• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Copy Rod?

What do you think? Was the Copy Rod created by Occo or the Sheikah? Or is the copy rod just another

• Sheikah creation.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Occo creation

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Another name for the Dominion Rod

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the 6th dungeon of Tp, the temple of time, when you first enter the temple, there are readings on the wall of the doorway to the master sword room

view

when translated, the writing spells out the words, "Sanctuary, Master Sword, Copy Rod, Stone Statue." None of these words are out of the ordinary except Copy Rod. The first thing that might pop into your head would probably be, "Well it's obviously refrenceing the item you get in the dungeon, the Dominion Rod." Well there's a problem with that. The Dominion Rod doesn't copy anything. It gives life and controls stone statues. (Now you could say that it copies life but that's too stupid for a Zelda game). So then what is the copy rod? My theory is that it's an ancient artifact created by the Sheikah lost to time or the long lost brother to the Dominion Rod created by the Occoo. Not much is known about the Sheikah but we do know that they are one they are one of the most advanced races of Hyrule, they have created many artifacts such as the lens of truth, the mask of truth, and the sheikah stones. However, until more is revealed about the sheikah, this as far as this side of the theory goes. What about the Occo then, well they did create the Dominion Rod so it's not too farfetched. The Dominion Rod has very little practical use and could be the firsr attempt of the the creation copy rod. But what the actual copy rod itself? What problem does it solve for the Occo? Well, the Occo do not have many resources and should have probably starved by now. The continue to make massive cannons but where does all of the metal come from? Well by using the copy rod the would never be able to run out resources. What do you think? Leave you comments below.

The statues you bring to life with the dominion rod copy your movements
Again, too simple for a Zelda game

Again to simple for a Zelda game
But I see where you're coming from, however this theory explains how the Oocca survive for so long. I don't care how powerful of a race the Oocca are, they mortal beings, they need a steady income of food and resources. They are not going to get that while living in the sky

Last edited by a moderator:
Copy rod is the dominion rod. Just like the translated Gerudo text in the Arbiters Grounds is Romanized Japanese text that translates roughly to "vortex ring." There is no item called vortex ring but it obviously refers to the spinner.
Yes but just because it hasn't made an appearance an item yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Many things exist in the Zelda franchise that we have not seen with our very eyes that hold a critical importance to the timeline or the survival of many key races in Hyrule. By your logic the imprisoning war never happened, Link's mom from OoT doesn't exist and the Sheikah race only has one member.

Last edited:
What does this even mean? I translate text and freely interpret its meaning, so now I think Link doesn't have a mother?
That's not what I said, you make sound like I'm attacking you. What I meant was that just because one text is a metaphor for an item you can get doesn't mean another text is going to be the same thing. I was pointing out the fact that we have to consider something as literal message just as much as we have to consider something as a metaphorical message. For example, if in Snowpeak, you read a text that said destructive ball, you have to consider that there might be something in Snowpeak called a destructive ball and not immediately assume that it's talking about the ball and chain.

So, had they not told you in-game that the Picori and the Minish are synonymous, would you deny it? Things develop other names over time, and the Zelda series usually acknowledges this pretty well. Even with just things lost over time like the fishmen referring to the Triforce as the Triumph Forks. They never stated the Triumph Forks and the Triforce are the same thing, so why do we know they are? Because it's common sense. Copy rod describes the Dominion Rod's functionality just like vortex ring describes the Spinner. Perhaps that's their designated name but both are somewhat of artifacts, maybe what they are called in your inventory is like a Triumph Forks or Picori slip.

Again, too simple for a Zelda game

Given the series is known for translation changes, artifacts left over from previous builds, etc, "copy rod" was most likely an unintended fluke.

That being said, I would like to see some sort of doppleganger ability in a future installment.

So, had they not told you in-game that the Picori and the Minish are synonymous, would you deny it? Things develop other names over time, and the Zelda series usually acknowledges this pretty well. Even with just things lost over time like the fishmen referring to the Triforce as the Triumph Forks. They never stated the Triumph Forks and the Triforce are the same thing, so why do we know they are? Because it's common sense. Copy rod describes the Dominion Rod's functionality just like vortex ring describes the Spinner. Perhaps that's their designated name but both are somewhat of artifacts, maybe what they are called in your inventory is like a Triumph Forks or Picori slip.
This is getting really tiring. First of all, Copy Rod isn't the best way to describe the Dominion Rod. Something like Life-Giving Rod or Controlling Rod would be a better way to describe the Dominion Rod. Second of all, I'm talking about texts you read on the walls of any place in Hyrule, not information that's straight up told to you by the royal family like the picori and the minish be the same thing. Also are you just testing me because if so it's really annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom