• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which operating system?

What Operating System do you use?

• Windows

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Mac

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Linux

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I don't use a desktop operating system

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While Microsoft is being stupid over the last few years windows is still the best OS and it's usually the based for software development so you get everything.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I use Windows 10
Unfortunately
I've had multiple bugs, including a constant menu refresh stemming from of all things a bug in the fingerprint software on my computer (that I wasn't even using, may I add), and having my start and search menus sometimes not work for no apparent reason.
Yeah.

Windows 10 here with the Anniversary Update. The only bug I've actually had is my calculator completely disappeared on me. It was the strangest thing, I'd get an error every time I tried to launch it. But installing the Anniversary Update fixed it... so... I dunno what that was about. :dry:

I myself normally use my laptop, and they've always been Windows (Mac isn't really a thing where I live unless you have a ****ton of money or want to look trendy). My new laptop and desktop are Windows 10 and it's sooo much better than the old one (Windows 8~8.1). It pisses me off a lot less more :)

That said, I've tried Linux for a while, on a USB distro and while it's okay it was slow and didn't quite perform as well as Windows did (probably because it was in USB instead of a partition on the computer) but oh well, outside of that it didn't really annoy me as much - then again it was a particularly user friendly distro.

Also, all those Steam games I bought and swore I'd play but kinda gather dust would gather even more dust with Linux or Mac, so ...

I use Linux Mint for the most part, but I've got it dual-booted with Windows 10 because I need Windows for some things (PC gaming, developing Windows apps, and so on). And because I started off with windows 7 (later upgraded directly to 10) and prefer running each OS directly rather than making do with virtual boxes...I don't use OS X at all, though. Except for a hacked version I've got running on a virtual box just for fun.

@Terminus

Mac is not an OS. MacOS is an OS however.
Can the poll be fixed?

Notw well that Apple has recently retired OSX and renamed it MacOS. It fits their lineup of OSes better and it's a reminder of how the classic Macs OS was Mac OS.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I use Windows 7 on my own desktop, but right now, I'm on the family Mac, since my PCs graphics card broke down and I turned it in for installation of a new one.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I remember when I was getting ready to go off to college everyone was getting Macs and I was super jealous because my mom had bought me a laptop for graduation and it was a Windows PC. I ended up getting to school and using a Mac in the library and absolutely hating it so it all worked out.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
MacOS at home
Ubuntu at work

If I ever build a proper game pc again it will contain either SteamOS or Windows

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I run Windows 10. My family has always had Windows PCs so I've never actually had the chance to use a Mac. It's what I'm use to and works fine for my needs, so I doubt I'll ever make the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom