• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Games Should be on the Nintendo Switch?

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
They need to capitalize on their popular franchises more. Non-remaster/reboot/mini side game appearances of The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Star Fox and Donkey Kong would be fantastic on the switch.

I know they've left it for dead but I really wanna see a new F-Zero title too.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Definitely want to see an Animal Crossing title for the NS. (Mainly because Amiibo festival was a huge disappointment.) Other than that, Breath of the Wild is a given, and I hope to see Pokemon Stars if it's an actual thing.

I'd also love another Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons title like Animal Parade on the Wii. I feel like they haven't made any great home console games for awhile in that franchise, and the NS would be the perfect console for that sort of game since it's one that people often play on the go, but also does very well on TV consoles.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Oh and Gamefreak should totes capitalize on the Switch's power to do a full on Pokemon RPG too

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
In the trailer, I saw a version of Splatoon being played on the Switch. I'd like to see an updated version of that, but with local multiplayer. The Switch would be perfect for it due to its ability to have four players on two systems playing locally. Maybe 2 vs 2 or free for all modes?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
In the trailer, I saw a version of Splatoon being played on the Switch. I'd like to see an updated version of that, but with local multiplayer. The Switch would be perfect for it due to its ability to have four players on two systems playing locally. Maybe 2 vs 2 or free for all modes?
In that very same trailer, you have that very same thing. Well, except it was four players, each on their own system. However they were playing locally.

2 people on each system, it would be much much harder to play Splatoon on considering how small the screen is, and how much of Splatoon relies on stealth.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
In that very same trailer, you have that very same thing. Well, except it was four players, each on their own system. However they were playing locally.

2 people on each system, it would be much much harder to play Splatoon on considering how small the screen is, and how much of Splatoon relies on stealth.
True

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Has since been removed but here's a screenshot. An EB games listing showing 3 Switch games. BotW, SM-Switch and Skyrim HD. What's interesting is the game boxes look like a blu ray box only red instead of blue. I quite like the colours. Also note the size fo the boxes, more inline with 3DS size game boxes (must likely because carts are smaller than discs). Probably still placeholder art but still. It's in a spoiler because it's a large image.

HP7i0y2.jpg

@the8thark I really hope Nintendo actually uses those red boxes. I really liked the red boxes they used for New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart 8, and Super Mario Maker. Plus, they're very distinguishable from the blue of PS4 boxes and the green of Xbox One boxes, and they'd make a lovely color combination in my collection.

@A Link In Time I agree totally. For these reasons.
  • Differentiates them from the PS and XBox boxes. People can easily tell they are Switch.
  • Red is an important colour in Japan culture/history. It's even the only colour on their national flag. The whole red/white thing being the same as their national flag is probably just a co-incidence but it's a very apt one.
  • Red is easily distinguishable from a distance. So those game store owners who put the Nintendo products in the back corner because they are anti Nintendo, well the red boxes will be easy to spot.
  • With the boxes smaller physical size the need a strong colour to make them stand out.
Also just as a point. The Super Mario Maker Box was Yellow, not red.

Kingdom Hearts 3 please.. Nintendo, get Square on the line..
They have to release KH 2.9234523453425 and 2.9456745675 first you know :)

More game info from LKD.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...on_ubisofts_big_plans_for_the_nintendo_switch

• Rayman Legends Switch Port is being announced during Jan 12 event for Q2 release.
  • Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the title of that Rabbids Mario Rabbids RPG. I have one source telling me it may get pushed to September.
  • BGE2 Odyssey teaser is done. Likely to be at the end of the end of Jan 12 event.
  • BGE2 codename is Odyssey. Exclusive to Switch for 12 months only, retail and digital versions. after 12 months digital on PS4 and XB1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom