• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What happened exactly to Ikana

So I've been thinking about Ikana canyon, one of my favorite locations in MM and how the Garo accdently kill everyone. Now, the game tells us that Garo enter Ikana canyon for intelligence but that something goes horribly wrong. But who tells or hires the Garo to enter Ikana canyon? The Garo don't have a nation and they don't really have a reason to attack the Ikana Royal Family. Nintendo hasn't confirmed if the Garo has a nation so I'm ruling that out. So who else would have reason to hire the Garo and order them to attack? The Zoras? The Gorons? The Deku? No, they all have a really good defense and military so they wouldn't feel threatened by them.. Clock Town! It's the only one that makes sense. It's on a flat plain that's easy to traverse, They barely have a military, and they seem like the type to order someone to attack from the shadows. Thanks for reading my overdrawn theory. Leave your comments down below!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
We know nothing of the reality of Termina outside, well... Termina. Im 99.999% sure that theres more to that world than weve seen. Plus, that took place so long ago that we dont know what the Clock Town area looked like back then. Was Clock Town as big as it is now? Were the Zora more prominent in society? We have no idea what it was like, so we cant say much. For all we know your conclusion may make no sense at all.
I personally have ideas about what went wrong that arent directly affected by the Garo, but I wont get into that here.

Actually, we do know they have a nation.

"They are merely shells that are empty on the inside. They're the shells of spies from an enemy nation sent to investigate Ikana. They have been unable to forget their living days. Even now their spirits--emptiness cloaked in darkness--continue to spy."

We don't really know exactly who they are, but they were definitely sent by an enemy nation - possibly one that existed prior to other civilizations except Ikana came into being, such as Clocktown - came to fruition. Also, Clocktown is most definitely not a nation, it's literally just a small town in the middle of Termina. The enemy nation had to be something completely separate of Clocktown, or its prior incarnation (assuming it was a Kingdom or Nation of Termina instead of just Clocktown.)

Actually, we do know they have a nation.

"They are merely shells that are empty on the inside. They're the shells of spies from an enemy nation sent to investigate Ikana. They have been unable to forget their living days. Even now their spirits--emptiness cloaked in darkness--continue to spy."

We don't really know exactly who they are, but they were definitely sent by an enemy nation - possibly one that existed prior to other civilizations except Ikana came into being, such as Clocktown - came to fruition. Also, Clocktown is most definitely not a nation, it's literally just a small town in the middle of Termina. The enemy nation had to be something completely separate of Clocktown, or its prior incarnation (assuming it was a Kingdom or Nation of Termina instead of just Clocktown.)

I never called clock town a nation, just simply a territory, However, it's also completely possible that Clock Town is a settlement of whatever nation. Maybe this unamed nation made an attempt to protect it. I agree with that clock town is not a nation. It's to small and it's placement isn't tactical for a real nation. So it's probably a settlement

But for what you had to work with, not bad.
Thanks. It's really hard to work with an Ikana theory since we don't know jack **** about it except the basic history of it.

I never called clock town a nation, just simply a territory, However, it's also completely possible that Clock Town is a settlement of whatever nation. Maybe this unamed nation made an attempt to protect it. I agree with that clock town is not a nation. It's to small and it's placement isn't tactical for a real nation. So it's probably a settlement
Also if a nation did hire the Garo, wouldn't the Ikana Kingdom consider the Garo apart of that nation anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the clock towners are refugees from Ikana??
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah-no.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah-no.
Sorry about sounding like an smartass but the residents of Ikana, except Pamela and her father, are a completely different race from the residents of clock town.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I think if youre running away from a war in your homeland, youd wanna be near-ish

Sorry about sounding like an smartass but the residents of Ikana, except Pamela and her father, are a completely different race from the residents of clock town.
ummmm theyre just wearing robes to be different....

the weird face-ness could have bred out of them??
That would have taken thousands of years in order for that to happen. There's no way the Kindom of Ikana fell more than 10 years before the event of the game

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
That would have taken thousands of years in order for that to happen. There's no way the Kindom of Ikana fell more than 10 years before the event of the game

What makes you think that?
Sure there isn't much weather damage but Ikana is situated in a dry canyon and the only source of water is either far below or in a smallish well. Judging by the fact the few homes we've seen there haven't borne up well against the ravages of time i'd say it's closer to 100 years or more likely a few hundred. The Castle itself seems amazingly well preserved but that's a well noted fact of areas where it's almost constantly dry look at egypt.

Also we do see the devastation of war all over the place, the large graveyard where soldiers still patrol and even the captain is still "alive" (used in the loosest sense of the word) the Castle actually looks to have defended the rest of the valley kingdom as it's the most severely damaged in terms of non natural causes.

Also for all we know Terminians are genetically mutated from Ikana residents, just from the fall out of the war. Judging by the fact it literally becomes a city of undeath something says they dabbled with the supernatural warping them in death.

One thing interests me why does no one look at Ikana's Well? That place seems like a trial for warriors of the kingdom.

Also i'd say Ikana and the Garo Factions are Akin to the Gerudo split in Adult links life. You have one faction dedicated to gaining intelligence and the upper hand (Garo/Nabooru) they are small in number but seem to be better equipped and the other faction is akin to an army with mighty warriors (Ikana/Gerudo)

Also i do feel i need to point out something quick. It's stated in game that the undeath thing happened thanks to stone tower, so whatever happened overall is tied up to Stone Tower, i wouldn't be surprised that since the Garo Master is found in the Temple that the Garo originally inhabited the entire Stone Tower area and went to war with Ikana their closest neighbours.

Who the hell knows long term ^^, just a few thoughts to throw out .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom