• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Did You Get Your Username From?

I'm just a huge Dead Kennedy's fan and feeling alienated in high school made their song "Terminal Preppie" stick with me. So modified slightly and bang, username accomplished!

A while back, there used to be a website called regretsy, where the author would make fun of the the worst the website Etsy had to offer. (Etsy is like ebay for crafted and hand-made stuff.) Stuff like...

regretsy_pinkgoatcoat_medium.jpg

...yeah.

One of the categories was called "Whimsical F***ery," where the absolute worst of these items was documented. Since then, I've used "WhimsicalF***ery" as my handle on most forums, or just "Whimsical" for places where cursing isn't allowed.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Due to my interest in Japan my closest friends started calling me "Jimmu". About 6 months later I actually googled it out of curiosity and then found out that Jimmu was actually the (supposed) first emperor of Japan, so I thought that's a cool coincidence and ended up putting it as my name here.

I have always liked Latin words. Many of my usernames in-game/forums are either fully Latin or part Latin. Other usernames I have contain immunology terms because science is awesome.

Sicarius is the Latin word for "Assassin".

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
it is my actual name irl! :)
it just happens to be easier to use my irl name than to spend several hours
trying to find nick nobody used whenever I register on a forum or in a game!

if you do have a name most people dont use, or have... then you might aswell make the use of it :D

It come from my ncik name Dadou and a guy just told me I was a devil on a counter strick competition with my team more than 15 years ago so it because my nick name : Devdadou ^^

Tibari

Rinkuji
Tibari is Tingle + Hibari (Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn)
And Rinkuji comes from Linkgi (Link + Luigi) but in a more japanese form to avoid the too obvious and silly "Linkgi"

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Very simple for me.
VikzeLink
Vik is from my first name Viktor
ze is the first 2 letters from my last name
and Link is from Link... you know, this Link -->:)

Growing up, I loved completing 100 piece jigsaw puzzles. Although I do not complete as many those types of puzzles anymore, I still love solving puzzles that test my patience and skill. My favorite series besides The Legend of Zelda happens to be the Professor Layton series, and the creator of many of the games' puzzles was known as the "Puzzle Master." He recently passed away a couple of months ago and ever since I have continued to remember his great accomplishments through my user name. The 7 at the end signifies completion as it is typically a number associated with perfection. This is why I refer to myself as PuzzleMaster7.

Last edited:
Let's see, I guess I were about four and I was deeply in love with the "Misty of Chincoteague" novel which my mother regularly read to me. My papa (father) took to pet-naming me Misty among other nicknames and over time that one became the most common.

...My papa still calls me Misty pretty regularly too, so I do associate it pretty closely with myself.

That said, I'm pretty used to people assuming it comes from Pokemon. It slightly annoys me, but I see why they do it.

I had the opportunity to visit Chincoteague a few years ago to see the horses. My daughter (who was 4 then, like you were) fell in love too. Good memories.

Night Owl

~Momentai
My mother used to call me a night owl because I loved staying up to the wee hours of the morning reading.
When I joined Zelda Dungeon, I had no idea what I wanted to be called. I remembered that nickname and thought it was cool.

I've been here 5 years and still love this name

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom