• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Zelda Fan Site?

I'm asking this mostly just out of curiosity. I know a lot of people do not just stick to one single fan site so I am inviting you here to tell everyone what your favorite sites are. Before joining Zelda Dungeon as part of the news staff I mainly focused on 3 different sites for Zelda news. You can just make a list and follow the example that I give and include reasons why that site is in the place you gave it.

1. Zelda Dungeon - No, I am not being biased. I honestly think it is not only my favorite, but the best Zelda fan site I have found. It has a great amount of content, an incredible forum section, almost all of the staff are really kewl. Mases, David, both Christinas, Kogamo, Axle and others are all pretty kewl to talk to and all have interesting conversations / debates. Everyone is really encouraging and supportive when it comes to making decisions. and the readers. everyone who comments on my news posts have interesting things to say, but every now and then i do still come along to see trolls and comments so idiotic it makes my nose bleed. I am a huge fan of the YouTube account as well! Also they seem to have the BEST walkthroughs.. so far I have used the OoT, PH, TP and am working on the ST to get a full 100 % on each game.

2. Zelda Universe - Probably the most well known Zelda fan site. I have absolutely no problems with this site aside from them being so slow on posting news. A while back their site was a little slow, but it seems fixed now. Before I joined the ZD staff I was considering joining ZU, but ultimately changed my mind to ZD because well... ZD has a better layout, It seems to have a more active communitiy and in the staff seems better at what they do. one of the reasons i considered joining ZU was because I thought I could help out with the updates on the posts. In the end I think I made the right choice though. Jason and ZU still have my full support on anything they do.

3. Zelda Wiki - I used to visit this site a lot for random info, but now I can just use ZD's Wiki which has a better layout in my opinion. Still this is a great site.

5. Zelda Eternity - I just recently heard about this site. It looks like they are probably the smallest Zelda site I have seen or visited, but I have no problem with what they are doing.

10. Zelda Informer - This was the first site I actually became active on. After I started making comments in the articles I noticed the comments of each post went from 8 -10 for each within the first couple of hours to 20 -30. I eventually stopped going to the site because the staff seem to rude. "to put it nicely." If I wanted to learn about the playstation Vita or the ps3 I would go to a site or wiki telling me about it. NOT a zelda site. I go to Zelda sites to learn about new zelda stuff. A lot of the original stuff seems a little below average. Example being the haunted "dirty" cartridge or the "LINK IS A TREE" article. In the end they just seem to not have many commenters because of unrelated and random content. Im pretty sure I read one post about a party they went to that really had nothing to do with video games in general... So I started visiting other Zelda sites to get my info and discuss stuff with others. When I seen ZD had a lot of commenters I picked them as my main Zelda news site. I made it my goal to try and get the most FB likes, tweets and comments than any other post.

Honestly... I have not been to any other Zelda fan site and dont plan on visiting any, but give me your favorites and the ones u dislike as well as the reasons. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My favorite Zelda fansite is ZD; next in line would be ZeldaEternity, Knights of Hyrule, ZeldaWiki (if that counts), Zeldapedia...many more come in. ZD has the biggest community and I want to say the best that I've ever been inside of. I know first hand that even if you screwup here, the mods and admins will still give you chances. You can disagree (for the most part) without being trolled; help is nearly everywhere! If I could complain a bit, it would be that Zelda Game Help doesn't get nearly enough attention because of Caleb's awesomely-awesome walkthroughs! Otherwise, complaints are limited to individual concerns with a few users which are troublesome at best, useless at the core. xD

Finally an answer like I was waiting for. people have just been saying their #1 fav. not giving a list and explaining =(

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
ZD takes the top for me since it has an active fan base and consistent quality and quantity i news posts.
ZU is second for it always updates constantly like ZD but less often.
ZE is third for it is a closely knit, small community with awesome marathons!
ZI comes in fourth for being a great site but with too much general Nintendo news.
ZW comes in fifth for being an awesome editing and reference source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom