• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your hopes and goals for 2017

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The reason I'm not calling this thread 'New Years Resolutions 2017' is because I don't personally have any new years resolutions and I know quite a few dont make them. For me it is because I haven't put off striving for a new goal until a particular date just because some tradition says I should set one on the first of a new year.

Soon my gyms (Yes I go to two different gyms because it makes you twice as buff) are to be flooded with people who are going to quit in four weeks time, many will have been saying for months that they need to get fit but in my view, most who are making excuses such as 'Oh, I'll wait for the new year', don't have their hearts in it whether it be a fitness goal or perhaps giving up the booze or the mentats. That said, at least it is a start and whilst many will not achieve their goals, there are those few who will. Still. Hearing someone using delay tactics all the time can get incredibly annoying and I wish more people would just get on with their goals when they actually can rather than putting them off.

Anyway. As the official best thread maker of 2016 (soon to retire from the business as a hero and inspiration to new up and coming generation of thread makers) I wanted to make a special thread in which every forum dweller should have something to say. I want to know what your hopes and goals are for the next 12 months. Is there something you are hoping to achieve in the new year, or perhaps there a new journey you intend to embark on that will take you even beyond 2017?

Misty

Ronin
I have a goal to give up soda completely.
I have a goal to rededicate myself to learning Japanese.
I have a goal to start working out by horseback riding and learning a martial art.
I have a goal to convince my mum and papa to go volunteer abroad during the summer as a family.
I have a goal to read Infinite Jest.

Reactions: Dio
As the official best thread maker of 2016 (soon to retire from the business as a hero and inspiration to new up and coming generation of thread makers)

Hahahahaha.... new generation of thread makers. You know it'll be you, me and maybe two (three if we're lucky) others.

No plans for the new year. Life is in my way too much to be productive in my personal life so i wont get very far there (but you never know). I just want to try and have a good year, tbis year is ending okay for me; new girlfriend, stable(ish) health and a permy full time job to keep me afloat. If 2017 continues with the way things are now then i'll be happy. Plus added Zelda will be nice.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I mostly hope that 2017 turns out to be a better year than 2016. This past year was one of the roughest ones for me so far.
I would like to get back into some of the things I used to enjoy more, like writing, cooking, and reading. Maybe also try to find something new to be passionate about.
Experiencing new things is always a goal/hope I have for the new year as well, especially since it's something super easy to do.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
My new years resolution is to catch up on my backlog of Chinese cartoons

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't really do setting new goals on new years day either because *bull**** klaxon* but I do hope that from here on (and not just for 2017) I will:

• Write more
  • Have fun
  • Adventure

Pen

The game is on!
First of all I wanna get my new apartment nice and neat. There's still a bunch of moving boxes here that I need to unpack and stuff. I also wanna keep on writing and making a lot of music. I've got a comic book project going with a friend of mine and I'd like to get further with that. Overall I guess I just wanna stay creative and keep on doing the things that I enjoy. There really isn't a lot more than that. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't really have a lot planned for next year. Mains ones for me are:

Getting a better job

Going off to visit Japan with my friends and working on learning the language so when I do get there I can converse with the people.

Improving my lifts in the gym

Oh and most importantly winning more golden Key awards

Raven Storm

Paint the world black and grey
To be-rid this rotting tooth of mine and find some more 'normal' friends.
I know being odd is a gift, but some people just take it too far imo.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hopes:
I get a raise, or a better job. Also I get really good video games to play.

Goals:
Do better in school, take out 100k (one hundred thousand) dollars in student loan debt and spend it on absolutely nothing related to school thereby ****ing over the USA school system. Learn how to shoot a gun, buy my first gun. Get approved for several credit cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom