• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Worst kinds of Korok puzzles

I bet the Koroks never thought they'd be this famous after Wind Waker...

So BotW has 900 Korok seeds and a few of you are going after them rather than being content with the ones you find or stopping after you've filled your inventory.

The Korok seeds are gained in several different ways from picking up rocks to shooting balloons.

Some puzzles are less stressful than others and some are just downright irritating.

Which are your least favourite korok puzzles?

Mine personally are those ones where you have to throw a stone into a circle of rocks which are usually in water. I just dont like those, most cant be done with a simple throw meaning you have to use stasis and its such a pain to get right.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I use cryonis for those. not failed yet :P

But yeah biggest ones i hate are the acorns, damn it's hard to see them if you're just casually looking.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The hidden balloons is probably the one I like the least. I'm fine with the appearing moving balloons, but where you just find the windmill and nothing is popping up in front of you, so you have to examine your surrounding to excruciating detail to find that one balloon that is mostly hidden behind something, that is the most annoying one for me. It is especially annoying in heavily forested areas and just takes the fun out of it.

At least with the rock rings you know where the puzzle is, how to solve it, it's just about finding the right angle to throw the rocks. It sucks to fail it, but you can go back to it.

Runner ups are the acorns/rocks in trees. Just because I don't want to examine and climb every single tree I find. Some of the rocks in trees can be found through scanning with stasis, but again in heavily forested areas you don't always get the right angle.

In general, most Korok stuff in heavily forested areas are annoying to do. They are extra hard to spot, there are just so many elements they can hide among. I can enjoy chasing a flower or doing the ascending flower order puzzles when they are out in the open, same with balloons, and so forth. But I don't like looking for it in heavily forested areas because of all the extra hiding places it provides.

Which are your least favourite korok puzzles?
One specific one. Where I had to jump off a waterfall into a circle of plants in the water. usually they are easy as, but this one had one more element to deal with. Wind. Made landing this a total pain. Very annoying. Took me about 20 minutes of attempts to get.

Honourable mention - I also don't like the 3 trees korok seed challenges. They are easy to do sure but if you mess it up and don't save before hand, you have to wait ages for the fruit to respawn on the trees again properly. I screwed up one and it only respawned properly again like a week (real time) later, about 3-4 weeks (approx) game time. So very annoying. So anytime you thinky ou have found a 3 trees korok puzzle, SAVE before you try it.

One specific one. Where I had to jump off a waterfall into a circle of plants in the water. usually they are easy as, but this one had one more element to deal with. Wind. Made landing this a total pain. Very annoying. Took me about 20 minutes of attempts to get.

Honourable mention - I also don't like the 3 trees korok seed challenges. They are easy to do sure but if you mess it up and don't save before hand, you have to wait ages for the fruit to respawn on the trees again properly. I screwed up one and it only respawned properly again like a week (real time) later, about 3-4 weeks (approx) game time. So very annoying. So anytime you thinky ou have found a 3 trees korok puzzle, SAVE before you try it.

Ooohhhhh yeah. That waterfall near Hateno, off to the left as you approach? I know the one, took me about 5 attempts and i was gonna give up on my final attempt but i got it.

Hate the tree ones too. I swear ive matched them up right and nothing has happened.

A couple of the checkpoint race ones were annoying for me... no matter how fast I went I just couldn't make it in time... had to come back later once I'd got additional items (speed increasing gear, Revali's Gale, etc.).
Also... shooting ones where the target was really far away... you really need a long-range bow to reach them, but I always struggled through with a regular one... I remember one in particular was so far away that I had to aim so high that the target was off the bottom of the screen (still managed it though).
Aside from that I didn't really have much trouble with the sort of ones that others have been mentioning... although I did have a habit of saving very frequently, so resetting if needed wasn't a problem.

Oh... and a bit of advice... do not attempt to do one of the three trees ones during a thunder storm... I found out the hard way that those trees have a habit of being hit by lightning.

A couple of the checkpoint race ones were annoying for me... no matter how fast I went I just couldn't make it in time... had to come back later once I'd got additional items (speed increasing gear, Revali's Gale, etc.).
I think that's intentional. I know there's one for me I need to swim up a waterfall to make it in time. When I get that ability I will be able to do it.

Oh... and a bit of advice... do not attempt to do one of the three trees ones during a thunder storm... I found out the hard way that those trees have a habit of being hit by lightning.
This is very good advice indeed.

RTW

There's a super fast checkpoint one in the Hebra Mountains where you have to shield surf across the top of the mountains in no time at all but (a) you can't actually see where you're going and (b) it's on the far edge of the map and if you fall it's a hell of a climb back up.

There's a super fast checkpoint one in the Hebra Mountains where you have to shield surf across the top of the mountains in no time at all but (a) you can't actually see where you're going and (b) it's on the far edge of the map and if you fall it's a hell of a climb back up.
Save before you do it so if you fail all you need is to reload the save and try again. Much quicker that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom