• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Wii U version and Switch version are the same

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
In a recent interview with Eiji Aonuma, he states "In terms of changes and alterations, they were all done in order to ensure the Switch and Wii U versions are offering the same experience. I can definitely say that the two games are the same, and there's absolutely nothing missing in the Wii U version. What I will say, though, is that one small difference is that the loading times are quicker on the Switch. I'm sure that people who play it on that platform, particularly in handheld mode, will be very happy with those shorter loading times."

It looks like the only difference is a few seconds of loading times, is it still worth the switch?

Link to the interview: https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...n-and-breath-of-the-wild-producer-eiji-aonuma

Tibari

Rinkuji
  • Both launch on the same day, March 3.
  • Both have a frame rate of 30fps. (And we have been able to see that the Switch is more efficient to stay at 30fps, less drops)
  • Both versions of the game offer the same content.
  • On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
  • The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.
  • The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive. (And nothing for the Switch since it's a cartridge)
  • Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions. (
  • A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.
Plus the fact that you can play Zelda wherever you want, and you will have the console which will have the next Nintendo games (Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Switch, and more)

Yep, it's worth the Switch. An interview doesn't negate the precedent informations we had ( http://www.idigitaltimes.com/legend...-wii-u-every-difference-and-similarity-579368 )

• The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.

The sound system improvement doesn't seem to be something you could only achieve with a Switch, but wouldn't take a lot of the Wii U's power, right?
I find it odd that it got improved on the Switch version. I could be totally wrong though, not a software engineer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom