• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will we see Zelda at e3 2017?

It may not feel like it but we've had a strong flow of Zelda games over the last few years. True, most of them are remakes such as OoT & MM3D, WW & TPHD (and ALBW deserves at least half a mention there).

We got Tri Force Heroes and then eventually Breath of the Wild. Not a bad run, the series elite have been realised on moderb consoles for all of us to enjoy and the only one we can really take issue with for being crap or pointless is TFH (though i will say ALBW had a little taste of lazy to it).

After such a good run, Nintendo have barely any games left to remake. SSHD will happen, especially with the joy cons being a thing, but that'll be theast 3D game (we'll see BoTW again in ten years) for now. They'd only have 2D games left and Aonuma has recently said he wants to evolve the 2D side of Zelda as he did the 3D side with BotW.

We'll potentially see less Zelda games over the next couple of years simply because the remake well is dry.

So we're left with original games... but when will we see them?

Is there potential for Zelda to be at e3 2017?

I think we'll hear something but I imagine it'll be the summer DLC release date and new amiibo (since those cheeky dataminers and the botw guide kind of ruined that surprise)

We may see SSHD too but i dont think we'll see anything original for some time.

Do you think we'll see Zelda at e3 2017? Will it be a new 2D title for the 3ds? Will it be DLC and amiibo? SSHD? Or perhaps another outsourced title like Hyruke Warriors?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I doubt we'll get anything new. SSHD would be.... Idk how I feel about that being a thing, it doesn't feel like it could use one yet, but I would still probably buy it. If we get anything about Zelda games I hope it's a teaser for something they're working on. Like you said about him wanting to evolve the 2D side of Zelda, I'm wondering if we'll get a teaser for that. Honestly I prefer 3D over 2D and 2.5D but that doesn't mean those games are bad. If we get a teaser at a new 2.5D Zelda game that uses Switch technology to it's potential, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think we'll probably get more information regarding the DLC and Amiibo in BotW, but I don't think they'll do much Zelda related stuff apart from that. Perhaps they'll hint towards working on a new game, but they wouldn't show screenshots or concepts of a new game so soon after the release of BotW.

That having been said, however, it's not to say I wouldn't be overjoyed if they showed us a new game. In particular, I'd love to have another game like ALBW, but I doubt we'll see anything like that as early as E3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom