• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where is Snow Peak?

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Where is Snow Peak in Breath of The Wild? I think I have the most likely candidate.

When we first learned about Hebra in BotW I and probably many others assumed that we would find snow Peak there. As it turns out there is not explicate mention of Snowpeak in the game, but I do think it is present. In Twilight Princess Snowpeak was accessed through a cave in Zora's Domain. This means that the most reasonable place to put Snowpeak in another game would be neighboring Zora's Domain or at least be near the Lanayru Region.
As it turns out there is a snowy mountain in this very region in BotW, Mt. Lanayru.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Screenshot_7.png

Here's BotW's and TP's maps to compare their geographies.
Now there are many years separating BotW from TP or any game depending on what timeline it does end up on. This gives a lot of time for the land to shift and move.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I never really bought into the Land shifting hypothesis. In reality it takes millions of years not thousands for land to move around significantly. I chock up the inconsistencies in the map to artistic license (especially for mountains and rivers-Buildings a forests can be rebuilt/regrow or be destroyed). So I doubt Snowpeak changed location relative to Zora's domain. Meaning the closest snowy mountain to Zora's domain is the best candidate for Snowpeak.

The maps that you showed do support the idea that Hebra contain's Snowpeak as Hebra is in the same relative place to many places in BotW as Snowpeak is in TP. But I think Zora's domain is the most relevant location to reference when looking for Snowpeak. As Snowpeak was implied to be very close to Zora's domain not least because the "Beast" Yeto travailed down the mountain and straight into Zora's domain to catch fish. Hebra is way to far from the Domain to do such.

As far as mountains/volcanoes go, they could potentially change the landscape drastically very quickly... a sudden shift in tectonic plates could cause them to appear/disappear in a matter of minutes in extreme cases... and a dormant volcano could suddenly become active again after centuries, turning an icy mountain into a fiery volcano (or vice-versa).

Death Mountain in TP actually roughly matches the location of Zora's Domain in OoT and BotW, which we know to be a mountainous region, so this could have been a dormant volcano in OoT that became active by the time of TP (forcing the Zora to relocate up north), but has gone dormant again by BotW.
Likewise, the Death Mountain from OoT may have gone dormant by the time of TP, before becoming active again by the time of BotW (with the Death Mountain name passing to whichever mountain was an active volcano at the time).

Death Mountain in TP actually roughly matches the location of Zora's Domain in OoT and BotW, which we know to be a mountainous region, so this could have been a dormant volcano in OoT that became active by the time of TP (forcing the Zora to relocate up north), but has gone dormant again by BotW.
Likewise, the Death Mountain from OoT may have gone dormant by the time of TP, before becoming active again by the time of BotW (with the Death Mountain name passing to whichever mountain was an active volcano at the time).

This also could help explain the Rito if BotW is in the CT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom