to transfer "Keys" and other such things.

Although they don't do too much differently from there predecessors, my views on the Pokémon series have always been "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", plus I only really expect big changes to happen during the generational shifts. If I had to give it a standard rating, I would give it an 85%, I enjoy them, and continue to explore and discover new areas and features, yet I just cant love them the same as I did their direct predecessors, which were solid gold in my eyes.

For me the game is alright. I thought it was getting better but i am at the Black Kyurem part and i feel that the climax actually suffered cuz of desicions the developers made to the game. B W had a better climax but oh well it is still good.

G

Golden

I'm so under-leveled, so I'm having great difficulties at Elesa's gym. Going on random routes and training...

It's a pretty good game so far, but I never experienced an Unova game before, but it definitely lived up to my expectations.

S

SkywardSword596

I like rating a game by how much obtainable non-legendaries there are (not including out-of-game events), and so far, black 2 and white 2 does not disappoint. I get to bring back some of my all-time favorites (JEDI MASTER LUCARIO) and some of black and whites awesome guys as well. I have to say though, if anyone wants any free advice, its that when u go to virbank gym, bring two things: a lv. 15 magnemite and a video camera to record its rampage

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
After finally completing Pokémon White 2 I've prepared my analysis. I can easily say that I much more preferred the original Black and White over Black 2 and White 2.

The sequel to the original games was obviously rushed. Even though it may have took me some time to finish the game, that's because I got bored of it easily. I got so many badges in one day; it was ridiculous. Not only that, but there was almost no story at all. Sure, you have N and Ghetsis along with the new and old Team Plasma, yeah, that's great. Except the plot was so very little, you could barely tell it was there. Don't get me wrong, I loved some of the designs in B2/W2 more than B/W, but designs mean nothing. The original had a lot more content as far as the story goes, so I was fairly disappointed as to what the sequel had to offer.

Moving along now, I will admit that B2/W2 did fairly well for a sequel. As I previously stated, the designs were fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed them. As I said in another thread, I also liked how many characters made their return instead of being completely erased from the game (Ex: Lenora was a previous gym leader, but they kept her in the game anyways). I was also happy to see that I had a single rival this time. I was a little annoyed that I had two rivals last time, so this was a definite plus for me. I also liked some of the animations, pretty badass if you ask me.

In my opinion, BW2 feel very tired and old. This wouldn't be a bad thing had my personal favorite Pokemon been available from the get go, but they're not.

Aside from love for Chikorita and Pidgeotto, my main problem in BW2 is that everything for the most part has already been done before, with nothing new to differentiate itself from past games. The same ol' story since Gen 1. Worst Pokemon designs since Gen 3 (IMO; didn't care for the designs of Gen 3 Pokemon, had a strong distaste for a lot of Gen IV, and Gen V is just terrible). Same battle system with hardly any new additions at all, and what new additions are concepts I've dealt with in hacks from way back in the days of FireRed/LeafGreen.

See, it's just hard for me to praise BW2 because they only do what has been done before long ago with Pokemon Red and Green. It was spectacular in Gen I and II, but by the time Gen III hit, things got noticebly stale and eventually just worn out by the time of Gen V. :/

Your opinion is 10x more tired and old than Black & White 2 will ever be. (And I sincerely doubt you've ever touched a copy of the game.)

Your post showed absolutely zero knowledge about the games where not a single thing about B/W2 was mentioned. Instead, you felt the need to generalize the entire series to the utmost pinnacle and quitessence of idiocy that has been ever shown on this website. Your "opinion" (Even calling it an opinion is an insult to the word) is bad and you should feel bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom