• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Will there be any more Hyrule Warriors patches or DLC?

Will there be any more Hyrule Warriors patches or DLC?

What do you think? I don't think so actually. My reasoning is this:

1. This image from the Boss DLC trailer makes me think the thanks for playing is in the past tense. Like "show's over, thanks for playing".

GqPu8dS.jpg

2. Level cap of 255. We all know the Zelda 1 reference there. But that amount really feels like that were aiming for this and that there will be no more levelling up patches.

3. The medal for getting every other medal in game feels so final like that's it, can't be any more medals because that's the one you get from getting them all. Sure they could add more after this but I just feel that this is it.

What do you think? Do you disagree and think there will be more patches and DLC to this game?

It would be nice to have a Skyward Sword DLC with a map (Like what TP and MM got) and the ever-so-popular Groose. But realistically, that's probably it. The future patches would probably be bug fixes and such and that's about it. DLC-wise, we've gotten lots of contents, especially with Adventure mode. And as you've said, since we have the medal where it's requirement is to get every other medal, adding more new medals wouldn't make sense.

Maybe Nintendo might surprise us with more DLCs in the future, or even Hyrule Warriors 2.

I think that is it for the DLC in Hyrule Warriors, unless they decide to continue adding proper costumes and new weapons for characters, that they can keep doing without any problems, but I doubt that will happen. I think realistically we might see a Hyrule Warriors 2 considering how successful it was as a Koei game, and when that arrives, we will definitely see more DLC and updates.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I feel like they have so much unused potential for extra characters....
I'd be pretty upset if it were the last one.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I hope they get a patch that stops big bosses from getting knocked out of the map in Ganon's fury. More Dlc I doubt it. They would probably save any new ideas for a HW2. I can see it happening with the track record. I would love it as long as they pace themselves and make another fanatastic story line.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'm positive there will be more patches. They won't necessarily increase the maximum level or add medals; just basic game stability or small features. I can name some I'd like now:
  • Ability to rearrange weapon skills into any order. It seriously bothers me that after adding my desired skills to my endgame weapons, the Strength+ skills are almost always out of numerical order.
  • Be able to sort weapons. I want to put my better weapons at the top of the list, and weapons in need of grinding near the bottom.
  • After appraising a skill, have the name of the skill stay with the KO count; I don't get why it disappears. I have to keep track with a big Excel document of which weapons skills I've appraised and what they are before I unlock them.
With DLC, it's more up in the air. There could still be some small things like costumes, but I think we're done with new characters, adventure mode maps and such, unfortunately. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

EDIT: Turns out version 1.6.1 has released now. However, it's just game stability. My guess is it either fixed the out-of-bounds issues with Ganon's levels (good!), or removed the 10 million rupee glitch (very bad!).

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
How do you even get the update? For some weird reason, it hasn't even updated despite me setting the automatic updates on.

Usually after you reset the console, it updates when you boot up the game; that always works for me.

http://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/30d1c3/update_161_released/
People there are saying the rupee glitch still works under 1.6.1

As you can see I already posted in the comments there roughly the same time I wrote the post here. :P Thanks for sharing, anyway.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I find I amazing that there's a million dlc for a zelda spinoff game but they won't update pokemon x and y to include the new megas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom