• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Love Language?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Going along with Valentine's Day, I thought I'd ask what your love languages are!

I don't specifically mean with romantic relationships, but just relationships in general. Out of the five, I show my affection to my family and my friends through physical touch and gift giving the most. I'm always hugging my siblings and my parents, especially my sis. And I ruffle both of my younger brothers' hair all the time. I give my lil bro kisses on the cheek too, hah. I pat people's backs a lot and give high-fives and stuff like that. It's like my subtle way of telling people I care about them, since, unlike my online presence, I'm a bit less direct with that sort of thing in-person, hah.

I also loove giving gifts to people. I plan months ahead with Christmas so I'm certain of ordering every gift in time, and before I order I think and think and think about what exactly to get, which they'd like better, all that jazz. It's very important to me to get a good gift because it symbolizes my care for that person. Whenever I get a heartfelt gift from someone else it makes me so happy. I feel like when I get older I'd be that family member who's always spoiling kids with presents and stuff, hahahah.

I also value words of affirmation.

Physical touch is kinda outta the question with you guys, hah, but I definitely give gifts and give words of affirmation all the time. Gifts in the form of sketches mainly.

So, my question is, what are your love languages?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Quality time is mine.

Physical touch too, but it's only certain people. Basically my wife, my family, and close friends. Wife is allowed to touch me, my family I'll allow it, and close friends, only for a little bit.

If I don't know you well, I don't feel comfortable you being in my bubble, let alone being touched. Even the people who I allow to touch me also know I'm generally not a very touchy-feely person. It kind of annoys my wife, because she loves cuddling with me, hugging me and such, and I tolerate it because she loves it.

It's because I'm usually sensitive to sensory stimuli, and physical touch I find to be very intimate, and as such, only certain people are allowed to.

My kind of physical touch is also a bit weird, as I love deep pressure, especially when my wife cracks my back and massages it deeply. I find it soothing.

And let's not forget neurodivergent love languages! In that case, mine are info-dumping about my special interests and parallel play/body doubling, meaning we spend time in the same room, but engaging in completely different activities.

^_^

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion
pretty sure it's words of affirmation or physical touch (with people I am comfortable with no just random people lol)

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Gifts and actions for me, sometimes words too!
Gifts in the form of sketches mainly.
Me too! Though I don't sketch that well, I try my level best to make the receiver happy. I got a teen Thorfinn sketch from my secret Santa which made me very happy. I also make origami and edits.

Actions like cooking, helping with bags or sharing the last bajji on plate with them too. I'm an okayish cook and I make a few decent dish. I constantly try to improve my cooking so that I can cook for more people.

Btw, making spotify playlists are underrated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom