• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where is the Power in TP?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
At the end of TP when Ganon has the Master Sword in his belly we see how he tries to do something with his triforce but then leaves him. To have an equal balance of power,wisdom and courage the triforce of power had to leave to another person or they would be inbalance.

So what do you think am i right or i am being paranoid.

C

Chibi-Robo Link

You may be onto something there. However, I think it left Ganondorf because he died, then again, it is Zelda, so I think you could be right.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think it left him, causing him to go blind again. Remember how the sages were able to capture Ganondorf, because he was blind? Well, my theory is that the ToP gave him his eyesight back, then made him go blind again at the end.

I think it left him, causing him to go blind again. Remember how the sages were able to capture Ganondorf, because he was blind? Well, my theory is that the ToP gave him his eyesight back, then made him go blind again at the end.

*facepalm* i really don't think they ment that literally. traditionally most villains ARE metaphorically blind as to what to do with that power. this is what was ment.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
good question...
either there's another person with equal power lurking in wait of a sequal or Link and Zelda lost their pieces too. Is there evidence that they didn't? (I think Zelda may have used her ToW after Ganondorf died?)
Of course, another possibility is that Ganondorf didn't die, but I'd rather leave that subject to the other thread.

You may be onto something there. However, I think it left Ganondorf because he died, then again, it is Zelda, so I think you could be right.
Or he died because the ToP left him.
This has already been explained recently. That is what is in the world of literature called a metaphor. He was blind in that he couldn't "see" his weaknesses.

Din Akera

Sniper
At the end of TP when Ganon has the Master Sword in his belly we see how he tries to do something with his triforce but then leaves him. To have an equal balance of power,wisdom and courage the triforce of power had to leave to another person or they would be inbalance.
So what do you think am i right or i am being paranoid.

I disagree. The triforce pieces yes do have to be in balance, but for only one person to hold them all. Each individual piece can be held by one person who does not have the three affinities in balance. That is why the different pieces went to who they did. Link had courage as his strongest affinity of Courage, therefore he ld that piece. Zelda has an abundance of Wisdom, and Ganondorf was powerful, therefore he held the triforce of power.

Your statement that it left him because he did not hold a balance of the three does not fly because he held the triforce of power alone up until that point. (As well as Link and Zelda holding the triforces of courage and wisdom independently.)

As to the base of your question, I believe it left him because he died. The master sword performed its job as the sword of evil’s bane and killed the evil king causing the triforce of power to no longer have a host.

As others have said, this is a metaphor. Ganondorf is not actually blind. That would make him very non-powerful if many ways, don’t you think?^^

either there's another person with equal power lurking in wait of a sequal or Link and Zelda lost their pieces too. Is there evidence that they didn't? (I think Zelda may have used her ToW after Ganondorf died?)

I don’t believe Link and Zelda lost their pieces too, but I would say that it is possible that link may have received the triforce of Power due to slaying Ganondorf. There is absolutely no evidence of this, but if any of you know the reference I am talking about, I would love to see it in the next game on the timeline. :D

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I disagree. The triforce pieces yes do have to be in balance, but for only one person to hold them all. Each individual piece can be held by one person who does not have the three affinities in balance. That is why the different pieces went to who they did. Link had courage as his strongest affinity of Courage, therefore he ld that piece. Zelda has an abundance of Wisdom, and Ganondorf was powerful, therefore he held the triforce of power.

Your statement that it left him because he did not hold a balance of the three does not fly because he held the triforce of power alone up until that point. (As well as Link and Zelda holding the triforces of courage and wisdom independently.)
I believe you misunderstood him. He meant that each piece must have a host with relative even levels of specialization in order for the pieces as a whole to be in balance. This is indicated both by Sheik in OoT and by Ganondorf in the removed TP text. I'm not sure if I understand your last statement fully, but Link and presumably Zelda have their respective pieces on the CT ending of OoT.

As to the base of your question, I believe it left him because he died. The master sword performed its job as the sword of evil’s bane and killed the evil king causing the triforce of power to no longer have a host.
First off, Din, I basically agree with your entire post up until this part.

Thing is, I don't think it was even about the Triforce leaving him. Ganon was killed by Link, that much is certain. The sequence of the Triforce disappearing was really practically moot, unless it was saying he finally died (which is irrelevant since that has happened before too and he was revived anyway).

Point is I believe that sequence was symbolic rather than literal. The game constantly used the themes of the Goddesses granting power. Link was, right off the bat, the chosen hero of the gods. Ganon somehow had been chosen as well and he was denied that. This was just a symbolic sequence to show that he was forsaken by the goddesses. This is proven even more by the appearance of Zant in that sequence, who obviously was not there in physical form nor would it have mattered if he had actually hurt Ganon or not. It's not worth taking seriously or literally IMO.

As for the main theory of this thread, that's basically not possible. As Din said the Triforce isn't in a constant state of balance or anything like that. It's not like the universe regulates the three traits. It's simply that the Triforce is a powerful object so it can only be handled in it's full form by a balanced individual. Ganon is not balanced. The Triforce of Power only went to him because not only was he powerful but he thirsted for power. Power was his life.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
First off, Din, I basically agree with your entire post up until this part.

Thing is, I don't think it was even about the Triforce leaving him. Ganon was killed by Link, that much is certain. The sequence of the Triforce disappearing was really practically moot, unless it was saying he finally died (which is irrelevant since that has happened before too and he was revived anyway).

Point is I believe that sequence was symbolic rather than literal. The game constantly used the themes of the Goddesses granting power. Link was, right off the bat, the chosen hero of the gods. Ganon somehow had been chosen as well and he was denied that. This was just a symbolic sequence to show that he was forsaken by the goddesses. This is proven even more by the appearance of Zant in that sequence, who obviously was not there in physical form nor would it have mattered if he had actually hurt Ganon or not. It's not worth taking seriously or literally IMO.

As for the main theory of this thread, that's basically not possible. As Din said the Triforce isn't in a constant state of balance or anything like that. It's not like the universe regulates the three traits. It's simply that the Triforce is a powerful object so it can only be handled in it's full form by a balanced individual. Ganon is not balanced. The Triforce of Power only went to him because not only was he powerful but he thirsted for power. Power was his life.
(emphasis mine)

Sheik disagrees.
Sheik said:
The Triforce...the sacred triangle...
it is a balance that weighs the three forces:
Power, Wisdom and Courage.
But, if that one's heart is not in balance, the Triforce will separate into
three parts
Those two parts will be held within others chosen by destiny, who will bear the
Triforce mark on the backs of their hands.

And so does Ganondorf.
Ganondorf said:
When one who holds the chosen power appears...

Necessarily, one to accomplish the antithesis of that will be born.

That is the fate of those who bear the crests that were awarded by the gods you believe in.
Assuming Link and Zelda still have their crests, necessarily, one to accomplish the antithesis of those crests will be born. If there wasn't already another evil guy lurking in the shadows, a new one was born at that moment.

Also, if the goddesses actively granted power, then there would have been no need to create the MS because the ToX would be able to tell good from evil. Granted TP refers to the goddesses many times, so that may have been retconned.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ

YOu know I had never noticed that before, but even when he died im sure he was not sorry for what he had done, im sure he wanted to fight back to rule Hyrule. Although if your theory of the Triforce not being the power that regulates the universe seems a little bit odd, remember the Triforceis the power itself of the goddess, they are like a bridge to whatever (wishes, sacred realm etc.) I find quite odd there is no universal meaning for the Triforce

initialDable

going deku
Either
I believe it left him because he died.

This could be since when he died in LoZ it left him too correct?

2. We may not know enough about the Master Sword, perhaps it has some kind of power to bring the triforce out of Ganon in order to stop his evil power. After all it is the blade of evil's bane. (no indication of this in OoT though)

Link was, right off the bat, the chosen hero of the gods. Ganon somehow had been chosen as well and he was denied that

The divine prank may be destined to continue to a new hero and villian.

4. You're paranoid :)

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
This is not certain, and is a very controversial topic. We've been debating it in the "Multiple Deaths of Ganondorf" thread for over a month now.

Theory/Moderator's note:
Since this thread is very similar to the "Multiple Deaths of Ganondorf" thread, I strongly suggest that everyone go read through the thread if they want to catch up on this discussion; unfortunately, a lot of these points have already been made in that thread, and I strongly suggest that everyone review that thread before posting here, at http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?12544-The-Multiple-Deaths-of-Ganondorf!.

While this thread is very similar to that one, I will not be closing this one. I am, however, pondering merging the threads, because there is certainly an overlap in the discussion. This is almost identical to a sub-discussion of that thread, so I may consider merging it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom