• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Termina is Termina?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
*If time just rewinds, then how does Link have his memory of the events that happened in the future?
Because he is protected by the goddess of time.

*Why don't the remains of the bosses and the permanent items and masks go away once he travels back in time?
...I think the Song of Time rewinds time and keeps Link and everything important with him in their current states. That's why you don't find the same permanent items or masks/remains twice in a row. I think the disposable items were either not important enough to go back in time with Link, thus they were lost in time, or simply went away for gameplay purposes.
You answered that question very well. I believe that it is stated in-game that Link is (assisted/synonym) by the (goddess/ocarina) of time. This assistance includes letting him keep the important items he needs to complete his mission.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I've always assumed that Termina's name came from "terminate", which implies that the land will end somehow. It could have been doomed to end in any way, not just the moon falling.

That theory is not possible since it was already confirmed that it is indeed a parallel dimension.
The game manual is no more canon than a fan-fic because they are not made by the people who make the game. In fact, Anouma actually implied that it's not a parallel dimension. Official quotes are also not canon unless they happen in-game.

i did some checking and termina is derived from the word terminus which is a god of boundaries.... So maybe not a parallel dimension but simply a connected dimension. i.e. a parallel dimension has the same origions but different events like everything following OoT but a connected dimension is entirely seprate from the scism and just borders or "terminō"'s hyrule.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
Well, while you guys do have valid arguments and reasoning, i like to believe that Termina isn't even a real place at all, and that it was created by Skull Kid. i believe that since he had Majora's mask, that when he had all those emotions and memories, they created another world similar to hyrule. it would explain the similar characters and events. that being said, it would make it that the godesses had nothing to do with creating or naming it. going by my theory, if Skull kid made the world, he most likely also created the moon, and name, so it could mean that Skull Kid made the world so it could be destroyed, but since him and link both went there at the same time, Link prevented the destruction of Termina(te).

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I think I get what you're saying, but I'd have to agree initialDable it makes more sense since there's in game proof on it. You're theory makes sense since Termina does mean end in several different languages.

I what SS stood for until I saw this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom