• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is more powerful?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The Triforce or the Goddess'?

We see in WW they flooded hyrule but it wasn't nearly as destructive as the flood brought about by the Triforce and again in SS we see that Hylia is able to suppress Demise's for thousands of years but again it's the power of the triforce that destroys him.

Countless times we see in the series that the Triforce is this all powerful artifact or gift given to the goddess' chosen ones, who then proceed to war with one another over said power. Yet we see that when united it can literally bend reality.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Well, first of all, Hylia isn't one of the original goddesses that created the Triforce, and the world. That was Din, Nayru and Farore, so she is automatically weaker than the Triforce.
But as for the other 3, I'd say they're stronger, since they're it's creators.
About the flood, I think that they chose to keep that small part of Hyrule "unflooded" under the ocean for a reason (most likely to preserve the Master Sword), not because they weren't strong enough to do it. In fact it only proves that they're stronger, since they could choose a specific area that would be shielded from the water. When that part was flooded in the end of WW, it was just that "shield" being removed so that the rest of the ocean could fill it up.

To sum it all up i'd say: Golden Goddesses > Triforce > Hylia > Other divine beings (dragons, light spirits etc.)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Triforce is ultimate power. There is nothing greater in the series as it can be used to access the power of the Golden Goddesses. They created the entire world and there is nothing above them.

Hylia is a lesser Goddess who's power alone was beneath than that of the Demon King.

Mido

Version 1
In some respects, I consider the power of the three goddesses to be equal to the Triforce, an entity they created. The Triforce seems to grant the wielder the power equivalent to the goddesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom