• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes Will this game strengthen the Zelda brand or weaken it?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I can see why some may be excited. The more the merrier. There will be some people who love this game, and more choices for the consumer is a good thing.

But from an artistic point of view, I'm a minimalist. And I see quality over quantity. In a series of 17 games, we don't need a bushel of additional titles as much as we need quality control.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I don't think this will be a game that will be talked about for years to come, but it's a sign that Nintendo is willing to try something new. The Four Swords multiplayer comparison is obvious. In terms of harkening back to something new, Tri Force Heroes also draws parallels with Phantom Hourglass's online mode. In an E3 that people will remember as lazy and uninspired from Nintendo, this game at least manages to stand out.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think it will do neither. This is simply a game that they threw together A: For Zelda fans to play with friends and B: To bridge the gap between now and the eventual release of Zelda U. It's (presumably) not a main series game that is in the same continuity as games like ALttP and OoT, it's a side game that players can play if they wish without it having any real impact on the series as a whole. I don't think it's going to make or break the Zelda series. Though I'm not overly interested in it, I'll pick it up anyway, and regardless of my opinion on the game, I'll still be a Zelda fan after completing it.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It will have about as much impact as Link's Crossbow Training. So, none at all; neither positive or negative impact. There's nothing wrong with making a short title that uses recycled assets while still managing to be fun in order to fill the gap between bigger games. I say enjoy it while you can, otherwise just forget about it.

I don't think its going to do anything to the brand, weaken it or strengthen it.

To me its going to be a game that releases, I play, and then don't touch again for months or even years to come.

There are some Zelda games i don't want to go back to ALBW was one of them and while TH is bringing back multiplayer which will be easier to use now thanks to wifi and while the Totem mechanic looks to have enough depth to be a little interesting the game as a whole doesn't have me counting the days.

I'll play it and then set it down witht he other games i dont want to go back to like PH, ST, MC, SS and OoX...

Though thanks to wifi and an easier way to use the multiplayer Nintendo might get it into their heads that multiplayer Zelda is a thing that people want... which i dont want to happen because the way Nintendo uses multiplayer in Zelda has always felt cheap and tacky to me, i just don't like the ida of more than one Link in one game, i'd rather other characters but then, of course, everyone would fight over who got to be Link... its just annoying and trite.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
I don't think it will strength or weaken the series as a whole I think this is just a test title to see where Zelda fans are on the scale of playing a multiplayer Zelda game. To me I think it looks like a decent way to approach it however the cheesiness of costumes? Really?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I think it is just a fun little spin off title. I don't think it will really do anything for the series. It is still going to be pretty fun though.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I can see why some may be excited. The more the merrier. There will be some people who love this game, and more choices for the consumer is a good thing.

But from an artistic point of view, I'm a minimalist. And I see quality over quantity. In a series of 17 games, we don't need a bushel of additional titles as much as we need quality control.

The brand has been weakened already from lackluster games. This is just another one to make the minority of great games even smaller amongst the sea of mediocrity.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Every Zelda game could be someone's first Zelda game, so that's why I feel making the best product one can possibly make rather than resting on a spinoff is best.

A series with 18 titles in it can be overwhelming, and I really think if a game isn't vital to a series, it shouldn't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom